Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Synth/keyboard for flamenco   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

flyeogh

Synth/keyboard for flamenco 

After the thread on pain and my tennis elbow, despite what I bravely said , I’ve stopped playing for now 36 hours – and it is obvious it will take more time. During the boredom I remembered seeing Bob Dylan in Madrid a few years back. He played keyboard as I assume the guitar at his age was creating issues.

So, I thought I could buy a synth or some kind of electronic keyboard. It would need to be small. I’d need speakers, earphones and microphone (as at the moment I rely on a laptop to play/record and the quality is poor). And I’d need to stay below $1000 (considerably if the wife might see the price ).

I’d just want to create compas backing tracks and maybe a few falsetas/melodies when I was resting the arm.

Has anyone done this? Do they lend themselves to flamenco? Is it worthwhile or does it just chew up guitar time? Can anyone suggest something suitable?

Thanks for any thoughts.

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 10 2019 8:12:56

szvarga

RE: Synth/keyboard for flamenco (in reply to flyeogh

I think, it's rewarding to look at the music you create by your guitar, from a different view of a different instrument. So easy to lock ourselves to the patterns and finger moves on the fretboard, and lost the energy of inspiration. A different instrument can be refreshing:)
I would choose some simple keyboard only, which can be attaching to a computer, and use some software to make music, instead of a standalone electric piano or something.

Sz
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 10 2019 10:56:01

c

Careful, too much keyboard playing can worsen your problem...same tendons in use.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 10 2019 14:26:09

flyeogh

RE: Synth/keyboard for flamenco (in reply to c

Tx guys.

szvarga I've found a software Synthesizer from Bandlab.com that so far it is great fun. Seems to be totally free.

And taken on your warning c and so far it doesn't have a keyboard. But I'm being very careful. I'm not treating the symptoms and it has been more painful today. But only 48 hours of rest.

Back now to creating my Fandango de Huelva backing compas track

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 10 2019 19:32:15

flyeogh

OK found the keyboards but the're mouse click so not a problem with my arm for what I want to do.

Solea on harpsichord sounds great. Maybe as you said szvarga a break from the guitar may not be such a bad thing

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 11 2019 7:41:10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post