Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET"   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

estebanana

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to Leñador

quote:

Ruphus, you just can not expect everyone to have the same morals and ethics as you. If you go to a part of the world where cannibalism is widely accepted then you shouldn't be surprised when they eat your nephew. I think Maoris are more likely to pass you a doobie then eat your nephew though.....

There was an article in Smithsonian magazine a few months ago that told the tale of David Rockefeller being eaten by cannibals in Asmat territory.

That should cover both your morals and Ruphus' concurrently-
If you go to Asmat territory in 1960 watch out, they club and eat each other to death.
A guy from the wealthiest family in the US got eaten and clubbed to death.

True story.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 7:47:28

Anders Eliasson

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to Ruphus

quote:

And the world shall bow to principles like "Don't do unto others what you would not have done unto you", for below that level of sophistication no men should be living two millenia after Christ, on any spot on earth.

Yes, that would be wonderfull, but.... eh hem... We are very far away from that and there´s nothing showing me that we are going in that direction. On the contrary.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 11:03:59

Ruphus

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to Anders Eliasson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

Yes, that would be wonderfull, but.... eh hem... We are very far away from that and there´s nothing showing me that we are going in that direction. On the contrary.

Unfortunately, and even though diametrally opposed to our intellectual capacity: Your observation is obviously being true.

In fact I would say that in view of social skills and wisdom the animal world is about passing us ( partially surpassed us) while we are becoming ever more trivial and cognitively isolate.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 12:32:03

tele

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson

quote:

And the world shall bow to principles like "Don't do unto others what you would not have done unto you", for below that level of sophistication no men should be living two millenia after Christ, on any spot on earth.

Totally agree, except luckily in some countries there's more respect toward fellow people altough not that much more...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 14:14:46

Ruphus

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to estebanana

Migration and sick culture products ( indifference celebrating movies, lyrics, games etc.) have spread low-brow across the globe where it is increasingly levelling in mentality to standards of clue- and recklessness.

Times of unlocked doors of country homes or groceries ( where you could take goods after close and note it down yourself ), and of firm agreements sealed through shake hands are long over.

Whilst the loss of the long-grown integrity is being substantially under estimated by a current generation who has not seen integer standards to start with.
And for same reason of lacking overview public cannot estimate the desolving trends consequences for the coming years and decades.
A damage that can´t be made good for.

Damage done for money where there had actually been more than enough already.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 14:43:06

Morante

For those good souls who criticize la corrida.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 15:52:34

athrane77

@Sean
Yeah horrible.
I know that.
Did you even read one of our posts?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2014 16:19:51

Ruphus

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to changue

Saw a documentray on Australian cowboys´cow driving competition.

First of all what a harmony between riders and horses, second to none!

Secondly, what a difference to the Iberian celebration of sadism, in view of both performers and audience!
These ambitious and in the same time humble guys in Australia, worlds apart from the vanity and careless harming of Torreros; and then the public.
The people there show up with whole families as well, but for an atmosphere totally different from sick entertaining, and full of decency.

The cows are being stressed somewhat when chased across the place, but then again you can see how the skills shown there after all serve to drive cows as perfectly and circumspect as it gets, and that at speed even. The ratio of action to intact being such an art there.

The Australian example in every aspect appearing quite like the ideal counterpart to elsewhere´s archaic sloughtering.
Thumbs up to that!

Ruphus

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 15:32:16

C. Vega

And this week's "I Have Waaay Too Much Time On My Hands Award" goes to.....

Good grief already.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 15:38:07

Ruphus

And you get the cup for being no.1 in wondering about members´ time since years now.

Your time seems not exactly scarce either, BTW, Mr. Glasshouse.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 15:43:52

C. Vega

Ruphus,
You might want to look at the date I joined this forum and my total number of posts and then take a look at yours.
You joined more than six (close to seven) years after I did but you have over 2000 more posts. And you're implying that I spend a lot of time here?
Duh.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 16:53:15

timoteo

RE: The Bullfight (in reply to Miguel de Maria

The carnage in the bullring is beyond your control.
The carnage in this foro, however, is entirely up to you* ...

(* Standard disclaimer: "You" is used here as a second-person plural pronoun. I'm referring to all the participants in this thread, not a specific person, despite what the automatically-generated "in reply to" caption may say.)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 18:01:57

Escribano

Hi Ruphus,

You consistently appear to think that most of us are either comfortable or apathetic about cruelty in this world. Personally, I find this rather insulting by inference, but I know how much you care about animals, so why not donate to the League Against Cruel Sports anti-bullfighting campaign?

It would a lot more of a difference than preaching to the choir here.

http://www.league.org.uk/our-campaigns/bullfighting

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 18:55:38

Ruphus

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to C. Vega

quote:

ORIGINAL: C. Vega

Ruphus,
You might want to look at the date I joined this forum and my total number of posts and then take a look at yours.
You joined more than six (close to seven) years after I did but you have over 2000 more posts. And you're insinuating that I spend a lot of time here?
Duh.

I did not speculate on who of us was spending more time on the forum ( certainly me), but pointed to your regular grumblings about ´people having too much time at their hands´. Apparently you spend enough time to drop these remarks all the time.

And while I am certain that animal torturing apparently to you not worth focussing on, would mattter enough though if thelike cruel traditions were only effecting yourself ... I am convinced about a same kind of inconsistant background with your constant nigglings on people´s time spend on the forum.

If you are interested in my overall efficiency with time spend you are invited anytime to contact me about subjects and skills. Guitar history or repairing is not the only matter one can educate himself about, you know.

In the current living situation indeed, I am seeking the internet a lot / diverse times per day, without there being a reason to envy me for it and for why I seek focus abroad / try roaming / experiencing the local situation as little as possible.

The occuring crap of the last 5 days alone will hardly happen within a decade in your average situation out there ( most of it might actually never be happening around you). All I am craving for is to leave, and for as long as I think it necessary to physically stay still, I will be finding electronic communication means and the internet to be sort of god sent.

Any questions?

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 19:15:09

Ruphus

RE: The Bullfight Bloody "UPSET... (in reply to Escribano

No reason to find the pointers offending, Simon.

As I clearly remember from several threads, we are having a lot of empathetical members, and I do not understand why they should feel insulted. Really. (?)
[ Just re-read your post and understand it better now. No; I do not think individuals like you* for instance to be apathetic abpout such. This is really not what I am aiming to say. Sorry if I my posts be perceived like that!]

* Your positive take has actually been the reason for why I started and continue the pack diary.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Escribano

http://www.league.org.uk/our-campaigns/bullfighting

I believe to not be lacking on active undertakings against animal mistreatment. And that in a place where there is so much of it, that it kills your soul, and where intervening will not prospecting you official support, but rather the opposite.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Escribano

It would a lot more of a difference than preaching to the choir here.

Maybe you don´t read all of the reactions in the corresponding threads?

The share of indifferent people is still relatively high. Everywhere, even in the most advanced spots on earth.

Ruphus

PS:

Every other time I am fancying to gather some folks and go after some unknown people in my quarter who torture stray animals to death ( usually as evening pastime). But even if I could raise supporters we would certainly all end up in jail. ( Everyone knows me here from sight.)
There would be no mercy for us before a local court.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 17 2014 19:28:29

mark74

Bullfighting is our last tie to the days of the Roman games. Would you really want to lose that?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 18 2014 0:23:05
Page:   <<   <   1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post