Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

professional guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

henrym3483

professional guitar 

if people were to recommend a top "flamenco negra" guitar within the $1000-$4000 range, what make would you advise to go for?

just for curiosity's sake.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 9 2005 14:35:42

frhout

RE: professional guitar (in reply to henrym3483

Why not Eliasson or Rafael Romero.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 9 2005 15:54:28

henrym3483

RE: professional guitar (in reply to frhout

my teacher in france had a conde, he's said they're proably the best, but i said id ask other peoples opinions about it as well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 11:47:51

Cepa Andaluza

Hello

How are you Friends

Olso There some Guitars have the same sound as Conde Hermanos Called Ricardo Sanchis Carpio ( 1f Extra ) it has the same sound as ( Media Luna ) Guitar

you can find it here www.ole-flamenco.com

Thanx

;)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 12:13:28

flyeogh

quote:

"flamenco negra" guitar within the $1000-$4000 range

Henry that seems a broad range of price?

I wonder to make this a bit more interesting and easier to relate to if you could give us some thoughts on:

When you say professional are you thinking of performer or teacher or combination?
Are you already a professional or could this be a stepping stone?
Is its origin important: US, Spanish, Any?
Would you prefer tailor made or is a known name more important?

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 13:58:51

henrym3483

RE: professional guitar (in reply to flyeogh

flyeogh,

origin aint really important for me quality is.
no im not a professional, its only for my favorite pastime

ive been deliberating as to whether i should get a professional guitar, even though im still a beginner at flamenco, as i'll be coming into a bit of money soon aprox 3000euro.
maybe it would be a waste, and i should wait until im capable to play such and instrument, but alot of my friends harp on that a players "sound" is only as good as his guitar and if you can afford the best, get it if your're serious about your playing which i am.

At the moment i still have a fender classical guitar CG21S model ,rosewood back and sides, spruce top and i love its rich mellow sound, but it lacks that type of gritty crunchy sound a flamenco guitar has.

i would'nt know much about the guitar making process nor custom made stuff.
ive been playing guitar over a year and a half now. but my progress has been pretty good for a beginner because i was playing for over 5hrs a night for a period of the last 8 months, alot of perspiration and chapped fingers.

problem is living in ireland and not knowing many flamencos' dont help either.jejeje
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 14:39:59

flyeogh

quote:

problem is living in ireland and not knowing many flamencos' dont help either.jejeje

Its not much better here in Hampshire . I'm not two years in yet but unfortunately finding 5 or even 2 hours for sweating is not too easy.

I thought about this "does my playing justify a good expensive guitar??" and I would conclude yes. I bought an expensive second hand Bernal at the end of my first year and immediately found it easier to play and much easier to get good sound (even at my beginners level). Before I had an Alhambra 10fc and a student Burguet but the difference between these and class was immediately obvious. I then bought an Anders. Another step up. Again it inspired me and I'm making faster progress than ever before . So if you've got the dough then IMHO go for it.

Personally I enjoyed the six month process of being involved in the decisions as my Anders was created (although to be fair I had my Bernal in the meantime ). And curtesy of ryanair I could go and get it from the Luthiers very hands for next to nothing. I don't think I would buy a brandname now, especially as in my case the handmade was cheaper than a Conde and of course personal and unique .

So my choice would be: 1) Anders (*) handmade, 2) High quality Burguet, 3) Bernal, .... and never an Alhambra (except as a dinger as it is truely indestructable)

[* to be fair I wouldn't have risked buying the Anders without the recommendations of the good guys here Ta one and all ]

nigel (el raton de Watford - now Puerto de Santa Maria, Cadiz)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 16:40:21

Francisco

quote:

henry
maybe it would be a waste, and i should wait until im capable to play such and instrument, but alot of my friends harp on that a players "sound" is only as good as his guitar and if you can afford the best, get it if your're serious about your playing which i am

I heard somwhere, that life was too short to play a mediocre guitar. I'll be ordering my 'handmade' soon, even though my playing may have to catch up with the quality of guitar I thnk it will be well worth the investment.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 10 2005 19:19:07

pablus

Go for an Eliasson.
My first-hand experience is that these
guitars will make all of your colleagues guitarrists
jealous and weep. The only problem is that you
will have to say very often 'Bugger off!! I won't lend my Eliasson to you !'

Regards
Pawel
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 11 2005 19:40:47

Ron.M

RE: professional guitar (in reply to pablus

quote:

Go for an Eliasson.

I'm still coming to terms with the guitar...
It doesn't make you play any better, but it seems really "elastic", in that when you are playing really well, the guitar meets it but still has plenty of headroom to cope, above and beyond that.
It seems to expand with your playing, if you know what I mean?
It's a complicated guitar...many voices..

I'm very happy with mine!

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 11 2005 20:03:28
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message