Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Jose Ramirez 1AF 656 Negra any good?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

sartorius

RE: Jose Ramirez 1AF 656 Negra any good? (in reply to CA_Sevilla01

Currently, there are no builders in Madrid concentrating exclusively on building flamenco guitars that I know of except José Romero.

I own a 2017 Brasilian/Spruce scaled in 650 bought in his shop (a rarity as he only swears by 660s). No fear to say it's a world class instrument beautifully crafted with time and love. It has that much-liked 'Madrid sound' appreciated everywhere.

Romero would have made so much more money in his life building classicals but he happens to be fond of flamenco and that's it. His son plays in tablaos of Madrid.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 15 2020 9:46:29

Echi

RE: Jose Ramirez 1AF 656 Negra any good? (in reply to sartorius

I’m not sure a one-man shop would ever make good money selling handmade classical guitars nowadays, with few exceptions.
Anyway I agree Romero is a very good maker and quite cheap for his quality. If he dealt with classical guitars his name would me more known.
Romero left Ramirez in ‘84 I think.
He is a good example of what I stated above: the guitars made by Ramirez in the eighties were made by first class workers. I‘ve been particularly happy with Ramirez guitars 1980-1990, particularly a couple of flamenco with short serial number starting with an A (I don’t know what that means and not even Ramirez).
For instance Mariano Tezanos and Teodoro Perez used to be employees of Ramirez in those years: they started a joined business just in 91 (Tezanos-Perez) and later on they will work for Bernabe and with many other shops in Madrid. Few years ago they split and now you have Teodoro Perez having good fame.
Pedro Perez and Miguel Anguel Rodriguez (after known with the brand Pedro de Miguel) are other 2 employees who left Ramirez just in 95 etc.
I have been told that even the main luthier of Felipe Conde was a Ramirez worker of those years.
Soundwise I still prefer the Conde of those years (and of course Reyes, Gerundino etc.) but this is me.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 15 2020 18:18:38
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post