Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Pitingo   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Guest

Yeah, Neilf and Jason are just saying it as it is IMO.
We are all opinionated and in different moods when we post on this Forum.
Sean is no different.
In a way, that's what the Forum is about...to thrash out different points of view etc and make you think.

So long as things don't get into personal abuse...and I think we are really doing a lot better on that score since we re-opened.

As for Pitingo...
Flamenco is obviously flowing through his blood.
I don't fancy his Soul stuff, but the guy is entitled to give it a go, especially when musicians like he see pretty crap pop-stars earning mega-much more than himself.

I admire and respect John Williams (the Classical guitarist) immensely, although I have no CD buying interest in that style.

A while ago he tried a new thing playing Jazz stuff in his group "Sky".

Personally I thought it was crap...(there are far better jazzers IMO).

However it was just one of those things he had to try and I don't hold it against him.

As a professional musician, I guess you have to push the barriers both artistically and financially!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 10:18:03

JasonMcGuire

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Ron.M

Well said Ron. This forum is a great place to communicate our ideas about flamenco.

A sincere apology to Sean if it seemed like I was picking on him for being a true flamenco lover. I just think if we choose our words more carefully so that what we mean to say is what we actually say, a lot of senseless arguing can be avoided. Of course some people (like myself) don't mind arguing which is probably why I jumped into the thread.

I am sure Sean is very much in the know with regards to flamenco. It is my belief that being in that situation is something we can be grateful for. I am all about people having their opinions and offering criticism.

http://www.Flamenco-Lessons.com/
http://www.CaminosFlamencos.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bikhiyal
http://flamenco-lessons.blogspot.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 11:23:10

Florian

RE: Pitingo (in reply to JasonMcGuire

Jason to answer your question for me it was Gipsy Kings

I love it... stay quiet long enough everyone will end up apologising to you no matter whos wrong lol i got to remember that one ...oh who am i kidding ...i cant stay quiet that long ...and i am never wrong soo..

Well hell i am sorry too Sean i dont really care about who u like or who u dont like, u are free to have your own opinion...but what u said was a litlle insencitive to Val's post, obviously she liked those tracks ...thats why she started a thread about it...its like someone u dont know all that well being really excited about a new pupy they got and the first time u meet them u tell em its ugly because u dont like dogs...u wouldnt do that in real life... not to mention your comments were a litlle condescending to all those of us who do like him and have his first album so i was a litlle insencitive to you maybe...sorry if i went overboard
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:19:43

Crows

That first Pitingo CD is great....not Flamenco....don't get it at all!!!
In my book he can do what he wants for a couple of releases after giving us the 1st one.
Belated thanks to Flo for pointing me towards it......love it!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:27:11

Florian

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Crows

Crows ! hey man where have you been dude !! nice to see you..it was a pleasure, i am glad u like it..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:29:59

Crows

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Florian

For me it was Juan Martin......
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:30:11

Crows

Hello Flo,

How's it going?.....I've just been a bit quiet of late. I keep lurking and checking out what is going on though. Was good to see your news earlier in the year.
That Pitingo CD....you started an addiction there

Cheers, AQndy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:34:24

Florian

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Crows

Shame on u u didnt say hello

dont let it be so long until the next time amigo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:37:21

Florian

quote:

That Pitingo CD....you started an addiction there

well Henrik turned me on to it first...i think he had it written on his signature here...and i know i am always grateful and pleased when i find some new cd i like that perhaps I wouldnt have thought to try so I hoped to do the same for others..hopefully, i am glad it worked out and u liked it

i get pleasure out of beeing involved with someone finding a new album they enjoy....but if u get an album u dont like cause of me its your problem...who told you to listen to me anyway

quote:

Was good to see your news earlier in the year.

thank you buddy i appreciate that
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 12:43:00

Ricardo

For jason, it was Passion Grace and Fire at a guitar summer camp our teacher brought in for us to hear.

Sean is a tame purist. And it is good to have some purists around to keep a perspective. In someways it amuses me too because there is a little purist inside of all of us, it is just a matter of degrees. I think Sean would have more fun at old school foro, but it's all good. Sean's comments, at this point, are expected on certain issue. I laugh out loud before I even read what he writes because I already KNOW what he will say!

Imagine if we had Agujeta posting here from time to time, especially since Chocolate and Paquera have died already:

quote:

Will you leave a legacy behind you? Will anything of the old school remain?

"Chocolate knows how to sing and I know how to sing. But there's nobody left anymore but Chocolate and me... and Francisca (La Paquera)"

Nothing's going to be left; nobody can do that. What they're doing is a bad copy of flamenco. Any girl comes out screaming like a dog. Pure flamenco doesn't exist; what's out there now is trash. What El Güito danced was no good and the boy behind him was worse. And another guy might come out singing Camarón's cantes and that Camarón is a dog singing: bow, wow. That's not flamenco. And you can't talk about those things. Know what I mean or not? That's it. Chocolate, what the Terremoto kid does... although he won't get anywhere either, because it turns out he didn't sing as a boy and flamenco can't be learned; you have to be born with it. I have eight or nine brothers and sisters who sing; one has made a record in vain. And what he's done is a copy of me, and that's worth nothin'. You have to be born a cantaor. Then the son is studying the father's record, and since he has the same voice, he's singing and he's feeding on it.

(interviewer)Those things are better left unsaid.

What are you gonna say it for, if I'm telling you. What is it that you wanted to know? Chocolate knows how to sing and I know how to sing. But there's nobody left anymore but Chocolate and me... and Francisca (La Paquera).

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 15:21:46

Florian

RE: Pitingo (in reply to Ricardo

HAHAHA thats a classic...i wanna see the whole interview...where is it from ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 16:10:44

Ricardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian

http://www.flamenco-world.com/artists/agujetas/entrevista1.htm

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 15 2008 22:00:02

Florian

lol wow...thaT was the funniest read in a long time..its almost unreal, like a dry SpinalTap like flamenco comedy..

ofcourse its not the first time i came across it in flamenco...reminds me of a singer we have here..he actually talks like that and speaks badly of everyone who dosent happen to be there at that moment..dosent matter if its people he works with, has worked with or never meet..

also claims that "he cures" women of lesbianism

quote:

No! you not understanding me...I get PAID I get PAID I get PAID!!!

last singer i worked with ...he was in Adelaide for almost a week...never meet any of us before, was staying with me during the rehersals and and took him one day to start talking badly about the dancers to the musiceans and talking badly about the musiceans, to the dancers, talking badly about the other singer to everyone lol figured that the word wouldnt get around to me everyone else knew eachother for years..

then at the end he spoke how he enjoyed working with us so much and he would love to do it again and gave everyone his card

we threw a party the second i droped his ass off at the airport, just having a coffe with the guy was exausting..

I am not confrontational in real life but i cant pretend either i was just quiet drinking my coffe waiting for the departure time ..almost had like a countdown to takeoff happening in my head lol

he keped asking...Whats wrong? ..u dont seem very happy in your life ...theres something ..i cant put my finger on it but theres something with you" trying to bond with me..and appear like we are buddies and he cares...

I felled like standing up and screaming out..ITS YOU MOF

if u can find a singer that can sing and shut up for a second and dosent badmouth everyone else put handcuffs on him and chain him to your chairs i found the women singers alot eazyer in that department
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 0:07:22

Jan Willem

quote:

ITS YOU MOF

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 1:09:00

Ron.M

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian

http://www.flamenco-world.com/artists/agujetas/entrevista1.htm

Wow!
The guy is pretty modest eh?
He seems to be as obsessed with money as he is with his uniqueness in Flamenco Puro too!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 4:51:19

Florian

theres noone left after him so yo all might as well pack up your sh*t and go home ...

"I am the best and Camaron sounds like a dog but u cant say that nour days can you "
...."What what do you wanna know ?No No no, u not understanding me......Theres noone ... except me and some other people but not even them because one is old..the other is dead and last one i just found out hasent been singing all his life, he only started when he was 3 ...so its just me"........even my kids and brother are sh*t so what u want me to tell you.. am i getting paid for this ?

I am considering printing and framing this one

I love bad interviews.. i have seen some beauties lol
heres a few for you

http://au.youtube.com/results?search_query=embarrassing+interviews++&search_type=
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 5:02:03

henrym3483

aguejetas ìs a monster of the older generation, and i quite like his singing however out of the three i would prefer chocolate's and la paquera's to his. but some of the stuff he comes out with would make you roll your eyes to heaven given societal expectations of politically correct behaviour. id say there is a bit of envy in aguejetas's comments about camaron (he wants money of course )

i have the dvd interview, siempre libre, soy siempre libre, and pretty free to say what he likes too.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 8:46:34

¡ojalá!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 9:21:33

Florian

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 16 2008 9:32:34

NormanKliman

quote:

also claims that "he cures" women of lesbianism

Florian, please, a little more articulation and consideration on your part would be appreciated... The medical procedure is called "strapadichtomy."

Be here now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2008 1:48:27

Florian

RE: Pitingo (in reply to NormanKliman

ops i am sorry...i hope i didnt offend anyone ... it is not my wish to offend ladys who enjoy the company of other ladys emotionally as well as phisicaly...i like them...i am all for they cause ...infact sometimes i find myself just standing around thinking about them and how the cause is going and hoping other people think of them as afectionatly as i do.....I just ....i just love em thats all ...alot..i am very down with all that.....i cant say i blame them...i dont wanna be with men why should they...

If everybody was as liberal and as kind as I... what a wonderful world it would be there would be no more racim either...blondes, brunets, red heads, brown hair....it dosent matter as long as they pretty....but even that dosent matter ..everyone is beautiful in gods eyes and i am sure even they will find other men to be with...

I am so sick of discrimination...and i want the whole world to be equal and happy

I have a dream ..but its flexible ...either win the lotto or world peace ..

So u see Norman i have total consideration for the world around me...i think about stuff alot..and i care..i am always thinking what can I do to make it beter...sometimes just out of the blue i walk up to an ugly chick if i see one and say "dont worry ...you'l meet someone some day, you just have to learn to love yourself, you are special "

but serious i am just joking there are no ugly people...well i dont know..i dont hang out with them
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 17 2008 2:12:47
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post