Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Philosophy book on flamenco baile jondo   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Richard Jernigan

RE: Philosophy book on flamenco bail... (in reply to Guest

quote:

ORIGINAL: romerito

The difference between my post and yours Sir, is that I never mean to come off like an *** and have nothing but the best intentions.

I did indeed mean to come off like an ***, or at least as a parody of one. I take you at your word about your intentions. May I suggest you look over your writing style to avoid mistaken impressions?

quote:

Being that you are going to be 74 (Happy Birthday), perhaps YOU might enlighten us with some transcriptions or an upload of your incredible flamenco guitar playing.

I am dipping my toe into the water of playing again. I essentially laid off for about three years due to numbness in 3 and 4 of the left hand, caused by a pinched nerve in the neck from an old motorcycle wreck.

Now that I am retired, I have gone back to the lower saddle on my best blanca, and I'm trying a few scales and a little rasgueado work. It remains to be seen whether 4 will have enough sensation to work right, but I'm going ahead as though it will.

Also I just got Jerry Willard's new book of easy Renaissance pieces for classical. Easy but excellent music.

The last transcription I did was of a Niño Ricardo Zambra, I ran across an accurate one of the same piece by Paul Magnussen, nicely done in engraving software. I think you would like it better than my pencilled version.

Thank you for the birthday wish.

All the best,

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2011 8:55:26

Richard Jernigan

RE: Philosophy book on flamenco bail... (in reply to Guest

quote:

ORIGINAL: romerito

Goddamn.

I thought this was a FORUM; a place where discussions can take place and knowledge can be shared.

Now I remember why I only visit occasionally.

Guess I'll try and read that French book...infinitely more productive than being bombarded by...

I meant to be a bit offensive to make my point, but I hope I didn't annoy you enough to leave the forum for any length of time. You have posted some interesting stuff in the past, and I hope you will continue.

You see, we old farts take it pretty ill to be talked down to. We're not used to it. It seemed to me that was happening. You say you didn't mean it, and I take you at your word.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 21 2011 9:03:47
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote