Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in Germany - Full Video   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Fabricio_Gomez

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Dec. 30 2010 15:41:49
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 13:24:41

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Fabricio_Gomez

joe pass was such a beautiful musician and person...amazing humility and humor...great story...

i seem to be asking a bit of a nerdy tech type question here but have noticed Paco using the same type of microphone for the last decade.
anyone know what it is?

no delusions here just genuinely interested....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 14:06:04

Arash

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Elie

Ok, took me about 2 hours to upload this huge file

@DarkEli

Here is the link for the 2004 concert

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V411PPQ5

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 15:53:09

jg7238

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Arash

I think Paco's brilliance is being able to transmit his playing directly with every single note he plays to the audience. There is a direct connection between him and the listener despite the mistakes he might make. I think many great players lack this quality. Even though technically he is not in top form, I'll see him anyday. In my opinion, he is still the boss.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 16:08:25

Doitsujin

quote:

I think Paco's brilliance is being able to transmit his playing directly with every single note he plays to the audience. There is a direct connection between him and the listener

? What kind of direct link? Physically or more esoterically?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 16:43:11

Adam

He definitely meant physically - I once went to a Paco concert and he tied a piece of string to me!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 16:50:26

Ron.M

quote:

Thanks Arash...BTW any vids of Manitas de Plata concerts by any chance?

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 17:29:28

henrym3483

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Ron.M

saw a show on tele 2 when living in france called nuit de gitanes manitas played at the end with his beautiful silvery old hair. man his tremolo was kick ass
most of the other lads played django reinhardht style and some flamenco pop rumba a la gypsy kings.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 19:18:56

jg7238

Doit, I may very well be talking nonsense, but I don't mean physically like ramparts said. I'm not sure why he says "definitely". Maybe he feels that way? It's more like the other way you describe as "esoterically". It's a holy experience.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 19:28:17

Adam

jg, until you've experienced a Paco de Lucía concert with a piece of yarn connecting your right ear to his left pinky toe, you have no idea what a holy experience truly is.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 19:31:12

jg7238

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to jg7238

Ok, I got it ramparts. I might just try that when I see him again. Thanks for the great advice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 19:46:46

Elie

quote:

@DarkEli

Thank you brother , I really appreciate it .
and sorry for wasting 2 hours of your time .
cheers

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarristaAD
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 21:38:02

Arash

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Elie

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarkElieDraven

quote:

@DarkEli

Thank you brother , I really appreciate it .
and sorry for wasting 2 hours of your time .
cheers

You are welcome
Actually i was doing other things during these 2 hours, so not waisting time - you are welcome, enjoy the concert at home!

The bad thing is that my download speed is 20.000 , but upload is just 1.500 or max 2.000.
Don't know if its the same in other countries. in Germany its mostly a ratio 1/10

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 22:03:25

Doitsujin

omg.... haha
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 22:09:59

jg7238

In many cases a silencio is better than a super long picado run that seems to never end. So i can forgive Paco if he makes mistakes as long as he plays authentically.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 23 2010 22:37:10

Ron.M

quote:

So i can forgive Paco if he makes mistakes as long as he plays authentically.

Funnily enough, it NEVER bothers me if someone fluffs something in a "live" set.

I think it's really nerdy to watch out for mistakes.

So I don't need to forgive anyone, since I don't even take any particular note of it if I am enjoying the performance.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 24 2010 8:42:21

jg7238

quote:

I think it's really nerdy to watch out for mistakes.

I agree but unfortunately there are many people who have high expectations of him all the time and go see him for the wrong reasons. I'm certainly NOT one of them. As I said previously, as long as he plays genuinely, it's a great performance in my book. His technique is only the tip of the iceberg of what he really has to offer on stage.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 24 2010 14:38:45

Doitsujin

quote:

he plays genuinely, it's a great performance in my book.

jg, you wrote a book about Paco? ... no joking here. Did you? Could be interesting.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 12:23:50

jg7238

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Doitsujin

First of all, Merry Christmas Everyone. Doit, absolutely not. I guess I was just in the mood to write a bit more than what I normally do. Don't take me too seriously. I'll have to upload something again soon.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 14:16:32

Adam

Why would you lie about writing a book??
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 14:24:34

Ricardo

Merry christmas guys. Arash thanks for the video, most of it was very inspiring. Too bad it was not complete, as is often the case with 3sat. We miss the Rondeña, Buleria por solea, and of course Alegrias guitar solos that complete the first half, and the main part of the second half which would be the medley of styles to accomp Farru. And rumba encoure.

About the critic of paco's concerts of late, I mean you guys are crazy. Paco is playing some awesome stuff especially his solos. Same old broken record complaints about hating jazz fusion (as if that is all paco's concert is), failed techniques (yet the same folks say they don't like technic music or modern flash players etc), paco playing the SAME OLD MUSIC for 20x years ( ) etc etc. Jeezus guys really the same old thing? You guys are so SURPRISED by paco's program after all this time? No one could do that concert better then paco did in that video sorry guys.

and doit, shame on you man are you fing serious? After I spent all that time a few months ago proving that that section of Paco's bulerias was not new music but just a new arrangement of some cool older falsetas....now you complain that paco's show is a waste of money and always the same when you dont' even understand or pay attention to his falsetas???????

Anyway thanks again for the link amazing stage shots and sound. I just put on good ol teatro real to compare.... man the sound of that concert was REALLY bad....and he flubs maybe twice as many notes as in the concert loaded here. I really don't get what some of you guys are paying attention to when you see paco play now, or in the old days.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 14:36:57

Doitsujin

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

and doit, shame on you man are you fing serious? After I spent all that time a few months ago proving that that section of Paco's bulerias was not new music but just a new arrangement of some cool older falsetas....now you complain that paco's show is a waste of money and always the same when you dont' even understand or pay attention to his falsetas???????

No drugs Ricardo. Its not good for you.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 19:48:51

Arash

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricardo

Too bad it was not complete, as is often the case with 3sat. We miss the Rondeña, Buleria por solea, and of course Alegrias guitar solos that complete the first half, and the main part of the second half which would be the medley of styles to accomp Farru. And rumba encoure.

Don't know if one could get those parts.
Of course they are all recorded and are in the archive of 3sat , but cut out later and only the parts which Leke uploaded were broadcasted.

I also checked the Mediathek of 3sat , but nada.

Maybe later there could be a DVD or something.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 19:57:37

Ricardo

quote:

Maybe later there could be a DVD or something.

The live in Germany DVD was the same deal, but from 1996. The bootleg I had (and uploaded Alegrias to youtube), did NOT have the buleria on it that is in the DVD. But it had tanguillo, Colombianas, and something else I think. But the DVD, as good quality it is and the extra song, came out 10 years later! So I am at least thankful for what we got here. My point was to show that a large percentage of Paco's guitar solo portion of the concert was missing, and might have made a difference in some critics perception of the show. (manitas de plata???? )

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 20:24:45

Arash

ok.

my favourite part from the concert (the broadcasted parts) was the bulerias.

here with HD (720p) Quality on youtube from another user (without the big fat Leke LOGO ).

btw. Paco had birthday few days ago !

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 21:01:32

mezzo

quote:

(without the big fat Leke LOGO ).

i don't understand why this guy needs to do that. He just put some illegal stuff on the yutube without permission. He appropriates things that do not belong to him. The real broadcaster is 3sat.
Mentally on yutu is really strange sometime

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 21:14:45

Doitsujin

quote:

i don't understand why this guy needs to do that. He just put some illegal stuff on the yutube without permission. He appropriates things that do not belong to him. The real broadcaster is 3sat.

Thats right.. But,...Im happy to get to see these videos .... The logo is very big...but..hmm.. ok.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 25 2010 22:04:41

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: jg7238
I agree but unfortunately there are many people who have high expectations of him all the time and go see him for the wrong reasons.

I blame the "perfect" CDs for that.
I dont watch out for mistakes, but too many of them or too big ones, and it ruins the whole feeling. With big names like Paco you already have some expectations just because of his recordings. Paco still plays very well, there are some vids from 2006 where he makes more mistakes than nowadays.
On the other hand lately i have seen a Nino de Pura vid from a live performance and that one kicks the ass of the album version.

On the other hand comparing them to Manitas makes it all relative... flamenco players try to avoid mistakes while performing music. Manitas' mistake is to try to make his performing sound like music.

About Paco still being the boss, i think many will refer to him as such, but there are players who inspire me more than him. Even though, in interviews, almost all of them refer to Paco as a half-god

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 27 2010 0:18:09

Doitsujin

quote:

Even though, in interviews, almost all of them refer to Paco as a half-god

If you would work in the same business..in the same very small world where they make most of their money..... you wouldn't question the opinion of the majority, too. Bad for your business.
If something is on the way to become outdated....you need somebody who is really good and has balls of steel! So.... in the end we need Duke Nukem who tells the spaniards that Pacos days are numbered. Hm.. but he doesnt play flamenco guitar.. So forget about that.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 27 2010 10:14:47

Arash

RE: Paco de Lucia - 2010 Concert in ... (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doitsujin

If you would work in the same business..in the same very small world where they make most of their money..... you wouldn't question the opinion of the majority, too. Bad for your business.

i don't believe that all those tocaors who praise Paco, do that because its good for business or that they are scared that not praising paco is bad for business!

if you really want to make business, you could shock people and say something like: "paco sucks, you want to know why? buy my new CD"

no....they truely believe in it.
they believe that paco had probably the most significant impact on their own playing.
and they are damn right.
all the modern players you hear nowadays, always include some kind of "Paco" in their CD.
whether they do it intentionally, or unintentionally.
you find Paco in each and every composition (technique, idea concepts, etc.)

that doesn't mean, that you don't have unique players and styles nowadays, but nobody can say that he has nothing to do with Paco.

in my opinion all this negative talk about Paco or recent complaints could be compared with some kind of behaviour when you have more than enough to eat and don't know what to do now..... so you search for something to complain about

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 27 2010 10:44:51
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post