Foro Flamenco
Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.
This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira and Philip John Lee who went ahead of us too soon.
We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   16 17 18 19 [20]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Pimientito

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to edguerin

I saved a large quantity of the cover photos in a folder which I have uploaded onto dropbox. There are 367 cover photos here from this discography.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ybsdsexqbxe1kxv/AABv7DZRBuO5rXWVakxayupMa?dl=0

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2016 9:32:54

Ricardo

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to kitarist

quote:

ORIGINAL: kitarist

Thank you for your amazing work!

Once you remove the duplicates, how many unique PDL recordings did you find in total? I don't mean whole albums, but recordings as in single "songs". Further, once you remove the different recordings of the same composition - how many unique compositions (his and by others that he recorded) did you find?

Easy math to come up with the last number for solo guitar....just add up tracks from each album excluding the live albums. 4 for early ep, 10 for each of his early LPs (about 4), 8 for each of his modern LPs (about 6). 10 early modrego duets and 4 trio compositions, 1 sevillanas duet with Sanlucar, that's it. About One Hundred guitar/instrumental compositions. As for other's compositions he recorded solo, you have to take away 4 covers he did in his early albums (montoya, Escudero, E sanlucar), and add the N. Ricardo Alegria for the tribute they did in 71. Most of his duets and collaboration discs were other peoples compositions, so a rather large body of music to add.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2016 19:31:12

kitarist

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to Ricardo

Cool, thank you.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 29 2016 21:19:06

Ricardo

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to Pimientito

So I have this gig and it's a long drive so I was digging through my CD collection and dusted off this old collectors CD I bought long time ago. Being the guitar trio freak I am, I purchased this limited edition thing in the mid 90's of Friday night in Sanfrancisco with a 24 karat gold disc and fancy package. I used to listen to this one for it's superior fidelity but I replaced it with the reissue that came out after the Guitar Trio reunion disc, as I couldn't tell much of a difference between the two versions. I dusted this gold disc off and popped it in the car and it really sparkled when I cranked it up. Maybe it's just an auditory illusion, but anyway I forgot about including in your discography. So here are the two reissues from Columbia/Legacy:

Friday night in San Francisco (Master Sound Series, 24k disc) 1994, Columbia CK 64410
And
Friday Night in San Francisco reissue 1997, Columbia/Legacy CK 65168

The Gold disc has that cheesy poster and nothing new inside really, and the later reissue has a cool interview with Dimeola and liner notes by Bill Milkowsky, they talk about how exciting this music was and how the new trio had mellowed (lol). Don't think you need to add these to the discography but they were interesting to collectors I guess.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (4)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2017 21:28:45

Ricardo

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to Ricardo

Just wanted to add the poster photo and also, here is some info about the super bit mastersound series from the 90's:

https://www.discogs.com/label/371345-MasterSound-4
https://www.discogs.com/Al-Di-Meola-John-McLaughlin-Paco-De-Luc%C3%ADa-Friday-Night-In-San-Francisco/release/2911306
And superior audio version of Passion grace and fire discussed earlier:
https://www.discogs.com/John-McLaughlin-Al-Di-Meola-Paco-De-Luc%C3%ADa-Passion-Grace-Fire/release/8558651

Also wanted to add, for fun, the bootleg DVD I bought from an Al Dimeola concert. He claimed it to be from his vault, but it was a very bad VHS to DVD conversion, of the now superior quality SATURDAY NIGHT concert on youtube. The box looked pretty official though,

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (2)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 23 2017 21:35:28

Filip

Any idea what composition is this? It's the first time I hear it and I can't find that it was discussed here before https://youtu.be/wochDVBMSYA?t=1347
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2019 20:39:23

Piwin

RE: Paco De Lucía - Discography (in reply to Filip

Arrangement of Tema de Amor maybe?
from "La Sabina" soundtrack:

L'homme qui trouve douce sa patrie est encore un tendre débutant ; celui pour lequel tout sol est comme son sol natal est déjà fort ; mais celui-ci est parfait pour qui le monde entier est comme un pays étranger.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2019 21:51:49

Filip

quote:

Arrangement of Tema de Amor maybe?
from "La Sabina" soundtrack:

Oh yes, thanks Piwin. I I haven't heard this tune before although I know about it. I also have the integral box set, I think its on one of the CDs (Por descubrir).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2019 11:49:06
Page:   <<   <   16 17 18 19 [20]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   16 17 18 19 [20]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post