Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Electro classical Golpe problem   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

paco picado

Electro classical Golpe problem 

Hi I bought an salvado Ibenez electro classical for doing flamenco gigs and it sounds amazin, i even practice with it plugged in theres one big problem though, the golpes are not amplified at all and wen playing Buleria this is a problem. Is there any techno wizzes out there that could think of a way to solve this problem and do other flawenco/classical electro accoustic guitars have the same problem
Cheers
Paco
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 15:19:32

Sr. Martins

RE: Electro classical Golpe problem (in reply to paco picado

I dont really like flamenco with piezzos but its strange that it doesnt pick anything of the golpe sound. Is the top too hard? Are you taking out all the bass from the eq?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 15:44:38

Sr. Martins

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jun. 30 2012 17:33:57
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 15:46:09

shaun

I have a Fishman SBT-C that I use when I want to use a pickup. It's a soundboard transducer so it attaches to the top of the guitar. Because it picks up the sound from the soundboard itself, sometimes golpes seem too loud. But that is manageable simply by tapping further away from the pickup or tapping a bit lighter.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 16:51:18

estebanana

I took $2.50 cent piezo transducer from an electronics store and used double sticky foamtape to stick it under the bridge of a cheap flamenco guitar. Soldered the leads to a 1/4" jack and turned it on through an amp. Really not much difference between that and the over $150.00 plus piezo pickups I've installed.

piezo 2.50
jack 10.00

Golpe amplification, priceless.

EQ the2.50 piezo somewhere in your rig and it will sound fine, it's the EQ not the pickup that does the sound.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 30 2012 18:02:54

paco picado

ive got an idea that might work, on my rollond micro cube amp there in an aux input jack socket for attaching other devices like cd players. Im thinking of using a lavellier clip on mic the type that clip your coat lapel, clip it on the sound hole, then into the aux in jack, do you think that would work or should I go for a stick contact mic which I would prefer not to use as they are messy and always dropping off. Im on a tight budget so cant afford any fancy gear, you can pic up a lavelier mic for about a 10 pounds
Cheers
Paco
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 4 2012 11:19:18

paco picado

Just one thing to add I would also be using the built in picups in unison with the external picup and am woundering what the overall sound might be
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 4 2012 11:25:17

Ricardo

I was gonna say just use a normal mic that you would have used to amplify the sound. Of course it won't be as strong and loud as the pick up...but just enough gain to get the golpes to come out will make a huge difference.

Fishman pro blend has been very successful in this regard as you can blend the amount of mic vs pickup onboard. Even just a touch of mic is plenty to get golpes and attack you are looking for.

ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 4 2012 16:41:29

paco picado

I do tend to play with treble up to max and just touch of bass, it seems to make it sound more flamenco, the bass from my guitar doesent seem as difined Its Slavador Ibenez if I turn up the bass will the golpes pic up as well, I wish I could get a sound as good as what it sounds like through my headphones, I would highly recomend the Rolland micro cube, runs off batteries too. I think the touch of a little reverb works wonders as well. The lavellier pic up makes no differance to golpes so Im going to try those contact mic pads and run it through the aux in.
Cheers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 12 2012 15:19:05
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote