Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Cocaine and flamenco   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ailsa

OK Ailsa...I've had a think about it and deleted references to names on the basis of the fact that we are primarily a Flamenco music discussion group and not a News group or Gossip group.

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 12:58:44

Ailsa

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ron.M

Thank you Ron

Pimientito you happy now too?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:04:19

Pimientito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M

I don't feel the Forum can be held responsible for statements by a particular person and which nobody can prove are true or false.

Ron, I dont want to sound argumentative but this is not idle gossip like, like who stole whose falsetta or who kissed who last saturday.
This is a specific allegation about a named individual (thanks ricardo) on a public forum about alledged criminal activity. It is based on hearsay. Regardless of the past of any individuals, those specific quotes I highlighted are untrue. This should not be a thread for public discussion. This thread would have been suitable for discussion if it had remained general. I understand your reluctance to act as a censor but this thread goes against the spirit of the forum, the development of flamenco, the community of forumites and is potentially incriminating.
Since it can not be proved to be true, why provoke controversy?
Since other members are unhappy with its content and want it deleted, why not listen to them.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:06:37

Pimientito

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Pimientito

THANK YOU
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:07:58

stephen hill

thanks for the edits ron, was getting a bit dodgy there for a while.

stephen hill - granada spain
http://www.spanishguitars.co.uk
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:13:00

Stu

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to paco picado

quote:

That a great deal of these all night Juergas a fuelled by Cocaine, and of course booze

Apparently, football matches have balls involved too!!!!

Cool, Raw, Good music imo, usually has some kind of substance responsible for that creative spark, or at least it helps ignite the spark.
Everything in moderation though. Or you just become a **** up!! and thats no recipe for making tunes.

Stu
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:19:31

Florian

I am sure Paco picado would have corrected himself if he had the time to come back and read himself again or see our reaction, i dont think it was done mean heartetly, perhaps without too much tought for consequence but i doubt if it was mean hearted, i gues he has perssonal experiences with this stuff and feels quite passionate about the subject. (fair enough, none of us are arguing the existance or use in flamenco or the right or wrongness)

But naming names (wrongly or rightly) takes it to another whole other level, one that none of us really wanna go to, not to mention is quite careless unless you know 1001 % and even then is not for you or us to say, and not here.

something like this is a personall problem to be dealt with by the people concerned and they close friends or familly, nothing to do with us as a group.

To a famous figure even an unproven roumer is like a sentence as it can cause alot of problems for someone. gulty or not, public image plays a huge part in ones career. Look at Michael Jackson for example, none of us know for sure if it happened or not and thats not even relevant anymore the name has been stained forever and you will always associate it with the scandals whenever you hear it...
gulty or not.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 13:29:03

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Florian

this thred is just sh*t. ITS HIDEOUS....but i cant look away
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:25:58

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Guest

this is the sh*ttest thred and the best thred all rolled into one (i know ill be back to see the latest developments) its so bad its good
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:27:34

JBASHORUN

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 11 2011 18:10:28
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:39:17

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to JBASHORUN

once i saw flo pick his nose at the lights when he was driving his car.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:55:56

Pimientito

quote:

ORIGINAL: JBASHORUN

Come on, guys... spill the beans... which tocaor has been cruising the red-light district lately, hmm?

Jb

That would be PIMPientito
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:57:06

pimpdaddy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 16:58:33

how good is this thred? c'mon admit it, we are all lovin' it.
ole!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 17:02:54

Stu

quote:

Come on, guys... spill the beans... which tocaor has been cruising the red-light district lately, hmm?

quote:

once i saw flo pick his nose at the lights when he was driving his car

quote:

It just improved!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 17:45:27

Arash

this thread is just as interesting as your "spanish language" thread in the past.
Maybe you should contribute something positive just for once....
instead of informing us how bad the spanish language is or your experiences with cocaine users

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 17:50:17

XXX

I just had my first gig and am hyperactive now. Just 2 guitars. Jazz standards as bossa and rumba, one Bulerias, and one Solea solo. The other guy, Enzo Galli (link), is a Jazz musician, but can play Bulerias etc. in compas. I played the chords, he improvised. Now i also want to learn how to improvise. Offtopic that is.

Ok funny or not so funny topic here. But just have a look at Paco picados other posts and threads. You will understand why i think. edit: arash mentioned it.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 18:00:10

Ailsa

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deniz

I just had my first gig and am hyperactive now.

Congratulations Deniz - sounds like it went really well! Got any pics, sound, video to share with us? If no, next time please.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 18:30:15

Florian

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to XXX

i really dont think questioning eachother now will do any good for anybody, lets not alienate eachother by questioning eachothers contribuition to the foro.

we all use wrong choice of words sometimes or writte something we wish we could take back ( I know i do..most days acctualy ).

besides i am pretty honoured that Paco feelled comfortable enough to share some personal information about his past addictions with us, obviously its affected him more then most of us here so i think he deserves a litlle slack.

there was a missjudgement (using names), it was fixed, lets not get eachother down now for no reason.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 18:31:21

Ailsa

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Florian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian
there was a missjudgement, it was fixed, lets not get eachother down no for no reason.

Well Flo you are surprisingly mature for one so young. I think you are actually 52 but have had a lot of cosmetic surgery.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 18:35:24

XXX

@flo: Sorry dont wanted to insult Paco p.. I just thought because hes complaining about solo guitar, spanish language and now "cocaine and flamenco" he had a problem with flamenco. If not thats of course better, but then i dont understand his choice of words?

@Ailsa: There was a guy taking pictures of us. I just sent an email. I wanna do this every weekend, or every night. But now i have to get back to physics and mathematics. That will be hard

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 19:11:53

Jan Willem

Did you know: that the total cocaine use in the whole of spain equels the amount of cocaine use in the rest of Europe!!...... Puts things in perspective.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 20:47:50

JBASHORUN

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 11 2011 18:10:07
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:15:42

Ailsa

quote:

a certain long-haired tocaor

Which one? There are so many to choose from.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:18:21

Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pimientito

quote:

Jb

PIMP....nice arpegio!

How come whenever PPicado posts, I end up either having to bite my tongue, delete/edit my posts, or worse, have admin do it for me???
Ron you might as well just dumped what I said. My buttons get pushed real easy I admit. Sorry AGAIN everyone.

Ricardo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:31:21

Mark2

I guess I'm thick because although I'm a regular reader of the forum, I have no idea who the English guy is, and don't care. Paco Picado has brought up some interesting topics on the foro, and although I don't agree with posting references to an individual's drug use, I think anyone seriously interested in flamenco for a long time will see that some of his points about long term involvement by foreigners in flamenco, solo guitar, and yes, drug use, have validity.

Drinking, smoking, pot use, shooting H, coke, speed, etc, in flamenco have all been written about before, so nobody should be shocked. PdL has been the subject of rumors about his personal life that involve various vices, but I think that is the fate of any famous person. Many of us tend to idolize our flamenco heros, and rumors of drug use can tarnish our image of these great musicians.

It might be more interesting to ask why so many truly great artists such as Bird, Coltrane, Hendrix, C de la Isla, etc, become so deeply involved in drugs. Some say it's to re create the high that performing brings, others to isolate their minds from the daily grind in order to focus on their art.

I am not involved in a flamenco scene, probably because I can't participate fully enough in one to derive the benefits of it, but if I found myself in a circle of people involved in an activity I loved, but they all happened to be coke heads, that would definately ruin it for me. Ron's right on the money when he illustrates that drugs can only simulate the real highs in life.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:38:17

Ricardo

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Jan Willem

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jan Willem

Did you know: that the total cocaine use in the whole of spain equels the amount of cocaine use in the rest of Europe!!...... Puts things in perspective.

Aw, the rest of Europe is just jealous that Spain conquered the Americas and brought some nice stuff back home. Ida y vuelta. Colombianas baby.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:39:36

Ron.M

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

Ron you might as well just dumped what I said. My buttons get pushed real easy I admit. Sorry AGAIN everyone.

Nah Ricardo...That's OK "Mr.StormyRainCloud".....

cheers,

Ron

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 21:42:30

Ron.M

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to Mark2

Hi Mark,
The reason why I was reluctant to delete the entire thread was this.
I must be pretty naive, or live in the world of FlamencoDisney, because I was quite taken aback to find out a few years ago that hard drugs use was endemic in the Flamenco scene in Spain.
At the time it kinda shook my image of Flamenco I must admit and I had to adjust to get my head around it.
So the thread did seem relevant and informative to those, maybe young, guys planning to go to Andalucia to discover Flamenco in it's place of origin, to understand that modern life has reached there also.

cheers,

Ron

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 22:02:37

koella

RE: Cocaine and flamenco (in reply to paco picado

I guess now Rudolf the REDNOSE rendeer is in trouble too.

socrates: to be is to do
sartre: to do is to be
sinatra: do-be-do-be-do
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 29 2007 22:23:49
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message