Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Challenges >>Previous Challenges >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to ToddK)2 votes

PLUTO
execution/technique/clarity 7
compas 6
swing/feel/aire 5
total=18

Stitch
compas 6
swing/feel/aire 6
total=19

Aladdin
execution/technique/clarity 6
compas 6
swing/feel/aire 7
total=19

Mickey Mouse
compas 8
swing/feel/aire 7
total=22

Chesire Cat
compas 8
swing/feel/aire 7
total=22

Baloo the Bear
compas 5
swing/feel/aire 5
total=16

Peter Pan
execution/technique/clarity 8
compas 8
swing/feel/aire 9
total=25

Simba
compas 9
swing/feel/aire 9
total=25

Uncle Remus
compas 5
swing/feel/aire 5
total=16

Pinnochio
compas 7
swing/feel/aire 6
total=20

Nemo
compas 5
swing/feel/aire 4
total=15

Captain Hook
execution/technique/clarity 8
compas 7
swing/feel/aire 8
total=23

I suppose my scores are a little bit generous but I think everyone deserves an OLÉ! To really assimilate the level of compás which good flamencos have, you need to spend some time in Spain, preferably in Juerga, or accompany a lot. Congratulations to all.

Sean
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 4:51:25

Florian

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Guest

excellent..we are waiting on Ricardo, John O. Grisha

Ricardo and John should be here in time

Grisha is in question..(Grisha is moving house and ...he might make it but i wanna be prepared)

if they dont vote by tomarow we can either do 1 of the 2 things

1 new members (not involved ) vote in Grishas place or after John and Ricardo we count the votes and close the scoring..

this question is open to the members involved in the challenge...since it affects them the most..

i havent counted the votes but it looks like it could be close between a couple of people, so 1 extra or less votes could make a difference...thats why i ask...feel free to pm me on how you wish to procced.. if you dont wanna reveal your identitie or interest here ( recomended) since i have allready cast my vote dosent realy matter..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 5:57:29

Arash

Ole Jason. Chano Dominguez por Bulerias.
Thanks Jason. This is really generous from you, taking the time and do such things for us.
Your attitude is muy flamenco. Highly appreciated.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 6:21:48

Ricardo

Sorry been busy. Saw antonio rey with Farruco last night and that guy is KILLER!!! I am serious...he really played his butt off, althought 70% was Paco stuff.

Ok judging is hard for me because with students of my own it is all about compas, and it is like pass fail. So I did my best to give numbers, but honestly I dont think a score of 30= moraito. I think that 30 would be the best for an intermediate player, moraito is off the chart, so maybe my scoring is higher over all than some others that posted already....anyway...

Pluto
clearity 7
compas 5
feeling 5
total 17

Stitch

Aladdin
You where the one player who lot of swing into the playing, but not perfect compas yet.

MickeyMouse

Chesire Cat
Best rhythm for me and rest is in place. Everyone else that is pretty close to your level is rushing. As jason noted those 2 little notes where so important and you dragged em too much for a perfect 10. For me you were the only one feeling that picado correct. You should go to advanced challenge next time IMO.

Baloo
You should be working on Beginner challenge not this one quite yet....but keep pushing yourself anyway....

Peter

Simba

Uncle Remus
Also you should be doing the beginner challenge, see comments to baloo.

Pinochio

Nemo

Hook

For me you had the best flamenco sound, but you really need to focus on compas from now on!

Great job everyone, this was all enjoyable to listen too! I will double check my math in a minute...

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 11:49:02

Florian

I have just been reminded about Pimiento whos back sometimes today..

Ok so i have recived no pms so i take it you guys have no preference..

So all who is left to vote now is John O, Pimiento, and maybe Grisha

voting will be closed in 24 hours starting now ( its 12 pm in Australia..i dont know your timezones ) ...we need to prepare for the beginner challenge deadline, allow a couple of victory laps for the winner here, allow challengers a chance to respond and chat a litlle.. and do this allover again for beginners so we cant take much longher then that..

at 12 pm tomarow my time ..regardless who voted and who hasent yet..the scoring closes and we will find out our winners.

ps..if someone has allready added all the scores up for everyone...can you please post it ...i am in and out all day today ...

cheers

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 16:30:58

gj Michelob

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Florian

Sir yes Sir...

I will close this at 19:00 hours NY Time tomorrow.
I will compute the scores (add up the totals scored by each) and will post them along with their respective (forum) identity.

PM me if you wish otherwise, Sir!!

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 16:42:27

Florian

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to gj Michelob

hahah i am sorry didnt mean to come across strong..did I ? ..just trying to stay on top of this challenges and have a plan..we on a tight schedual here lol

now we know why it was a good idea that we allow about 10 days difference in the deadline between this and the beginner deadline

everything is running nice a smooth

thank you Michelob

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 26 2009 16:57:49

Hola

As a most reluctant judge, I should like to say that everyone who had the cojones to participate in the Intermediate Challenge is to be congratulated. Any of you who wish to visit me in Cádiz will be treated as royalty.

But, I have to say that the Challenge highlighted the importance of compás, especially in the falsetas , where it was most lacking.

Ricardo says "judging is hard for me because with students of my own it is all about compas"

Jason says, as well as giving much valuable advice, "If all of you start to work on grooving, all of the other issues will begin to resolve themselves."

"Groove" in Cádiz is "soniquete", the moment when the music takes on a life of its own, because all of the musicians are playing tightly together.

When I came here and tried to play for gitanos who are sobraos de compás such as Angel Pastor, I quickly learned that compás means much more than fancy falsetas, if you wish to be accepted.

I shall never forget the group composed by Aurora Vargas, Niño de Pura, Bobete and El Eléctrico, two of the best palmeros in all of flamenco. With these two and Aurora playing very fast contra, Daniel played his famously (infamously) long picados absolutely in time with the palmas and brought the audience to their feet.

To play like this is like aiming for the moon, but the flamencos can do it, so don´t lose hope, just keep your sights high and listen to a lot of good flamenco.

Suerte

Sean

PS Muchas gracias a Florian for organing everything
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 8:04:38

Pimientito

Pheww!! Just got back in time to judge. I hope I am not too late. I have deliberatley not looked too much at the comments so as not to sway my vote.
All I can is CONGRATULATIONS to every entrant. This was not an easy falseta and was way harder to judge than I thought it was going to be. Overall scores were dropped by compas (or lack of) and that greatly affects aire. Many of you guys have good good tone and confident technique....just get the foot tapping. That picado run and than the break in the remate was the clincher.

PLUTO
technique 8
compás 5
Aire 5 SCORE = 18

STITCH
technique 7
compás 6
Aire 6 SCORE = 19

ALADDIN
technique 7
compás 6
aire 5 SCORE = 18

MICKEY MOUSE
technique 8
compás 6
aire 8 SCORE = 22

CHESHIRE CAT
technique 7
compás 7
aire 6 SCORE = 20

BALOO THE BEAR
technique 5
compás 3
aire 3 SCORE = 11

PETER PAN
technique 10
compás 9
aire 8 SCORE = 27

SIMBA
technique 9
compás 9
aire 7 SCORE = 25

UNCLE REMUS
technique 4
compás 2
aire 2 SCORE = 8

Pinnochio
technique 7
compás 5
aire 7 SCORE = 19

NEMO
technique 5
compás 4
aire 4 SCORE = 13

CAPTAIN HOOK
technique 7
compás 6
aire 7 SCORE = 20

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 11:35:51

Ricardo

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to JasonMcGuire

quote:

Thanks to Matic for pointing that out! I also added an mp3 of the midi piano along with the original Moraito recording. He recorded to a click obviously. 235bpm.

Missed that before. If this was the orginal florian posted, this was from a LIVE performance at a festival. AT the end you hear the audience applause.

So for years I have been going on that these guys from spain have PERFECT rhythm.... Of course the whole thing is not a perfect 235 till the end but it varies very little.

ooops never mind, I can hear the reverb now and the jaleos are different,it is not the live version. He could have used a click....but you might be surprised! Check it against the orginal florian posted if you get a chance!

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 12:04:38

takitaka

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Ricardo

hi if you listen to the live version the notes are different on the picado ligado bit cheers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 12:19:49

Kate

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Ricardo)1 votes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricardo
He could have used a click....but you might be surprised!

This challenge has been wonderful, even got Harold involved ! We were talking about the click track dilema last night. Harold will never use a click in the studio if he has a choice. He was saying the only reason to use a click is to show you are spot on, sort of showing off coz if you're not it just shows you up !

I thought everyone was brilliant and everyone who took the challenge on deserves total respect. Having to record yourself and deliver a performance is hard and everyone did it. Seeing all the other judge's scores now I see that we marked low, if so it is because Harold is thinking studio sharp, he works with professionals. So apologies for that, hope it doesn't look too harsh.

I'll stop now before I sound like Florian LOL

Well done for getting this together Florian. Truly inspired.

And thanks to everyone who took part. You are stars !!!!!

Emilio Maya Temple
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CA6OBC
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/emiliomaya
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 12:27:57

Florian

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Kate

it was a great experiment..not only the challenge but having all this different, knowledgeble people with different views judge it....what a great panel of judges..

quote:

Seeing all the other judge's scores now I see that we marked low, if so it is because Harold is thinking studio sharp, he works with professionals. So apologies for that, hope it doesn't look too harsh.

its fine ...thats the idea...i love the fact that noone was influenced by what or the way the other judges scored.

if you were tough you were tough all across the board so it wasent unfair to anyone.

when u get a good panel of judges like this...you dont wanna tell anyone how to score..u want them all to be themselfs and score it as they see fit otherwise it defeats the purpose of having them in the first place..

everyone did what they were soposed to

dont forghet...you guys are also judging the beginner challenge which will be up and ready for scoring from the 3rd or March till about the 8th ..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 14:16:12

gj Michelob

My office is closing for the weekend. Therefore i now post the Scores and Identities of our brave Intermediate Challengers.

The winner is Peter Pan (xirdneH_imiJ) with a total score of 253 points.
Second -and rather closely- is Simba (Rombsix) with 250 points.

Thank you all for this entertaining and truly inspiring competition.

Congratulation Peter Pan for the handsome performance and Florian for making it all happen.

1) Nemo PEGHEAD48 137
2) Uncle Remus CATHULU 95
3) Simba ROMBSIX 250
4) Peter Pan XIRDNEH_IMIJ 253
5) Baloo the Bear HENRYM3483 102
6) Cheshire Cat MATIC 229
7) Pinocchio GABRIEL 186
8) Captain Hook MAISSAM 208
9) Mickey Mouse DENIZ 192
10) Aladdin MRMAGENTA 175
11) Stitch GUIRO 146
12) Pluto FARTEINDJ 153

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 14:43:41

Florian

HEY CONGRATULATIONS !!

well done to all of you

1st and scond place will be contacted soon re prizes..(xirdneH_imiJ pick the cejila you like)

take a lap of honour all of you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 14:49:54

Arash

Congratulations to all of you and specially to the winners.
Everyone did a great a job and showed us that they all have big cojones.
Also the judges were all fair and did a very good work.
And also a big thank you to gj and Florian for all the time and work and Jason and the anonymous person for the prizes.
This foro and their members rule!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 15:56:43

cathulu

Hey, now listen up. It is a lot of work to be the Lanterne Rouge, it is not something that just falls in your lap. So there needs to be a prize for that, no???

Also, I want to thank the judges for listening and giving your honest opinion. You guys are fantastic. In particular, I want to thank Jason McGuire - so I am going to sign-up for three months of your course. Jason your comments nailed it on the head for me and were very perceptive. That alone I shall consider my prize. I pushed my speed limit by 5% and the error count went up and it went all to hell, I knew I was in trouble with the counting and dividing. Believe it or not I sit in bed and just work my fingers while my foot is tapping to improve, so I plan to upload exactly 1 year from now with my new version plus more Moraito falsetas! If I still suck then I will throw my guitar away - darn I better not suck as I am getting a luthier one built as we speak.

HenryM, you got a good sound there buddy, your quality of rasgueo is really good and I am envious of it. I think you killed quite a few of the guys with your sound at the end, you would be well up there if that was only it. The rest is going to follow for you quickly I know. So I am still chasing you!

Congrats to the winners and runners-up. You guys really deserved it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 16:12:23

Arash

Oh, and to those who got less score, i want to tell you something honestly and without wanting to encourage you with some lies or something:

it requires a lot of courage and is really admirable that you participated in a challenge which is maybe beyond your current skills, rather than participating in a challenge which you could do easily or with less practice.

I think many of us (me included) would not have the cojones to do that, knowing in advance that maybe we would be the ones who will be at the bottom of the list..... so for me you are on the top of another list!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 16:23:18

cathulu

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Arash

Cause I'm LOCO!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 16:26:36

gj Michelob

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Arash

quote:

without wanting to encourage you with some lies or something:

it requires a lot of courage and is really admirable that you participated in a challenge which is maybe beyond your current skills, rather than participating in a challenge which you could do easily or with less practice.

Once again, very wisely put, Arash. I also agree this Forum rocks and so does the incredible Camaraderie of the members. It was a pleasure and an honor to help. All have contributed generously, really.

Cathulu, my assistant Irene disagreed with the judges’ decision. Although not a Flamenco Guitar player, dancer or singer, trust me you’d prefer her to say Florian or Ricardo. Regardless, you topped me and many other who did not pick up the challenge. That list of 12 is the top of all those who did not participate or would have been 13th and under, below you. And, for the little it may count… I really think you are one cool dude, as a member of this forum and as a musician!

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 16:41:57

Florian

i am just so impresed, inspired and proud of your guys courage..

that intro is GOLD...i wanna learn it for myself also..i wanna play it at gigs

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 17:05:31

Maissam

yes...thank you everyone! Thank you judges, thank you Florian for coming up with this and getting everyone behind it, thank you to those who awarded the prizes, and thanks gj_Michelob for dealing with all the files and uploading them.

This was really amazing. I hope we do this kind of thing more often. Aiming to perfect one falseta is a very good goal. If it were an entire piece, I would never have attempted it because it would just take too long to learn and even attempt to put in compas. It is very helpful knowing that there is a particular reachable goal we are shooting for and knowing that there are critical ears listening and willing to give helpful feedback. I will definitely put up more uploads in the future in order to get more feedback. And I have to say I'm not done with this falseta either. I've probably been practicing it even more since the judges' comments!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 17:22:23

JasonMcGuire

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Maissam

Congrats to all who participated. I am sure that all of you learned something and that it will have a lasting influence on your playing.

xirdneH_imiJ and Rombsix, I will get you setup very soon at Flamenco-Lessons.com

Cheers to Flo and GJ for being great hosts and also to the mystery Cejia benefactor for the generosity.

http://www.Flamenco-Lessons.com/
http://www.CaminosFlamencos.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bikhiyal
http://flamenco-lessons.blogspot.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 27 2009 23:32:22

rombsix

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to JasonMcGuire

HEY Y'ALL!

I really enjoyed this flamenco challenge, and I think we should definitely have a monthly (and if that's too much - at least a bimonthly or trimonthly) INTERMEDIATE challenge. I guess that is what I would be most comfortable with considering the fact that I might NOT have enough time / energy to work on ADVANCED challenges with pretty-tough, complete pieces to prepare (ESPECIALLY that I am only 12 weeks away from a set of 6 HUGE final exams covering a whole year's worth of medical material).

Thank you to all the judges for taking time out to listen to the contestants' submissions and scoring them. Thank you to Florian and gj Michelob for organizing the whole event. Thank you to Jason McGuire for his generosity in offering the free lessons. Thank you to our anonymous, yet most generous, capo-offering friend. And thank you to all the contestants for making this challenge worth-while.

The fact that I was only 3 points away from coming in first place will only make me work doubly as hard next time. I did realize that my entry had all the flaws the judges pointed out in it. However, I just had to submit it considering that I had a bulky exam to sit for yesterday, which did not allow me to record any further takes of my submission. I guess I'll have even LESS time to prepare for the upcoming INTERMEDIATE challenge, but I guess that will only make it MORE of a challenge!

Congratulations to xirdneH_imiJ for coming in first place. I hope we'll hear MORE of your audio/video uploads in the future. I guess y'all cannot complain about my lack of uploads considering that I am managing to come up with a weekly video ever since I got some acceptable audio/video recording equipment to work with. I hope more of that will keep coming well into the future.

And as a closing note: I really have to thank the creators and moderators of this magnificent forum, without which none of this would have happened. I have been playing for about 8 years now, but my playing has been remodeled and well-directed massively by the fact that I read material posted on this forum, and get a chance to interact with great people like all of you here. I hope this only marks the beginning of Foro Flamenco becoming an even better-organized, well-run location where all flamenco enthusiasts, aficionados, and even pros can meet and interact to create an ambiance of musicality, education, and duende!

Gracias!

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 0:21:20

mrMagenta

Congratulations Jimi! And Ramzi! And Flo!

I'm glad I decided to participate. My recording was riddled with obvious flaws, but I sensed this would be a very valuable experience none the less. This falseta will stay at the top of my practice routine until I can do it some justice.

I'm already looking forward to the next challenge.

Thanks you Jason for the midis and feedback. Thank you all judges and fellow participants.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 0:58:27

xirdneH_imiJ

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to rombsix

thank you guys, judges, contestants!
it's been a great experience, and now i'm really motivated to improve further for the advanced challenge, in which i'll be expected to participate in :)
i think all of us who tried this have improved a lot in just weeks, as we've learned that we really have to record stuff to judge ourselves objectively...i was very dissatisfied with my recording for several reasons but i can now see that i'm not alone with the problem, we all trust our ears too much...and none of us is perfect with the compás...even if we understand it well, the fingers require more training to execute things the way we want...i really tried to aim for a good tone when playing the falseta, but it didn't come through...i found out a day after the deadline on the foro about my mic settings that they were the opposite that's recommended...i learned a lot...i've tried to play flamenco for about 3,5 years now and being recognized on this foro is really an honour and i thank all of you who listened to us and judged us...
thank you for your constructive criticism, you've really helped me and will be working on sorting out the issues in my playing...

a big Olé! to all of you!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 0:59:26

Doitsujin

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Guest)1 votes

Indeed a great challenge! Oley guys and gals!

Did I mention that I love stats?? Here we go! ;.)

Now the missing point of the i of the challenge! ;.) Because I have not much time.. I´ll describe all very shortly and sloppy with many writing mistakes.. Sorry. I´ll correct them later.
Here are some statistics which are maybe interesting! As we already know, Peter Pan is (Jimi Hen..xyz) is the winner, followed by Simba and Cheshire cat (A).

But when going a bit further into detail, the total points which were given by all judges were sometimes higher and sometimes a bit lower. So I calculated the median and the standard error of the difference of the given points. And we can clearly see, that Peter Pan, Simba and Cheshire cat are not judged significantly different (B). So, they share the first place in the perception of “nerds” haha… The numbers indicate the “real” placement of the challengers. I drew a red line to visualize who is significantly different (B).

Than I threw an eyeball on the judges. I changed their given points in the % of given points. I set 100% for the the highest given points for each judge individually to eliminate the fact, that some judges rated overall with higher points and others at a lower level. In other words, I normalized all judges to be able to compare the challengers more objectively. (By the way, I also did that for (B) and it of course doesn’t change anything, just the measuring unit from points to percentage.) And we can see clearly that the judges had more or less the same opinion about the challengers (E left side). Well.. the most disagreement occurred about Cheshire cat (E left side). I think there might be potential.. haha..The judges were all more or less in common about the 2 best challengers, Peter Pan and Simba. Also about Uncle Sam and Baloo… (sorry for that.. ;.))

Well.. so far. I wanted to know which judge thinks most often completely different than the other judges. So, I calculated the “level of agreement” between the judges (E right side) on the basis of the median of given points of all judges and sub ducted the particular points from each individual judge. The numerical value in the right sheet is 0 when a judge hite exactly the average opinion of all judges for each challenger and each category. Negative numbers show that a judge voted something worser than the average of all judges. And if somebody voted more positively, you see a positive number.
To have a better overview, I stained numbers which are 15% over or under the average green and red. That shows, which judge thought very different than the other judges… (You see the summary in D) (EDIT: SORRY THE HEADLINE OF D IS FALSE. IT SHOWS HOW OFTEN A UDGE VOTED OVER OR UNDER THE MEDIAN IN TOTAL. SO 0,0001% BETTER OR WORSER THAN THE AVERAGE ALREADY COUNTS.

What do we see:
Florian and Sean are nice people… they vote most often much much better than the other judges.. They are “pussy footing” good judges.. hehe ;.) ToddK, Norman and me are evil judges (or very critic and clear judges) ;.) We rate much lower than the average. Ron and Jason are maybe the best judges… they are completely tared. Seeing the things clear but aren’t too pedantic. The rest is also fine (D). (E right side only shows the details on which the diagram in D is based)

And the last diagram which I want to show is the overall generosity of each judge. In other words, how often they used the 10 points or always showing 5 or 6 as maximum. We can see,.. the judges used all more or less the same amount of points! They are not significantly different. BUT! But we see again… Florian and Sean are the significantly most generous judges (C indicated with an asterisk) They used most often high scores! (You pussys… hehehe)
Well.. I did a lot more detailed statistics on other things and on the 3 categories but that would be too much to show here. The most striking thing would be, that the judges disagreed most in the category AIRE. And.. Florian has problems with seeing when something isn’t played in compass.. (Sorry Florian.. that’s what the statistics say.. See it funny.. my post is just for amusement) (^____^) Hahaha...

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 7:12:30

rombsix

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Doitsujin

According to Doit, Matic and I should get capos too!

Jejejeje!

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 7:25:33

Ron.M

RE: INTERMEDIATE CHALLENGE ENTRIES Mp3 (in reply to Doitsujin

Excellent work amigo!

Do we call you Prof. Doit from now on?

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 8:10:10

Matic

Hehe Doit!

Well, thank you all also from me!
Judges- just read what other contestants already said, I'm at least as grateful as they are. A great feeling knowing you've been listening to my playing and taking your time to comment.

It's been a nice experience indeed . Interesting how different judges heard my try differently. And guess what! When I was recording the thing I thought about Todd and Ricardo all the time. Mostly Todd and his careful evil eyes on my hands I had the metronome running on my headphones since my first aim was to be in time - that's why a slower attempt. And sadly, I wasn't able to record it with better equipment since all I had was a laptop mic.

Yeah, I admit it's a little sourish feeling to end on 3rd place but both Jimi and Ramzi more than deserve to be the first two! Congrats, guys!
It's nice to be in a group with 11 coolest guys. We all won-as they say!

Ole to the foro and organizers... and me for suggesting that we should make such a challenge here! joke.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

vengo de los san migueles
si no me caso este año que yo
me caso el año que viene
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 28 2009 9:02:03
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Challenges >>Previous Challenges >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software powered by ASP Playground Advanced Edition 2.0.5