Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Taranto

el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas 

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2007 21:21:15

TANúñez

RE: el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas (in reply to Taranto

Damn....I wish I could play like that with 6 cuerdas!

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2007 21:38:47

Arash

Man, the one who made the video should have bought him a new set of cuerdas instead of filming him.

Every time i see him, i have the feeling that his situation is getting more and more worse

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 21 2007 22:06:45

HemeolaMan

i like this guy, he looks a little worse for the wear and probably doesn't eat.... food... regularly but i have to wonder, in a country full of guitars......is it really that hard to get strings?

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2007 5:16:16

Pimientito

RE: el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas (in reply to TANúñez

quote:

ORIGINAL: TANúñez

Damn....I wish I could play like that with 6 cuerdas!

I know... its so annoying. I have seen players pick up broken guitars with 5 strings (and 2 G strings) and still make them sound good.

Hemeola - LOL. I couldnt believe how hard it was to get strings here either. Ironically I found it much harder to get good strings here than when I lived in the UK. Things are much better now. I can get the American brands and all the shops carry selections. When I first got to spain i had to buy Savarez cos nothing else was available .They were sold seperately from the behind the counter of a local hunting shop.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2007 10:48:56

Anders Eliasson

To many strings just confuse you . Here in Huelva we always play with 2 or 3 strings.
BTW, Miguel looks a lot better than some month ago

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2007 17:29:53

Ron.M

RE: el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas (in reply to Anders Eliasson

Phew!...that's pretty distressing to watch.
You kinda think that there has got to be something else going on there other than just alcoholism, like some kind of degenerative mental disease perhaps exacerbated by drink.
Quite incredible to see that he still has that "touch".
That elusive Flamenco "touch" that still eludes a lot of extremely good players.

Extraordinary and very sad.

cheers,

Ron

A good guitar might be a good guitar
But it takes a woman to break your heart
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2007 21:44:02

koella

I think it's unbelievable that with only two strings and too much alcohol and drugs the core is still present.

socrates: to be is to do
sartre: to do is to be
sinatra: do-be-do-be-do
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2007 22:10:57

Anders Eliasson

Ron. Of course its sad, BUT.... Its something that happens everywhere all the time and no system can cope with people dropping out. We always focus on "outside" reasons like drugs, alcohol, unemployment etc. but very often the reason comes from the inside. I´ve known many dropouts in my life and the problem is that they just cant fit in. It doesnt help them being clean.
I´ve seen Niño Miguel play life at a peña and I´ve seen him with a couple of strings playing/begging in the streets. I always give him some coins and I always tell him he plays like a maestro. Maybe I should bring some strings next time.
I would so much like to live in a society without dropouts and I would like to create a system that was capable of helping, but many arent interested. They are out because they dont want to be in.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2007 10:01:21

Pimientito

RE: el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M
degenerative mental disease

I think you mean Neurological disease Ron. He has definately deteriorated physically since the footage of last year yet is coordination to play guitar is intact. You notice he has involuntary limb movements and head rolling. It is impossible to diagnose someone over the internet but he may well have (for example)a form of "huntingdons chorea" which is a progresive neurological disorder that affects movement and coordination but can be "overridden" to do concentrated tasks like dance or play an instrument. Unfortunately these conditions eventually affect all coordination and muscle movements and edventually affect the heart.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2007 11:28:17

Doitsujin

What was the reason he got crazy? Its soo sad looking at him.. And noone cares.. If there would be a good manager.. He could get him back in life easyly and earn a lot of money... I dont understand why there is nobody who trys that... so sad..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2007 19:15:07

nhills

RE: el niño miguel con 3 cuerdas (in reply to Doitsujin

He spent a number of years in a mental hospital for schizophrenia. If there was a drug or alcohol problem, it would have been hard to feed it in the hospital.

He must want things to be as they are (or at least does not want help) - it isn't a matter of money because he's Tomatito's uncle.

Norman

"The duende is God's orgasm." - Antonio Canales

"I'm just a poor crazy man in love with his art." - Santos Hernandez (as translated by R. Brune)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2007 21:48:28

ecgfc

Watched this heartbreaking video...a far cry form Niño Miguel in the 70's. At any rate it appears he's under the influence of meth (facial & dental decay,sores etc) maybe mixed with alcohol. Hard to overcome once those 2 get a hold of you without treatment. Sad to watch this...even sadder to see that no one cares.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 24 2007 15:43:35
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post