Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Sad message....   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gato

RE: Sad message.... (in reply to Ron.M

That is so true......

The Life Everlasting/Oswald Utopia
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2009 8:51:11

Ron.M

RE: Sad message.... (in reply to gato

I must admit, I was quite surprised to hear of the death of Simon Dee over the weekend.
None of you young folk will really know who I'm talking about, but he was the first Radio Caroline DJ back in the 60's.
Val will know where I'm coming from when I say he symbolized 60's Britain, where the old values were being challenged and the old Establishment were thrashing around, trying to regain control.

Great days!

At my school he was a hero, with his cool looks and style and hanging out with folk like The Beatles and other cool, anti-establishment figures.

He would always end his TV chat show by driving up in his white custom E Type Jag into which a pretty blonde in a mini skirt would eagerly jump in to go back to his penthouse apartment and discuss his etchings over coffee...

Sadly for him, things went a bit awry and he slipped from the public ratings and it all ended in a bit of a disaster...

But it was exciting times, and I guess (as I have always said), my sadness was not for him, but more nostalgia for that period in my life and the folk I knew at that time.

I never go to Funerals anymore these days for the same reason.

Total waste of time and most folk do it because they don't want to appear to show any disrespect.

I grieve for the folk I loved personally in my own thoughts, not in a public display for the sake of repectability and convention.

On a happier note, I was looking up some stuff on Simon Dee on YouTube and I happened to come across some P.J. Proby stuff!

Wow..man..that guy could really sing!

Probably rival Elvis or Johnny Cash, IMO.

(This guy really took the British scene by storm in the height of Beatlemania, which is saying something!)

Loved his stuff back then!

A real Rebel and exciting performer!

(Check the geeky dancing...lol.. )

I love this bit from an interview article a few years ago...

"If I knew I had a terminal illness, you know what I would do?" he says.

"I'd take a plane to Nashville, Tennessee, and I'd ask the cab driver to take me to the sleaziest, dirtiest bar in town and I'd pick on the biggest and toughest guy in the place and knee him between the legs.

"I'd make him really mad and then I'd say have a drink - and then I'd say come outside and fight."

The incorrigible P.J. Proby intends to go out fighting.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-523368/How-P-J-Probys-life-falling-apart-seams.html#ixzz0Pn7m59AY

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2009 12:10:34

Escribano

RE: Sad message.... (in reply to Ron.M

I was about 10 years old so I only remember the E-Type and the mini skirts

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 1 2009 1:35:08
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages