Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

More reports from the washerwoman   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Miguel de Maria

More reports from the washerwoman 

Theres an interesting thread on FT about Gerardo Nunez. In the midst of it all, to what should be no one's surprise is our Estela "firecracker" Zatania and RichardM. The surprise is that Richard has so far comported himself very well on what is, for him, a very touchy subject. He even shared a little bit about his background. Is he growing up or what? I guess we'll have to wait and see a bit. As far as Behzad, he seems to have taken a big step this last year, too. He is quite polite now.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 19:41:24

Paul Bruhns

RE: More reports from the washerwoman (in reply to Miguel de Maria

Miguel:

I havent read their posts yet, so I suppose I should have done this before responding, but sice I know Richard and Behzad personally and hang out with them frequently, I'm going to go ahead and respond here :-)

Richard is about as Gitano a flamenco guitarist you can get without living in Spain. That guy is by far as good as I've ever heard here in the USA. His father (John) who died not too long ago, was a highly regarded concert classical guitarist, and no doubt, Richard's early inspiration. Richard lives and breathes Flamenco, and is married to a Spanish Flamenco dancer. He understands the cante, and as an accompanyist, he can hang with ANY dancer, on any stage, regardless of the stakes. He's only in his late 20s. He will never really tell you about his whole background, but this guy parties with Tomatito and Gerardo, and when he talks about Flamenco, you might not like his comportment, but he is TOTALLY knowledgeable about what he's talking about.

And, I agree about Behzad, he's maturing! He also loves Flamenco, is getting into gigging at Washington DC Tablaus, and plays for flamenco dance classes. He has a tendency to shoot from the hip, but he is very enthusiastic and lives and breathes this stuff. If he stays on track, some day soon, he'll be a very good flamenco guitarist as well. He has good hands and a fabulous sense of rhythm. The only thing I could say critical about Behzad is he could be more disciplined in his study and practice, but he's good!

Anyway, I'll go read the thread, and probably come back here and take back everything I said! LOL

Regards,
Paul
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 20:39:25

TANúñez

RE: More reports from the washerwoman (in reply to Paul Bruhns

Hey Paul! I was thinking about you today. Was wondering where you've been. Haven't seen you around much. Hope all is well.

I think Richard is as good as you could possibly want to be. I don't recall Behzad ever being rude. I do remember ToddK busting his chops from time to time and that's about the only time I can think of him being rude.

That Gerardo thread was quite interesting though. Made for some good reading.

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 21:01:40

Phil

Richard Marlow has always struck me as a very knowledgeable guy. I assumed that he was much older. The Gerardo thread was very interesting.
Phil
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 21:18:24

Ron.M

RE: More reports from the washerwoman (in reply to Paul Bruhns

I like Richard M a lot, he's a very knowledgeable and serious guy and I always enjoy reading his posts.
Also I like Estela a lot, she's a very knowledgeable and serious lady and I enjoy her posts too.
(Also they both have a good sense of humour which I think is not always obvious.)
Guess that sums up the state of Flamenco! LOL!
I certainly have benefited from their expertise.

Viva los dos!

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 21:19:28

Paul Bruhns

Tot:

Thanks, and everything is fine (well it will be when my kid gets out of Baghdad). I haven't lost my enthusiasm for flamenco, believe me. It's only that I have little time for personal expression and entertainment since I started this new career!

As you may remember, I quit the government over protest the day we invaded Iraq. And since my wife was overwhelmed in a fledgeling business at the time, I joined her enterprise (she owns a real estate appraisal company), and we've been building it up over the past 10 months. It's doing well, but like all new endeavors, it's consuming every avalable moment.

But, I'll get my arms around the work thing, and wrestle it to the ground soon enough!

Hope all is well with you!

Regards,
Paul
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 21:26:17

Paul Bruhns

Whoops!!!! Tot was supposed to mean "Tom" El-Zurdo! Soory
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 6 2004 21:27:46
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages