Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Anyone play/own a Francisco Navarro Concert Flamenco?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

darylcrisp

Anyone play/own a Francisco Navarro ... 

what are your thoughts on this model.

thanks
Daryl
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 11 2008 3:33:59

DonS

RE: Anyone play/own a Francisco Nava... (in reply to darylcrisp

I just purhased one from Tom @ La falseta. An estudio model for gigs..very flamenco, nice playability, sound and better than any spanish made instrument of up to $2000. Believe me I'm compared it to Conde EF5, EF4 etc. The concert model is nice as well according to Tom. IMO, best buy period for a flamenco under a grand! Call up Tom!

See pics and soundclip here:

http://www.lafalseta.com/navarro_flamencos.html

Suerte, Don
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 11 2008 19:24:11

Ron.M

IMO at an entry level it's often not so much the guitar as the player.
My Anders Negra sometimes after many hours of coaxing and listening, and when I'm just about to give up, surprises me by coming back with exactly the sound I wanted in the first place.
And I'm amazed.
And realize how authentic guitar this is!
Not to say that Anders is the only"extranjero" Flamenco Guitar maker living in Andalucia.
There are quite a few, including Stephan and others I've tried by the courtesy of Jim Opfer.
The potential of the guitar has to be there first IMO.
Otherwise you are just fighting with it.
BIG problem for all you US guys is the dollar/euro rate which is at an all time low.
All these guitarerros are incredibly sincere and build their instruments with love and respect which you feel when you work with them.
Much better than you will ever get from a Yamaha or Apache etc IMO, even if it's going to cost you a bit more.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 11 2008 19:55:26

Tom Blackshear

Francisco was at my shop last summer 2007 in San Antonio, Texas and I showed him the Reyes plan and set up for the flamenco guitar. Now Poncho is building in the Reyes style, and I heard a few weeks ago that he has it down near perfect. Tom Nunez should have access to this particular model.

Tom Blackshear http://tguitars.home.texas.net/index.htm
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 15 2008 22:57:39

ChiyoDad

RE: Anyone play/own a Francisco Nava... (in reply to Tom Blackshear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Blackshear

Francisco was at my shop last summer 2007 in San Antonio, Texas and I showed him the Reyes plan and set up for the flamenco guitar. Now Poncho is building in the Reyes style, and I heard a few weeks ago that he has it down near perfect. Tom Nunez should have access to this particular model.

Welcome to the foro, Tom. Nice to see you here.

What are the particular qualities of the Reyes style?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 15 2008 23:07:25

Tom Blackshear

RE: Anyone play/own a Francisco Nava... (in reply to ChiyoDad

quote:

quote:

Welcome to the foro, Tom. Nice to see you here.

What are the particular qualities of the Reyes style?
........"

I think it would be best to show you first, with a Vicente Amigo YOUTUBE.........

and then say that I've had e-mails from builders world-wide telling me what a good plan it was for their building techniques. I included some of the Reyes fine-tuning in it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 15 2008 23:17:20

ChiyoDad

quote:

I think it would be best to show you first, with a Vicente Amigo YOUTUBE.........

and then say that I've had e-mails from builders world-wide telling me what a good plan it was for their building techniques. I included some of the Reyes fine-tuning in it.

Impressive. I would be interested in learning more.

Is Francisco planning on making this his standard plan for his flamencas? I may need to pay one of his distributors in California a visit.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 16 2008 0:02:07

Tom Blackshear

quote:

Impressive. I would be interested in learning more.

Is Francisco planning on making this his standard plan for his flamencas? I may need to pay one of his distributors in California a visit.
.........."

You would have to ask his US distributor, Ron Hudson at Memorial Music in Houston, Texas. Memorial Music might have a website you can check out.........

I might add that Pancho has about 30 guitars a month going out of his shop so there are a limited number of guitars that he personally makes. Right now, I think the Reyes style goes to Ron Hudson.

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 16 2008 4:04:21

ChiyoDad

quote:

I might add that Pancho has about 30 guitars a month going out of his shop so there are a limited number of guitars that he personally makes. Right now, I think the Reyes style goes to Ron Hudson.

Thanks for the information, Tom.

I'll inquire with Ron and with Tom Nunez. My guess is that Francisco will offer it either in his Grand Concert line; or perhaps as his first Special Grand Concert flamenca. That would put it beyond my current budget.

For other inquiring foro members, the websites are:
http://www.francisconavarro.com/
http://www.lafalseta.com/navarro_flamencos.html

Did Francisco say anything about cascading the Reyes design to all of his model tiers within his workshop? My understanding is that he uses currently uses the Santos Hernandez design for his Studio, Concert and Grand Concert lines.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 16 2008 15:25:42

Tom Blackshear

I called Ron Hudson to ask him if Francisco will make the Reyes design in his over-all models at different prices and he wasn't in to take the call. I would imagine not but you never know what will happen. Poncho’s first try at it was very good. He actually built the essence of Reyes even though he altered some of his techniques. I sent back 10 points of reference for him to change and I hear they are near perfect now.

Update: I just talked with Ron and he said that he believes Poncho is only building that model on his bench, right at the moment.

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 16 2008 15:35:02
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote