Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

guitarbuddha

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Florian

I find that given the choice to be deaf or blind as a musician I would choose blind.

However since I am not confronted with that choice I enjoy having ears and eyes.

If you are encouraged to join a club of people who gouge out their eyes because it prevents them from the uncool act of seeing then make sure your ears are real good.

If there is a rival gang of deaf people who celebrate eyes with the same craziness then be wary of them also.

If blind people tell you that someone has no ears then ask yourself 'how do they know' I mean, how can they really be sure. If their sole evidence is that the individual in question is not blind then..... they must be terribly smart.

If an object is heavy use both hands, I mean the point is to lift yeah ?

In buleria and most fast tempo flamenco the notation has no excuse for not being accurate, notes are either on the beat or between them, with the odd triplet. Thats either on the beat or between them. Two choices and when you play you want to be pretty clear where you are your on the beat or your not. A well written score helps if you can read rhythm. A poorly written score does not provide the help that it could and should.

If the blind lead the blind then they have to be in pretty close contact or they might find themselves moving in very different directions. Deaf people with maps are at an advantage in this situation.

Learn to listen real carefully, a good score can help focus your attention (particularly if you get your computer to play the music at half speed or less) as you listen.

If someone is unsure as to whether or not a score is (or indeed could be) accurate then they are not a good person to ask about scores. I mean the score tells you if a not is on the beat or off and if your ear is telling you this anyway then it is simple to check the score. If your not sure and the score is good then ..... there's a way of becoming sure !!!!

It's like if someone said books dont have ideas only words then you could be pretty sure that they didn't really know a lot about books, maybe they would be being defensive because they couldn't read at all. Fortunately few people in adult company get a away with this kind of playground bravado.........RIGHT ?

D

Anyway thats my defense of music now make sure you listen real real careful too.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 15:26:00

Florian

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to guitarbuddha

well lets not play around with sayings lol let me save you the trouble of guessing I have no idea about notation, i dont think its relevant in flamenco, i mean u can use it just fine..but no better no worse then tab and audio, and even with notation you need audio, and since tab is eazyer and quicker to learn i went that way

if you have the audio you dont need to doublechek anything , its all right there, there no need for "2 hands", audio is everything, audio is god , regardless of what the notation says.

so to check it against notation, its a waiste of time, its not any more helpfull is like doing the same thing twice, its like asking a b grade actor if the A grade actor is any good..its like checking what God is doing against the Bible there is no second opinion that matters.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 15:39:24

TANúñez

But if your deaf, audio will be a waste of time and if your blind, notation will be as well.

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 16:20:37

[Deleted] (in reply to TANúñez

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 18:33:15

Florian

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Guest

quote:

But if your deaf, audio will be a waste of time and if your blind, notation will be as well

if you are a deaf musicean then beeing blind is just a gift ...cause not only do you play like Paco but you look like Brad Pitt too...not to mention your not having to look at the puzzeled faces of those listening to you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 19:49:56

deyo

can someone demystify relationship between compas and what is played from

0:55-1:03

there is no way i can figure out exact compas and connect it to notes played

www.soundclick.com/deyo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 21:04:05

John O.

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to deyo

Tap along with it and you'll see the speed is the same. 3 and 10 will often be the chord changes, as is the case here: 1st open A is 10, slow thumb stroke ends on 3, picado ends open A on 10, rhythm continues on 12.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 22:11:32

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian

well lets not play around with sayings lol let me save you the trouble of guessing I have no idea about notation, i dont think its relevant in flamenco, i mean u can use it just fine..but no better no worse then tab and audio, and even with notation you need audio, and since tab is eazyer and quicker to learn i went that way

if you have the audio you dont need to doublechek anything , its all right there, there no need for "2 hands", audio is everything, audio is god , regardless of what the notation says.

so to check it against notation, its a waiste of time, its not any more helpfull is like doing the same thing twice, its like asking a b grade actor if the A grade actor is any good..its like checking what God is doing against the Bible there is no second opinion that matters.

I agree.

Most important in Flamenco guitar imo is VIDEO (with Audio).

I think classic guitar is a complete different story.
In flamenco there are other rules to learn.

If you are a musical person and have sence for flamenco music and if you dont have the possibility to
learn by looking to a teacher LIVE, then best way to learn is by watching and hearing to other
flamenco guitarists (Video+Audio).

I deleted all Notes and Tabs from which i dont have the Video or Audio.
For me they are useless because from Notes or Tabs i cant figure out how and with which feel they should be played.

But if i have the Video and Audio, TABS are helpful to find out the fingerings from the parts which you
can not figure out by watching to the Hands in the Video OR by hearing to the Audio.

p.s. not so long ago, flamenco guitar was teached from one person to another by watching to him and trying to copy him.
Nowadays we have Video which is nearly similar to meeting the person live.
All the Encuentro Vids and other teaching videos are the fastest and best way to learn for those who dont have a good flamenco guitar teacher.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2008 23:09:40

Ailsa

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Arash

quote:

not so long ago, flamenco guitar was teached from one person to another by watching to him and trying to copy him

Actually that's still how I learn - I can read both tab and notation but don't use either with my teacher.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 0:02:45

guitarbuddha

quote:

ORIGINAL: guitarbuddha

If the blind lead the blind then they have to be in pretty close contact .

Hi Ailsa, I think that I will unpack my metaphor a little, working one on one with a teacher without a score can be really good.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 0:59:58

guitarbuddha

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Arash

Arash I am confused here. How is it that you feel the ability to evaluate the usefulness of scores when you admit that you cannot read them ?

Florian, reading shakespeare is not the same as listening to a great actor. But it is generally agreed that it IS a good way of studying shakespeare.

Is anyone here familiar with Tuck Andress the truly great fingerstyle funk and jazz guitarist ? He has a classic instructional video which has been recently released on DVD (buy it !!). He played by ear his whole life and my goodness he is good. He mentions that he did start writing things down (his own ideas and compositions) because it made it easier for him to practice them effectively. Kind of like when Paul Newman (as a pool playere and guru to Tom Cruise) gets his new glasses in 'The Colour of Money' , didn't make him any more talented but did makes his playing and practice more effective.

I really would urge anyone interested in buleria to get the Duende Flamenco buleria transcription books. They really are great and if you invest in the reading of rhythm (which is just another really good way of understanding rhythm -ask a percussionist) you will see just how clear and helpful their way of notating buleria is. Believe me it really is night and day when compared to the encuentro and faucher stuff. The accuracy of both is great but the usefulness of the score in the Worms books is much much higher.

I am not saying don't use your ears. There really is no need to make a choice 'do both' to the utmost of your ability. And it is good to make a balance Ailsa is focusing on her ears because maybe her approach to notation was not focused enough on rhythm. For some a focus for a time on notation may well pay a big reward. Maybe take away a lot of insecurity about compas. Help make the compas more exact, stop people being confused and upset when their compas is questioned

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 1:16:38

Ailsa

quote:

Ailsa is focusing on her ears because maybe her approach to notation was not focused enough

Don't make assumptions - I'm a percussionist by background - I know plenty about rhythm, just haven't a clue about playing the guitar!!

Seriously, you recommend the duende flamenco books - do you have the others as well? I do look at transcriptions, it's just that my teacher uses the traditional method of teaching.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 2:21:10

guitarbuddha

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Ailsa

Yeah Ailsa. I have some solea and alegrias by worms. Also there is a good transcription of La Rosa and Impetu in their technique book.

I am not so keen on the Alegrias and Solea as the regular digressions from three four are not notated. This is what makes them less helpful than they might be.

The buleria books are great. I have C,D and E n the series. Lots of good compas, paco falsetas and more or less complete pieces by vicente nunez etc. And of course it is so much more enjoyable to work from a well produced book than off of a computer screen or a few pages of printer paper flopping about and shuffling themselves.

On the subject of percussionists I was amazed once by had a friend who plays with the scottish symphony orchestra who could read stuff written the wrong time signature convincingly and at sight, he never dropped a beat. Did it groove? Not at all, absolutely no fun to play with and no 'contact' between us.
Now if it had been in the right time signature that would have been a different matter because he grooved like crazy when we played rhumba and bossa nova.

Ailsa do you know Gavin Harrisons 'Rhythmic Illusions' book ? It has excercises which simulate a lot of the kinds of things that are happening in flamenco. Good advice on hearing ambiguous patterns 'both ways'. Another good idea for you would be to play some fingerstyle stuff (you know kind of ragtime) and apply your swing drumkit patterns to your right hand. Like thumb becomes bass drum ring fincer cymbals. Play over short cadences ( blues and stuff) and then maybe andalucian cadence in different keys. Then play them quaver =quaver por buleria. It is a really great way to get away finger independance and also practices a lot of the things which are in Harrisons book in a guitar context which might help to build a bridge to all of the coordinataion software that you have floating about in you head as a percussionist. You could get a little more dance in your right hand surprisingly quickly and it will give you lots of arpeggio patterns to jam with.

D
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 2:41:58

Patrick

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Bogdan1980

quote:

I agree and disagree with Patrick. Learning the notes for a piece and then hoping to get the meaning after doesn't work for any style, not for classical not for rock and not for country and western. The special difficulties with flamenco are a lot to do with people blindly sticking to a way of notating things which is just plain wrong. This is true not just of Bulerias but also Sivilannas, fandangos, alegrias and solea.

More power too you, if you can pull it off. So far, I haven’t heard anyone do it successfully, but I can be proven wrong. The best score in the world will never replace the original recording for the subtle timing that makes flamenco what it is. Grisha likely reads as well or better than anyone here, yet I can assure you he has spent hundreds of hours picking apart the recordings of PDL and Sabicas not for the notes....he can get that from a book.

Is learning from a score wrong? No, not at all...it's just a tool. Use everything you can get your hands on. But if you haven’t got a clue about the basic rhythm structure, you’re just throwing darts at a moving target. Todd K is constantly saying it. “Get grounded” and only then move on. The problem is, the more we ignore this fact, the more we go backwards.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 2:43:37

Bogdan1980

Notation helps always. For instance La Catedral, it's streightforward 6/8, which means you accent 1 and 4. In flamenco it doesn't seem to work that way. First of all you accent 3 and 6, and 1 is unaccented. Bulerias is worse cause it' compound meter. So it's 6/8 nd 3/4. Even alegrias is weird; it's indicated in 3/4 but if you lay Barrio la VIna on it, it doesn't always fit. So I know I have to stick to 12 count. But in bulerias with strumming patterns it's very hard to tell where what is. Especially with abundance of pauses and syncopation.

And again since pauses and syncopation are always present in PdL, especially in recent things, compas by PdL is hard to learn. So I repeat for the third time, it's not that Paco plays out of compas, it's that you can't start understanding simple conventional Bulerias through his pieces. Maybe some of you talented ones can, but it doesn't work for me.

Teacher is absolutely indispensable. I rely on classical guitar teacher a lot. For flamenco there are no teachers here. And I've lost faith in video methods. Perhaps the ones you guys recommend are good, but I am a bit reserved to drop $50 on something that won't help. I'll try Ricardo's lesson over the weekend. And I heard many good things about Graf Martinez vII. For some reason Amazon.com only has volume 1. So I'll look for it.

Basic rhythm structure is exactly what I'm after for bulerias. I want a simple strum that can exemplify accents and all. Something that I can then add falsetas to, or something that when I look at Paco's transcriptions I can identify similarities.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:08:55

guitarbuddha

Get the Duende flamenco Buleria books bogdan. NOW NOW NOW.

They are well supplied by french dealers.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:15:23

Bogdan1980

Here is one from Hererro's book. Is this a good starting point? If so then how do you sommarize the accents here? It's just that I don't see a pattern like in Alegrias or Solea.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:17:22

n85ae

I'm not so good, but for me it is easiest to learn what somebody is playing
by reading the notes/tab and figuring out how to finger it. THEN to learn
how to play it by watching/listening, AFTER I have commited the notes
to memory.

I find it very difficult to simply watch and listen to somebody if I don't have
something to look at to see exactly what notes they played. Vice versa
very difficult to play something that sounds right if I only have the paper.

Jeff
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:17:30

Anders Eliasson

Bogdan

I will advice you to look into Paco Serrano. In his encuentro video there´s a nice, not to modern, not to old and not to difficult bulerias. In his book/cd there´s another nice bulerias.
Learn to count 2 bulerias 12 2 4 6 8 10 Thats what counts and what glues it all together. Yeah, I know that sometimes you count different, but the 2 count will always be a good helper and a steady beat.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:18:07

Bogdan1980

Thanks man. I'll look into it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:18:31

Bogdan1980

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Anders Eliasson

Anders

I'll look into Serrano. This counting sounds reasonable but...then what do you fit in between each count? This may sound stupid, but I don't get how whatever I hear in your usuall bulerias fits into this 12 count. Each stroke doesn't equal one beat does it? I know that rasgueado may count as one and let's assume it is, but your avarage bulerias fits much more stuff into 12 count compas than just 12 strokes. I probably don't make any sense.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:23:48

guitarbuddha

Bogdan this is a style of writing that I would not recommend. I AM going to reccomend the Traite de Guitare Flamenca vol 2 Technique de la Guitare Flamemc niveaux avance et superieur. There is a good transcription of Impetu there to work on. Claude Worms Duende Flamenco (anthologie methodique de la guitare flamecnca) Volume 2D La buleria has page after page of well written compas and falsetas by Tomatito Paco Enrique Melchor and also Quique Peredes also some falsetas from Jerezana and El Tempul by Paco. These books although quite expensive offer great value in my opinion.

Does anyone know how to send large email attachments on hotmail, any time I have tried to upload larger files they get lost in the ether.?

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:40:17

Bogdan1980

Where do you get the Claude Worms book and the rest of them for that matter. I checked amazon? They only have volume 3b.

I think the attachements won't go through if recepient's mailbox doesn't allow large size or is near size limit. Also check what hotmail's limit is. Usually they are pretty lenient about these things.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 3:58:36

[Deleted] (in reply to Patrick

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 4:29:13

Bogdan1980

Lionel

I never said I was trying to play Paco's bulerias. That's why I started this thread, so I can get advice on some good traditional bulerias, and if you read in the beginning I say that I want something other than Paco.

Alegrias doesn't give me much trouble. It is clear, so is solea. It's bulerias is trouble.

And you can't just take something old and learn from it, if you don't like it. Sabicas is just not interesting for me. It's like taking Carcassi's etudes and learning them hour after hour, it's just not fun. It should be at least musically pleasing, after all that's why I got into guitar in the first place. Sabicas is not for me. I'll look into tohers though like Nino Ricardo, and Paco Cepero
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 5:19:36

TANúñez

quote:

cause not only do you play like Paco but you look like Brad Pitt too

That could work. Paco de Pitt. Brad de Lucia. Yeah, that would work real well actually.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 6:09:21

Bogdan1980

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to TANúñez

Wait...that's Bruce Willis!?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 6:48:14

Ricardo

personally find agreement with everyone's views here.

Florian: exactly right about using the ear. Vast majority of flamenco's don't read so you can't say that is necessary or even helpful to read notes for flamenco especially.

Guitarbuddha: exactly right that if notated PROPERLY, a good score is a great tool for deciphering thing, especially involving fast rhythms. And anything that is played in time on a tempered instrument (guitar) has the potential to be notated VERY precisely. Even dynamics, accentuations, and even swing, stresses, synchopation, etc, etc. Knowing how to read rhythms, AND having a GOOD score can eliminate even the need for a video or teacher OR recording, believe it or not. But when it comes to flamenco, I would say there are almost NO "good" scores as I am defining above. But the potential is there.

Arash I think talked about video. Absolutely, a great way to learn. For sure you have guys trying to learn that simply CAN"T see it on the video, but for alot of us, it is really faster and easier to get details than a score or just by ear. Of course nothing can replace a teacher who can correct you face to face, but every student needs to learn to be self critical, record him/herself and self correct. I personally love videos, and if I have one, I don't need a score, though I can read pretty good too and recognize it's importance. You see in a vid, the flamenco players usually tap the foot, and bam you have your beat reference. So figuring out rhythms based on the foot tap visual, is just as easy to me as seeing it written with bar lines and subdivisions.

OK, so while I agree with all you guys, the problem I have is that if you get a score written wrong, same problem as if you learn by ear and you dont' have the proper INTERNAL beat reference, you could be learning WRONG totally, and wasting time, since later you will have to UNLEARN it which turns out to be fantastically difficult. The reason for so many flaky scores for flamenco, is because guitarists that don't read well or study drums say, make the transcription. Also the way Encuentro Faucher for exmaple do bulerias, is based on it's relation to Solea COUNTING that dancers might use, and not to true rudimentary rhythmic phrasing. Someone like Ailsa who studied percussion and can read good, trying to learn the rhythms from a BAD score,COULD BE internalizing the phrasing wrong right of the bat. (Of course she has the advantage of being a dancer, so knowing how the music should fit excludes her from my point). BUT in the case of many good readers of scores (rare for guitarists honestly), they also have good enough ears to correct the flaws. For example, I have no problem adapting to Faucher's way of having the bar lines wrong, I can visualize the phrasing either way. For example I will tap my foot on 3 instead of 1. (Anyone who reads rhythms good, understands why that is weird to do).

I mean right down to what does a quarter note mean I take issue with so many transcriptions. I mean bulerias with quarter note equals 240+, that is off the scale IMO, those should be 8th notes to anyone that understands beat and groove. So many verbal arguements I have on the net about rhythm stem from folks not being aware of what bpm means when describing rhythm.

Playing for dancers really helps to get the "rudiments" of flamenco internalized, so reading bad scores become less harmful. But I am convinced, that if a GOOD reader is coupled with an equally good score, then Guitarbudda is right on. Too bad for flamenco guitar that case will rarely occur, perhaps never. Hence Florian's ear method and Arash's vid method will always be the better option. If only we had recording technology back it Bach's era through Mozart and Beethoven. Who would not prefer to have nice video of Bach playing his organ, rather than a score????

Ricardo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 7:24:31

Ricardo

quote:

And again since pauses and syncopation are always present in PdL, especially in recent things, compas by PdL is hard to learn. So I repeat for the third time, it's not that Paco plays out of compas, it's that you can't start understanding simple conventional Bulerias through his pieces. Maybe some of you talented ones can, but it doesn't work for me.

About syncopation, which scares a lot of folks, this is how I feel about it.

Rudiments are rhythmic combos that students learn and gets used to, so when they see them occur in a different situation they become easy to feel and execute at various speeds. So in flamenco, when beginners learn compas, they are learning certain rudiments, and confuse those for just he BASIC fundamental beat. True, there are a lot defining rudiments for something like bulerias, but the point is, the BASE has to be solid. You can learn the base from some patterns, but too often ONE certain pattern gets too much focus and then the student is stuck with that. As soon as a variation comes in, or off beat, basically, a DIFFERENT rudiment, then they are lost. That is why it is important to play for dance, because you HAVE to pick up on a lot of important rudiments and phrases that you dont' get form just strumming or guitar solos. Although, many guitar solos have them in there or are based on those patterns, a student might not pick that up by ear on from a score.

So, once the base is established properly, the fundamental beat, and some rudiments to get refer to, then when new synchopations come in to be learned, they are quickly absorbed, felt, and memorized. It is like you have a map, and you over lay the synchopations on top and can clearly see how they fit. Like in golf, you play the ball where ever it lands and don't worry so much. Same with synchopations, you just keep the beat going and things fall into place. No need to squeeze and square things into your 12 box rudiment you learned at first. You just keep a beat, it is that simple, and play the notes "as they lie" relative to the beat. You can actually learn in real time that way, by repeating or looping notes from one beat to the next, adding more as you get more solid, and never worrying about 12 or whatever, because in the end it all adds up assuming you felt each note correct relative to the beat you maintain. Like Guitarbudda said, everything is either on or off the beat in someway, so it is not so hard to figure on that small scale.

So the more patterns you learn, easier it gets to fit them over your compas "blue print".

About moraito being easy once again, my point was really that I have not heard anyone doing Moraito so correctly in rhythm, that did not ALSO know some paco, tomatito, etc. Once you learn some of those rudimentary patterns, you realize, Morao is just as hard or easy as most of the other guys, and it just comes down to taste of the style.

Ricardo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 7:45:02

Conrad

RE: Advice on Choice of Bulerias (in reply to Ricardo

Hi, Ricardo. I'd really like to learn what you mean by this:
quote:

I mean right down to what does a quarter note mean I take issue with so many transcriptions. I mean bulerias with quarter note equals 240+, that is off the scale IMO, those should be 8th notes to anyone that understands beat and groove. So many verbal arguements I have on the net about rhythm stem from folks not being aware of what bpm means when describing rhythm.

Can you elaborate? Because I know I'm guilty of doing this when I used to transcibe. I did this because I always found it easier to read a bulerias, for example, when the eighth notes represent halves of the basic beat adding up to twelve. Or maybe I just find it much easier to read because of the way the notes are less crowded and grouped in eighths. And are you saying it's only the range above 240 where you get upset? I mean yes, it's very fast, but I'd have to say that for me, it's nice if a palo or rhythm is all written in the same form to maintain consistency and avoid confusion.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2008 10:48:47
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post