Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Minera   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

hamia

RE: Minera (in reply to JasonMcGuire

Excellent post - soon as I get some time I'll try out these suggestions.

Been interested in Minera for a bit and got Callejon del Muro sounding pretty good. Love that arpeggio section in it.

And recently started listening to Vicente's Ventana del Alma which is really nice as well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 9:45:03

JasonMcGuire

RE: Minera (in reply to hamia

Come on guys..... here it is.... the chance to show this place is not just a "nerd out on TABs" kind of place. A creative bunch of thoughtful and creative guitarists that are capable of playing off the cuff.

Do I have to offer more "prizes" to get this party started?

well then..................OK.

2 more. next 2 video submissions get 3 month accounts.

have fun..... its flamenco..... go nuts.

http://www.Flamenco-Lessons.com/
http://www.CaminosFlamencos.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bikhiyal
http://flamenco-lessons.blogspot.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 17:40:55

Andy Culpepper

man, I am not too good at improvising. I just gave this a try and I came up with some nice stuff but when I just improvise out of nowhere it's very choppy. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist.. I throw away 99% of what I play because it's just not "good enough" even though I may enjoy playing it at the time.

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 19:11:36

turnermoran

RE: Minera (in reply to Andy Culpepper

Thanks for the well wishes and kind words folks.

Also, a minor correction: in my "explanation" video, I accidentally called the tremolo section a picado section. Probably obvious to anyone who saw it..
Thx
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 19:28:34

rogeliocan

RE: Minera (in reply to Andy Culpepper

quote:

I throw away 99% of what I play because it's just not "good enough"

Well, look on the bright side, at least you can improvise. I can't improvise at all, the instructions may as well be written in Chinese for me

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 19:43:35

JasonMcGuire

RE: Minera (in reply to rogeliocan

使用开放的一个字符串作为踏板音(下不断重复其他和弦和旋律它)...... E对顶面大调音阶音....作出以上的E键音的踏板重大黑社会的部分..... B大调,C#的未成年人(在A创建一个Amaj7),主要(尝试偷偷在那里一个D#注意装饰性,怎么样?),现在把它变成一个大和弦的自然优势,加入Ğ七和弦.. ..仍然使用了D#装饰性.....是否可以进一步....奔波而A7的#11和弦你刚刚创建的仍然是在你耳边的E小调音阶旋律。如果你不知道的E小调音阶旋律的笔记.....查一下。不要偷懒。它只有7注意到.....没有任何想象力,火箭手术.....现在你可以完全解决这一bichin'抗体弗里吉亚提出的第三弦(见表1所示),但为什么不把这个东西一远一点......开始使用一些C土黄反对,踏板与G自然色调,并保持和F#在那里建立一个小六和弦,然后呯!解决。不要挂在了A小调7月6日和弦太长久。它说的最后一句话,然后快速杀死进程。一个共同的旋律片段,以解决会是这样。 C#中的C,D#,C#中,丙,一个地下#在某种形式。 Ligados很常见,但可以被夸大,所以要小心。该决议和弦的共同voicings如下。

现在看看这个.......矿化是在AB或G#弗里吉亚..... E大是相对的主要....劫持一些Alegrias东西.....用我的Alegrias和谐视频我最近发表.....勇敢.....玩得开心.....它不会杀死你。 ....流连在了E一段时间的主要颜色的亮度,然后做之前与A音踏板的东西,我提到一些。决心回到了AB弗里吉亚募集第三弦......现在多数民众赞成2 falsetas ....

这里是它得到常规....... E小调是并行的相对主修副修..(E大调)....其相对弗里吉亚是B弗里吉亚......... Granaina ......宾果!!!!!!杰克高一些Granaina材料.....但放心地进入这也许从一个不错的C#小调色彩的第一个开始。你知道..... C#的小......面条,面条..... F#的7移动到B大调(或使用塔兰塔弦,做一个塔兰塔运行(F#的弗里吉亚/ Bminor / Dmajor或如果您想使用F#Octatonic,半整体减少的规模),但解决的D#而不是D的自然,使B大调的色彩成为焦点,减去预期的方式从一个模式。)现在BAMMMMMM! B大调是您的Granaina材料枢轴和弦.....乙,丙,Aminor,E小调,D等......头回乙弗里吉亚就像Granaina也不可避免地,而是解决的AB弗里吉亚募集第三(所有意图和目的A7b9)通过了A吕底亚优势和弦A7的第11位,先用抗体轻微7日,G小调第七,升F小调第七,然后继续在F#小调第七,并添加一个G在低音自然......一个戏剧性的picado或Alzapua或一些其他类似的东西一ligado运行或华而不实的东西......该抗体的BAM击弦矿化真心喜欢你,而你的工作......

如果你想牛奶.....在那里做一些颤音某处....

自己动手做矿化.....有一个爆炸....有创意。

这里是一些和弦的名字,以帮助搜索。

Bmaj /年,Amaj7,高速公路A7,A7的#11,Amin7,Amin6,F#的min7,F#的min7 /地下G#7b9和B7,B11中,Emaj,Fmaj,Emaj(如Sabicas,请注意,E,F型,电子solea关系?......这样做的人,不三思而后行,它的好吧),A6的,A6的/地下9#min7地下min7#5#,C#的min7,女#7,Bmaj,E7的,甲,Amin7地下#7b9,的D7#11中的C#min7,的D7#11中的C#min7,ð#min7b5和B7,B7b9,额敏,ð及C7#11,Bmaj,B7b9,丙,乙,甲,A7的#会,Amin7地下#7b9

关于E小调旋律暗示.....同为E,与第3大注意降低一烦恼。

并为那些谁需要它的主要矿化普遍表示弦的几种方式之一.....

- 0 ----- X ----- 4 --------------------------
- 0 ----- 1 ----- 4 --------------------------
- 5 ----- 1 ----- 5 --------------------------
- 7 ----- 1 ----- 7 --------------------------
- 6 ----- 0 ----- 6 --------------------------
- 4 ----- 4 ----- 4 --------------------------

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 13 2010 23:59:47

RE: Minera (in reply to turnermoran

congrats on the imminent addition Brian...always think of two points in my life... before and after children!
amazed at the depth and time you took to explain the process...you do work quickly!..enjoyed the vid...
hoping to upload and post some more within the next 48 hours..just have to get the weekend of gigs and rehearsals out the way...[and have some sense of family life]...

quote:

I throw away 99% of what I play because it's just not "good enough" even though I may enjoy playing it at the time.

felt that way about my post but i guess you need to keep putting it out there particularly if you enjoy it at the time...figure all compositions are born of improvisation...regardless of ability or level...

this thread has been a great and positive resource for me...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 0:32:28

marduk

im taking my time with the project, its taking a fair bit for the info to sink in for me, but i will continue until i come up with a simple minera (i will have to keep it really simple technique wise) it might take me ages though. im finding it really hard to follow the instruction from the thread, but that just drives me to improve
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 1:19:33

CarloJuan

RE: Minera (in reply to Neotriz

coooool!!!! :D

Jason just basically laid out a whole map of instructive guidelines for you to just noodle around in circles and improvise your way to minera. The harmonic relationships between each key in minera is well explained, now it seems we don't have to put much effort into solving harmony riddles...

Thanks Jason, i hope you still would offer account promos in the future.haha
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 2:59:14

JasonMcGuire

RE: Minera (in reply to CarloJuan

quote:

Jason just basically laid out a whole map of instructive guidelines for you to just noodle around in circles and improvise your way to minera.

Circles........ well that would depend on how the information was used. Yes harmony does function in a cyclical manner, so I suppose you are right there if I interpret your statement correctly.

I have given much here over the years including information, advice, humor and criticism. I have for a number of challenges both of my own design like this one as well as ones created and suggested by others, offered as prize and incentive for participation, accounts to my lesson website. I will no doubt offer more in the future.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 4:26:42

marduk

quote:

now it seems we don't have to put much effort into solving harmony riddles...

im 3 days in and i still dont know what the hell im doing

quote:

Well, look on the bright side, at least you can improvise. I can't improvise at all, the instructions may as well be written in Chinese for me.

i can improvise a bit, but on a real basic level, but i feel like its chinese for me too. dont let that stop you man, have you tried google translate? (or maybe writing it down as chord charts)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 4:31:00

Joven35

I am glad to see so many people attempting to free themselves from interpretation and move into improvisation. It is a difficult leap, for some; my self personally (although I make attempts).

To answer neotriz: Minera is a Traranta in G#. If you can transpose the best option would be to try and work on some of the signature licks in Taranta and find them in G#. This is very doable. There are many great examples of Tarantas you could find. This is not a score but I hope this helps some. Keep me posted.

To the composers out there here are some wonderful examples of the style for inspiration in your wonderings:

I hope they are useful.

Best of luck!

His amazing technique is one that never loses touch with the spiritual improvisation and direct communication style of flamenco and which does not make virtuosity a goal in itself, but communicates deep sublime emotional qualities. - Manolo Sanlucar
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 10:40:55

rogeliocan

quote:

使用开放的

Hey! There's a duplicate post here

By the way, just to be clear, the fact I don't understand the instructions has nothing to do with the instructions themselves; I am just not there yet, I hope I will be one day.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:00:58

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 14 2010 11:08:58
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:03:57

Doitsujin

quote:

Bmaj/A, Amaj7, A7, A7#11, Amin7, Amin6, F#min7,F#min7/G, G#7b9, B7, B11, Emaj, Fmaj,Emaj (like Sabicas , notice that E,F,E solea relationship?...... do it man, don't think twice, its allright), A6, A6/9, G#min7, G#min7#5, C#min7,F#7,Bmaj,E7, A, Amin7, G#7b9, D7#11, C#min7,D7#11, C#min7, D#min7b5, B7, B7b9, Emin, D, C7#11, Bmaj,B7b9,C,B, A, A7#ll, Amin7, G#7b9

I´ll need a book and a week of time to look up all these chords. So, Im sadly not in. Why dont you just post a video where you just strum them down? Would be much faster than typing and less complicated.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:11:14

RE: Minera (in reply to Joven35

thanks joven
beautiful performances
came across these as well as some by paco and vicente which will be jewels forever

a few of us here are grateful to jason for explaining the minera in a musical way...
to my ear the roadmap an analysis he presented really is what is going on
but
we can only dream of playing like manolo
life is short
sometimes it is more truthful to find something of your own efforts than to copy someone else's work badly...

am sure manolo improvised his way to the end result of this minera..

it is great to be explained the essence of something...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:15:06

rogeliocan

RE: Minera (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

I´ll need a book and a week of time to look up all these chords. So, Im sadly not in. Why dont you just post a video where you just strum them down? Would be much faster than typing and less complicated.

I'm not alone!!!
I tried going into GuitarPro to create the chord diagrams ( I downloaded the trial version to see if I could do this) but I gave up after the 4th chord, could not create any of them.
Could not do the /A on the Bmaj
is Amaj7 the same as A7m?
Well, I got the A7
A7#11... no

I would ask for explanation but I think I will get another page of text. Well well well, what a surprise, another thing I will have to work on.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:19:29

marduk

quote:

thats quite literally the approach im taking, but im using the internet as a book, and the week might turn into longer
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 11:58:01

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogeliocan
I would ask for explanation but I think I will get another page of text.

The numbers are the intervalls (note distance) relative to the root. Thats all you need to know. 宾果!

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:00:59

rogeliocan

RE: Minera (in reply to XXX

So chord theory... this is something I will work on when I have some time but have no access to a guitar. I can play for hours but learning theory just kills me. So I am lazy that way. Time to change that.

Like Marduk said, it will take me a while to come up with the chords but the next time it will be easier.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:09:25

mrMagenta

Uhm. ok so here's me trying some(!) of the stuff in the idea post. very short thing

Dont know why youtube squashed the image.... :-|

What I tried to get in there is the playing around with C and G, D# against E, the Am7(13) dominant, but mostly altering from dark sounding scales to happy sounds etc.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:19:15

mezzo

quote:

So chord theory... this is something I will work on when I have some time but have no access to a guitar. I can play for hours but learning theory just kills me. So I am lazy that way. Time to change that.

yeah same for me. Chinese

"The most important part of Flamenco is not in knowing how to interpret it. The higher art is in knowing how to listen." (Luis Agujetas)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:19:52

marduk

beautiful MrMagenta. thats coming along niceley (im only going on the sound, im not comparing it to the info)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:26:16

Mike_Kinny

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 26 2010 21:35:24
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 12:28:03

marduk

i think some of us beginners need to team up with our study of this. i just got really frustrated and had to take a step back for a second.

im going to start all over again, but really slowly and go over jasons post really slow, write down all the chords and note suggestions on paper so i can work out the basics of it on guitar instead of paper, then go from there

if anyone else is struggling with the theory, I know enough that i can slowly work the chords out and things like that, but i would love to chat more freely with some others who are working it out too

if your keen to have a little online study session with me sometime soon, and use msn or something with a chat feature, mail me here and we can swap emails

does anyone make a tiny little soft flamenco guitar that i can buy and throw at my computer?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 13:10:57

Mike_Kinny

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 26 2010 21:35:15
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 13:35:33

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 14 2010 13:41:39
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 13:40:29

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 17 2011 5:27:23
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 13:42:51

marduk

RE: Minera (in reply to Mike_Kinny

quote:

This is like torturing yourself and guess what, next time trying to figure out some cords or scales it will be torture all over again.
Learning to read music isn't hard.

Finding a classical guitar teacher in your area should be easy. The basic technique of playing flamenco and classical is very similar. Considering you have only recently started to play the guitar, you will benefit from that.

You will learn one lesson at a time, you won't struggle or get frustrated but in 6 months time you'll be able to read and play simple scores and in one year you'll read any score.
There's no shortcut.

thanks for the advice Mike_Kinny. i am more having problems with trying to translate the cadences and small things, im used to being taught face to face, or by trusting my ear, and i have used tabs and can slowly transcribe sheet music

i can work out all the chords, but im new to flamenco and im trying to find flamenco sounding voicings (i have been playing rock and blues and some metal most of my life)

i have a flamenco guitar teacher, and i am making really good progress with my lessons from him, but im in the early days and only just starting to be able to feel compas in some of the palos (while listening)

im making a bit of progress with some of Jason's lessons also

i have a lot of time on my hands though and want to practice more than my muscles and hands will let me, so i enjoy researching, and working out music on paper. i am mainly doing this "torture" to myself, because being dilligent and pushing through, has always paid off at least a little bit in the past, apart from getting frustrated and needing to change my approach, im enjoying myslef

i would like to have some classical training, mainly to learn the musical silibus because i would love to be a teacher one day, but at the moment i dont have the money for it, I would like to have lessons with my flamenco teacher more if i had the money for it, but its probably good that i dont, because i spend more time working on each thing

thanks again for the advice

Al - that vid is great, very helpful thanks
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 13:55:56

RE: Minera (in reply to Guest

the first two chords B/A to A [ or other way round}with an emajor scale as melodic connecting device resolving to the minera chord {G#7 b9}
my next 24 hours of practice will be to refine this into a short alzapua section then go back and look at the other material i've posted and try to work out an arpeggio sequence...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 14 2010 15:06:24
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3 4    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post