Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Was I too harsh?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Anders Eliasson

RE: Was I too harsh? (in reply to constructordeguitarras

Ethan
I already have extractors on my machines. I have an air filter running, BUT I didnt think about the fan blowing particles away. I will do something about that.
I would like to have my workshop devided into 2. A clean room and a dirty one. But since I´m going to sell the house in a not so far future, I dont want to invest to much.

French polishing doesnt make me react. I´m pretty sure that the cedar for neck is really bad for many lungs.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 8:09:14

Ruphus

RE: Was I too harsh? (in reply to Anders Eliasson

Sorry to hear about these health problems, amigos. :O[

Two things possibly worth to consider in general about allergies:
The food item most notorious for triggering allergic reactions of all kinds is peanuts. ( As the cheapest of all nuts it is found in many kind of sweets.)
Second in line comes cow milk.

Another point is to not unemploy the immune system with too sterile environment.
Microbes are good for you, - and 70% or so of your bodys cells are not your own anyway.

I am certain you guys know that anyway, but thought a bit of smart assing couldn´t hurt.

Ruphus

PS:
Since some years now, I find myself extremely sensible against flimsy particles like animal hair or coffee grain getting into the back of my throat. Feels like suffocating then. Sometimes so sudden that I could imagine desaster if there was no gulp of water around. ( Only good that the stuck in throat occures less than once a year.)

Suspect it to be some minor kind of bronchial / lung issue as well, but don´t want to think about it / hoping it to disappear by itself.

Probably not bad to have stopped smoking over a year ago.
( And still miss it. Good that I get to smell only poor quality cigarettes here and no decent tobacco.)

PS2:
Anders, you plan to leave Spain?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 9:54:10

Anders Eliasson

RE: Was I too harsh? (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

PS2:
Anders, you plan to leave Spain?

This is going totally off topic now:
The way the world looks and works, i dont find it to be a good time to make plans.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 15:51:55

Ruphus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

The way the world looks and works, i dont find it to be a good time to make plans.

I am stuck in the same frame.
(* Started an excursion here and wiped it again, for not to stray too far.)

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2013 20:12:57

Anders Eliasson

quote:

quote:

I am stuck in the same frame.
(* Started an excursion here and wiped it again, for not to stray too far.)

Ruphus

Life plans are often based on fear. Fear of the unknown. Nowadays we are forced to make lifeplans because if not, the bank wont give us a 30 year mortgage. So we caught in our own plans and try to convince ourselfs that we a are happy living that way.
In my experience, life plans never work. Reality always ends up being someting else. All the important things that has happened in my life have not been planned. They just happened. I created the ground by being creative, honest and hardworking. The rest was out of my control.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 11 2013 8:36:47

Ruphus

It is a weird mixture of obligations and rationals.

Traditionally your were supposed to make plans. And I would feel guilty for having none. ( Standard question to little kids: "So, what do you want to become when grown up?" My reply: "Don´t know". Mother then with a side prod: "You like to become a doctor, isn´t it.")

Fact:
# It would indeed be nice if pedagogics helped children with discovering one or several individual passions from early on and pursue them.

# In the prospering post WWII times it appeared ridiculous when youngsters were railing their future path.

Now, after having made no societal use of the decades of ecological chance to the benefit of the people, but instead looting pedestrians through radical rapture capitalism, Joe Average has been left with no reserves and no outlook.
( The current generation can´t even count with parental heir anymore.)

So, now the missing perspective and chance for plans leave the people insecure.

... Funnily expressed in paradox ways, with folks in Germany for instance reducing their little of savings even more by shopping around as if it were the eighties still.
Media told them not to worry and instead spend some more to keep the market twisting, and they follow like ususally.

That´s how guys like me were joined by large company with our lack of plan.

One´s got to make up his mind:
# Like avantgarde? Maybe go to hip Skandinavian places like Stockholm.

# Fed up by the downhill of ethical standards and cultural desaster? Seeking for ambience of down to earth and sincere being? Maybe settle in Skandinavia as well, like in Norway ( before it be messed up by strange customs too. - Syrians now offered German stay will reject and insist to be let through to further north towards Sweden or Norway where there is preserved more still of the traditional trust, support and sincerity that can easily be misused) or make the jump to NZ maybe.

# Like it progressive and socially advancing? Check out Latin America.

# Aiming just for most lasting of ecological refuges for a getaway? That could be in Latin America as well, like in Peru or in Central America, if you don´t mind a potential of earthquakes.
-

Personally I am not certain if I would like to return to Germany or not. My current favorite looks like a settle in Granada, gladly in or near a British colony. With Germany and Costa Rica coming in second. ( Actually CR should be ideal for decoupling oneself from the global crap and enjoy nature as long as possible. Only that it is geographically so far from Europe.)

... All much too vague to call it a plan.
And what could a plan be worth anyway, when your environment deserts away?
Amassing natural catastrophies and mass extinction are not exactly what one builds future houses on, indeed.

Catastrophies like now on the Philippines are the upbeat still of a global destruction that was predicted decades ago and could had been prevented, if anyone had listened.
But 7 billion heads are actually still up in rears, extracting their reality from unworldly media. Completely deadened about the ground beneath their feet.
Planning for iPod 8 and pairs of latest boutique sneakers.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 11 2013 11:09:21

Anders Eliasson

Ruphus, its always good to go off topic with you.

You forgot one:
*Accept the chaos of post modern society (read Auster) and stop worrying to much. There´s always a new way to go. (Easy to say, difficult to do)

Finally, and with respect of Costa Rica: Isnt it so that it full of run down hippies with all the "correct" ideals? If I´m right in saying so, could you live in a place like that?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 11 2013 12:05:44

Ruphus

Thank you, Anders; and same goes for you who raised good points in response.

quote:

You forgot one:
*Accept the chaos of post modern society (read Auster) and stop worrying to much. There´s always a new way to go. (Easy to say, difficult to do)

Actually, that is basically what I seek, only that I can´t overcome myself.
Can´t even separate myself from the bad news. Tried maybe 20 years ago first time to not read the news, and just couldn´t for more than a week or so.

And even CR did appeal in respect of that I thought the Ticos were open and interested in rational explorations. ( While in ethical response their tradition is already a lovely one.)

On first sight my dream however is to tie up some hammock in a green garden with lush green, and birds in the trees, surrounded by either high walls or friendly landscape and with a guitar on the stand at hand.
And every now and then friends coming by to sit at long tables in the open with delicious food & drink. >sigh<

quote:

Finally, and with respect of Costa Rica: Isnt it so that it full of run down hippies with all the "correct" ideals? If I´m right in saying so, could you live in a place like that?

During my research before the trip I read already that German expats aren´t eager to see countrymen in CR.
At my stay, after two months or so I encountered some open air bar owning Germans that seemed quite how you describe, and I fled their company soon.

Think me would rather mingle with Canadians and Americans, meeting only a small number of selected homies. For most however me should be looking for the company of the Ticos. There´s been bad influence on them from Contras, Guatemalians, Columbians etc., but there are unspoiled originals still, presenting such integer and dear mentality. ( I wished someone could greet a cute old lady by the name of Aurelia in San José from me, but we seem to have no CRs on board here.)

Also CR has a great diversity of province with plenty of areas far from eventual German squares.

I have been inspecting lots that were even far from any neighbour at all. Up on hills after long muddy serpentines, with the jungle in your back and around you, and the ocean in your front view.
In mind then already building my place there.

- Just to think of where I am now instead, worlds from all that. Robbed of almost all that was mine, and not even left with what you could call a garden. Topped with real estate prices as if it were about Cannes, for desolate residences in ugly and littered areas.
Life likes to tease me with nasty kinds of irony.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 11 2013 16:55:32
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote