Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: REAL BOOK Colombianas y Fandangos   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

HemeolaMan

RE: REAL BOOK Colombianas y Fandangos (in reply to John O.

john, if you would be so kind as to maybe tab them out real fast or scrawl them on a scrap of paper and scan it i would be eternally grateful!!!

you guys, i'm not sure why this is such a big deal. upload a simple piece. done. i modify it reupload it you say "this needs changing" or "yeah thats legit" im not writing a dissertation to corrupt and polute the young minds of the world.

think of this as flamenco 101. it certainly not the most in depth, but it sure gives you a good grounding in how to play these pieces in compas without being boring.

don't get me wrong ricardo, i respect you. but sometimes i wish you could just accept something i say, as i accept what you say. i hear your voice, and your opinions are duly noted.

my only qualifications: i have been playing guitar for 11 years, i am a university student, and when the need arises i can write so well it will make you wish had me write your essays for you. in addition, i have the balls to stick my neck out here in front of all of you and get crapped on even though i want to do something for you. FOR FREE.

you don't want it, fine. then stop jerkin off on my face, and give me a towel so i can at least keep some dignity.

i'm not going to teach the world flamenco all in one book. it will have a good deal of information and alot of real good stuff to take away. however it is up to the player to pursue the really arcane and esoteric aspects.

this is what i'd call "the gateway drug" of flamenco books. enoguh to ge peoples interest and be useful, but not f*cking pdl.

so in all the time it took you to write a post about my questionable qualifications, you could have scribbled a few compases on some paper, scanned it, and emailed it to me.

then i would've been grateful, thanked you profusely, maybe even made you feel good about doing something nice, and we all would've had smiles

except now, i'm a little unsure i can even ask a question without someone saying "you know you should just look for it". AS IF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE GOOGLE lol.

its a small thing im asking for. you get alot in return. if this were investing, you would all be broke and your stocks would suck. the return on investment here is astronomical, lets check out the math:

- (a few messy scribbles that took you 5 minutes)/ (me doing all the work)= (you getting free **** and a book to give to your students, plus free publicity) or in other words a %1000 return on investment.

take a business class.

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 8:31:47

Florian

quote:

Flo.....

F@CK YOU WITH YOUR FREE SH@T!!!

quote:

I'm not big on the columbianas, I could get a couple fandangos falsetas on here though. I'll videotape and upload them - weekend's here, shouldn't be a problem!

OLEEEEE !!! thats what i am talking about

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 13:59:21

wiglebot

RE: REAL BOOK Colombianas y Fandangos (in reply to HemeolaMan

quote:

this is what i'd call "the gateway drug" of flamenco books. enoguh to ge peoples interest and be useful, but not f*cking pdl.

OK, I am in, I see your point.
I need a better Flamenco gateway drug. Right now I am on and off the stuff and want the heavier addiction -- the type of addiction where I quit work, my wife yells at me, I am greasy and pale but play flamenco, just play.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 14:33:59

Florian

quote:

i am a university student, and when the need arises i can write so well it will make you wish had me write your essays for you.

that's telling him should have used exclamation points, would have been even scarier..

this reminds me of when i was learning to drive, with my girlfriend at the time in the car, some guy was inpatient and got sick of beeing behind me so made a point to overtake me and give me the fingher, my girlfriend who was in such a hurry to defend me , winded the window down without thinking about what she was gonna say i guess cause he was driving past fast so she screamed out.

" Oh Yeah ? !!....well ....s s.SHUT UP !"

I just looked at her she was like " - Well he was moving fast, i didnt have time" hehe

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 14:39:35

Ailsa

quote:

you don't want it, fine. then stop jerkin off on my face, and give me a towel so i can at least keep some dignity.

Kev I don't know whether to laugh or cry! That's sort of a disgusting analogy and sort of hysterically funny at the same time.

Well you can't please everyone, so those of us who wanna help let's just get on with it. Ricardo's said his piece now, and you've acknowledged his concerns, so that's sorted.

If it's any consolation, I'm always impressed by what a smart cookie you are - at 19 I was still so unsure of myself and what I wanted. You are well ahead.

It's on my to-do list to give you some basic strumming patterns this weekend!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 21:06:02

John O.

quote:

I gotta remember that one

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 26 2008 21:46:10

HemeolaMan

i was hoping it would lighten the mood lol

more contributors!!!

YAY!

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 27 2008 10:33:04

John O.

Here's the first:

http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=84976&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 28 2008 4:32:07

HemeolaMan

AILSA

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 3 2008 13:27:57

Tomrocker

Who said "stop feeding this thread"?!

This is hard stuff!
Don't give up...
And don't make it a race.
Enjoy the ray of sunshine that comes with every new step in knowledge.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 30 2012 22:39:03
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post