Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Alhambra 7fp   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

koella

Alhambra 7fp 

hello.

I got to play an Alhambra 7Fp this afternoon. A negra.
I wasn't really charmed about it. It sounded like a classical and didn't have any projection. Also had a high action.

Does anyone have any experience with this model ? Was it just a coincidence that this particular guitar was not so good and not so flamenco ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 28 2008 13:08:24

RE: Alhambra 7fp (in reply to koella

hi koella, i bought one for for $499 off ebay. I use it as a gig/bash around guitar. The one i have is actually pretty good, i have compared it to a classical from the same maker in around the same pricerange and it is built differently to theyre classical and sounds different. It does have a flamenco bridge(thats what i was looking at) The one i have is great for 500 bucks I would say that possibly they will vary dramatically in quality being a factory guitar, the one i have i beleive they got all the critical things right as the sound is quite good and even all the way up the board.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 30 2008 17:51:28

koella

Maybe it's a coincidence then.
I must say the strings were very old and the bridge too high. The owner said he would fix that. Maybe next time I see him it will be better.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2008 0:51:39

Anders Eliasson

Koella,

I´ve had a couple of them in my hands when I worked in a shop. I didn´t like them at all. Heavy and boring.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2008 7:07:13

koella

Yes that was my experience too. And it was dead.
I guess Dominic was lucky.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2008 12:57:18

quote:

I didn´t like them at all. Heavy and boring

well im talking relative to 500 bucks, what were you expecting in this price range? (handbuilt with a 12 hole bridge,tight grained top and solid back and sides ) All im saying is for someone on a budget or for a bang around guitar these would be o.k. Also i may well have just got lucky with this one, i have had a few people play it and comment that they were really surprised at the way it played for the price. I did buy it from a very good flamenco guitarist who bought it from a whole batch of them and this was the one he chose. I met him after i bought it off him on ebay and saw him play live, he new how to play flamenco really well. He actually wanted to buy it back from me a few months later cause he realised he needed it for the same reason i did.
For me its perfect for throwing in the boot of the car or using at parties and not worring about it getting damaged, if people ask for a go you can just hand it to them and not care. If the one you tried Koella had really old dead strings it would sound pretty average thats for sure.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2008 17:14:54

Anders Eliasson

You can find factory guitars in the 7FP range which are better, but Alhambra is in general very unconsistant, meaning some few ones are quite good, so I think you´ve been lucky and have gotten a good one.

The main problem about factory negras is that they are built to heavy. Well, blancas as well, but the negras suffer more, making them heavy and non responsive to play... Or just plain boring

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 31 2008 22:40:00
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote