Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Now I get it!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Merle

Now I get it! 

First of all, I see my last post went down hill, fast!! It started out talking and laughing about Florian's chocklate dog, then turned into how big Simon's dog's, uh, thing is! ;>)

Well, after reading some posts at the FT forum, I finally see why my playing is lousy! I have all these books and videos by Herrero, Martin, , Cordoba, Paco Pena, Serrano, etc., and now I find out that all these books are trash...

I should have started out with the Encuentro series if I wanted to learn some flamenco music! Damn, now I have wasted all this time and money, and now must go back and start all over again!!

Has anyone tried the Hannabach Flamenco strings (blue)? I was using the Hannabach Goldins, which I really like, but, I just put some Hannabach Flamenco strings on, and they sound great! Hard Tension, and very bright sound!

I've downloaded almost all of the sound clips here, and they really give me some inspiration, because there are so many wonderful guitar players here (well, except me of course)...I really like Jon's "A La Feria" sevillanas, he played it just right.

Well, I guess I will go now, as I'm bummed out from learning that I have all the wrong teaching aids, here in Utah!! I guess I'll just go work on "La Romeria", or watch the SuperBowl!!

Merle

P.S. Oh, before I leave, do you know why a dog licks himself? (not because he can)...

Because he can't make a fist!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 1 2004 16:57:52

Escribano

RE: Now I get it! (in reply to Merle

quote:

do you know why a dog licks himself?

Man: "I wish I could do that!"
Owner: "Ask him nicely and he'll probably let you"

I am impressed with one teaching aid, that of Granados, his falsetas just seem to suit me, they are done in very little bits, with a CD track and Tab for each. I have got on better with that than any other but they speed up quick!

In addition, I listen to flamenco at home, in the car and at work - the theory is that my brain gets so used to it that western music begins to sounds odd. I am listening to older stuff now, to get back a simpler style, to hear what is not played rather than what is. Montoya is a good source for this.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 1 2004 17:21:00

Patrick

RE: Now I get it! (in reply to Merle

Merle,

You are correct. All that stuff is junk. Just send it all to me along with those guitars you were supposed to send me as well, and I'll be sure and through it all away for you!

Pat
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 1 2004 23:28:58

Merle

RE: Now I get it! (in reply to Patrick

And, now the rosette decal on that second rate ukelele that El Zurdo sold me is peeling off!! :>0

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 2 2004 15:13:00

Merle

Just for the record... (in reply to Merle

to any potential El Zurdo customers, he sells high quality guitars, it's just me that makes them sound like a second rate ukalele!

So, get your orders in at LaFalseta.com, as these guitars are goin fast!

Have what you've allways wanted, a top of the line, high quality flamenco guitar, all at a reasonably priced range. All offers will be considered! Bring the entire family to the computer and pick a guitar out as a family! Your entire life will change...so...

DO IT NOW! DON'T WAIT! GET THEM WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! ;>) At LaFalseta.com, our customers come first!!

(now, back to our regular scheduled program)...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 2 2004 18:33:04

TANúñez

RE: Just for the record... (in reply to Merle

Wow Merle, that was pretty good. How much do I owe you?

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 2 2004 19:08:42

Merle

RE: Just for the record... (in reply to TANúñez

One dollar! ;)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 2 2004 19:27:17

Paco E.

RE: Just for the record... (in reply to Merle

Hi everybody,

Did somebody try to touch his or her's own elbow with the tongue?

When you can, tell me.

Ed
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 4 2004 19:39:41
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll