Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Cocaine and flamenco   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

guitarbuddha

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ron.M

For me I find it worrying that hard drug use has such a low profile in the media. There is no end of nonsense about cannabis and ridiclulous scare stories about ecstacy.

I was bemused when amongs all the nonsense about these heroin addicts were (and still are) dropping like flies in Glasgow (and presumably the rest of the UK ).

A frank discussion about the dangers of drugs is something which is really lacking in our culture. Cannabis is a drug which has no fatal dose, the fatal dose of heroin and cocain is too often and too easily found, and the same goes for alcohol.

Certainly the biggest danger for someone who has moved away from drug use is to spend time in the company of people who do (anyone who has tried to stop smoking whilst living with a smoking spouse will have noticed this) so I can certainly understand Picado's shock and fear. In the light of this then his overreaction is understandable.

I am slightly concerned that there seem to be polar opposite views expressed here . A: it is all a joke....... a big boys game, B: it is like secret devil worship(to be honest thats not really being expressed here but I was enjoying my hyperbole).

Whilst A is the more obviously dangerous view the effect of the second is insidious and potentially very negative, it encourages the idea that (since B is so patently reactive and unreasonable) B may be true.

One of the pities about the association with some players with 'performance enhancing' drugs is that players of the classical guitar are given an easy way out of consideration of the tremendous technical accomplishments of the flamencos. The amount of times I have heard a player of modest accomplishment dismiss Paco because of this rumour is laughable.

Blah Blabh

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 22:37:23

JBASHORUN

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 11 2011 18:09:43
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 22:43:02

JBASHORUN

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 11 2011 18:08:52
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 22:50:37

koella

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to JBASHORUN)1 votes

quote:

ORIGINAL: JBASHORUN
If rioja were available alcohol free, I would gladly switch to this alternative

Yes sure.
And if I could fall in love with a crashtest dummy, I would never need a wife again.

socrates: to be is to do
sartre: to do is to be
sinatra: do-be-do-be-do
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 23:11:28

JBASHORUN

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to koella)1 votes

quote:

Yes sure.
And if I could fall in love with a crashtest dummy, I would never need a wife again.

Hey, stranger things have happened, amigo!

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

¡Si esto no está en compas, esto no es el Flamenco!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 23:25:59

eccullen

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to guitarbuddha

quote:

ORIGINAL: guitarbuddha

A frank discussion about the dangers of drugs is something which is really lacking in our culture. Cannabis is a drug which has no fatal dose, the fatal dose of heroin and cocain is too often and too easily found, and the same goes for alcohol.
D.

This a really interesting discussion- sort of some of the broader scene that we are part of. Tobacco too fits in this risk/benefit, enhancement/damage set of issues.

Seems a tough call- we've all seen those burned out and demented or partially demented or damaged from some sort of abuse or overuse wandering through life; and who would really want to take the risk of even a little of that ( I guess most of us at some point ). And seen those who seem to beat the odds and skate by, or even have their success and fulfillment seem linked to "substances" ( Jerry Garcia comes to mind too-though he died kind of young).

And on the other hand there is this kind of information:
Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects: http://www.jci.org/cgi/content/full/115/11/3104
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 0:21:56

Florian

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ailsa

quote:

Well Flo you are surprisingly mature for one so young. I think you are actually 52 but have had a lot of cosmetic surgery.

lol. thank you... i have a good day here and there but dont get used to it I mostly run on normal level of maturity and responsibillity for my age (acctualy between you and me is more like bellow average )

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 3:42:06

HemeolaMan

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ricardo)

Nah Ricardo...That's OK "Mr.StormyRainCloud".....

cheers,

Ron

SLAM DUNK MUTHAFUKKA!

but seriously, i'm with flo. whats up guys, lets be mellow and all go practice some more.

I think just about 75% of the peeps I went to school with did drugs at some point. 50% of my professors smoke dope. And in chicago, some families put cocaine in thier fridge to freshen things up instead of baking soda lol. not only that, almost all of our politicians are snortin, smokin, drinkin, or shootin or screwin somethin.

Hell, i mean just pick up a newspaper here and you can see who got caught doing what driving where for the 3rd time lol.

Drugs are out there. People do them. A foro member mentioned a name. big deal, I can see myself easily doing the same thing and not thinking about the reprecussions of what I say. hell i do that for every post!

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 4:16:06

Ailsa

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to koella

quote:

ORIGINAL: koella

Koella you are so right to appreciate the real thing - we women are irreplaceable. As opposed to men, because we have sperm banks now.

Just kidding guys, you know we love you

@Bash - great pic of your family.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 7:19:55

Francisco

Yea, but we don't have the technology to synthesize sperm, so, in a way, you still need us.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 7:56:38

Ailsa

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Francisco

quote:

ORIGINAL: samwise
but we don't have the technology to synthesize sperm,

Not yet, but medical and scientific technology moves on fast, and there's plenty in the banks to keep the human race going until the technology catches up.

But look we could still keep one or two of you as pets.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 8:43:03

guitarbuddha

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ailsa

Ailsa you are behind the times there is almost no sperm left in the bank since the change in the paternity laws.

Is that why you are grooming Flo?

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 12:42:54

Florian

quote:

Ailsa you are behind the times there is almost no sperm left in the bank since the change in the paternity laws.

Is that why you are grooming Flo?

D.

whoa !! ...take it eazy there man thats a tad too comfortable, while she jokes around with us Ailsa is still a lady (and a married one) just because shes very eazy going and has a great sense of houmor lets not see how much we can get away with curious.. did you notice the line when you overstepped it a litlle ? (not much but still , you are either over it or standing on it right now...back away slowly )

and plus that message kind of embarrased me (almost choked on my icecoffe) , ..besides i am not even in the sperm conversation.

(voice changes to marlon brando in godfather)
I love you like my own brother but if you ever embarras me again I kill you
jk.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 13:13:47

val

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 8 2010 18:23:08
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 14:12:26

Stu

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to val

quote:

Yea, but we don't have the technology to synthesize sperm, so, in a way, you still need us

They still need us!
Who will play guitar for their dance classes?? Paula de Lucia??
Geraldine Nunez??? I dont think so!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 14:26:06

guitarbuddha

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Florian

Please don't tell your mommy on me Flo. Let it just be our little secret.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 30 2007 14:27:52
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote