Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Paco teatro real footage?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

tsoum

Paco teatro real footage? 

Anyone knows where we could find video footage of the Paco de Lucia historical Teatro Real concert? Pieces of it are contained in the Franscisco Sanchez dvd and (I think) in the Panaderos Flamencos video Ricardo has posted in YouTube. How do we get the whole gig?
Kostas

http://www.myspace.com/kostasflamenco
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2008 7:15:05

Ricardo

RE: Paco teatro real footage? (in reply to tsoum

Not sure that was the actual Teatro gig. He did lots of concerts back then, I felt they were using appropriate period footage to represent the famous concert. But anyway, I like any video of Paco, and I have not come across any more of that represented in Francisco Sanchez.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2008 2:11:08

Conrad

RE: Paco teatro real footage? (in reply to tsoum

I read somewhere that there was a bulerias cut from that album due to bad recording or something of the sort, but I don't know if that's the same bulerias in that video as Ricardo alluded. But I thought I read that there was footage of that very concert, only that it was so degraded that it was never released. I could be remembering incorrectly. In any case, it would have turned up by now, don't you think?

I have some decent solo footage of Paco before Solo Quiero Caminar. Probably from mid to late 70's. Anyway, it's on VHS. I don't have the means to convert/preserve it and I haven't looked in to the cost of doing that delicately, nor do I know who might be able to do it. If anybody has any ideas, please lemme know. I'm actually surprised this footage I have hasn't turned up on youtube. There are similar things on youtube however... in the era of playing with his brother Ramon still, playing Cuevo del Gato, but there's also Falla stuff in the footage I have!!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2008 4:30:45

Pgh_flamenco

RE: Paco teatro real footage? (in reply to Conrad

quote:

I have some decent solo footage of Paco before Solo Quiero Caminar. Probably from mid to late 70's. Anyway, it's on VHS. I don't have the means to convert/preserve it and I haven't looked in to the cost of doing that delicately, nor do I know who might be able to do it.

This isn't a difficult dilemma to resolve--try a DVD/VHS Combination recorder like the one described in the link below. The particular model I've linked to is an example--I know it's refurbished, but Lite-On is a great manufacturer and the unit is only $79 USD plus shipping.

Lite-On LVC-9016G DVD + VHS Combo Recorder

These recorders are all the rage now and will be until there are too few VHS tapes left to justify selling a device like this. You might even know someone who has one of these recorders.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2008 4:47:55

Conrad

RE: Paco teatro real footage? (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

Thanks, John! Well, I guess I've heard of these things. It is too expensive at the moment for me, but I will ask my friends about it... Thanks!

Then of course, DVD to computer I have done, but I wonder if there are ways to reduce distortion/noise of older tapes? Anyway, I'm on the trail... standby...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2008 5:30:04
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post