Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

flamenco violin   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Fergusito

flamenco violin 

I have started playing with a violinist who is getting into flamenco has an excellent ear. She wants to know if there is anywhere you can study flamenco violin. Has anyone any experience of playing with violin or anything at all really to do with Flamenco and violin.
fergus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 5 2009 13:22:32

Morao

RE: flamenco violin (in reply to Fergusito

Do you know Alexis Lefevre? An excelent (french) Flamenco violin player.

He plays on the new Vicente Amigo Album and Alexis´ band Ultra High Flamenco is a good reference for Flamenco violin. Just here the Album UHF.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 5 2009 23:11:37

XXX

We do two numbers with violin. One instrumental tangos the other one is Sara Baras' farruca (you can see it on YouTube).
Also on YouTube, Antonio Rey has a video with violin. Ramon Jimenez has also violin on his album, so does Chicuelo, Antonio Rodriguez. Most of it is just to enhance, if not to say, accompany the rest of the music. So it is the question what your teacher wants to do with flamenco violin. A solo violin performance, maybe buleria, would be the killer! But i have yet to come accross such a thing.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 6 2009 0:53:07

Hola

A visit to Jerez is indicated! There, Bernardo Parilla gets most of the gigs, being gitano and sobrino de Parilla, though my favourite by far is David Moreira. Also in Jerez, and more accesible, is Sophia Quarenghi.

Any excuse for visiting Jerez is a good one

Sean
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 6 2009 6:48:53

Fergusito

Thanks for your comments. Amr Amilikian and Jose luis monton play some very nice stuff together worth checking out. I agree with you sean any excuse to got Jerez and I'm there maybe see you at the festival next year in Feb March.
Fergus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 7 2009 15:19:16

Adam

Ooooh, my favorite flamenco violin is the guy who plays with Johannes Linstead. Their flamenco is so dreamy. My next favorite is violin in Strunz and Farah.

Seriously, though, Emilio Maya plays with a violinist (also, incidentally, named Maya) and it's a pretty good combo. There are a few vids on YouTube if you just look Emilio up... they rock his zapateo out.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 8 2009 20:19:58
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post