Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Recent posts   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Escribano

RE: Recent posts (in reply to fevictor

That was the World-Wide Web and HTML developed at CERN in Switzerland, by Tim Berners-Lee, a Brit. It was for sharing/hyperlinking topics between academic papers on-line. He didn't plan or see the future any more than the Arctic Monkeys.

The Internet (i.e., TCP/IP communications protocol over dARPAnet) was developed/funded by the US military in 1969 to allow big, rare and very few expensive computers to talk to each other. It was adopted by Universities to share their own valuable computing resources. FTP, and SMTP/POP eMail are hangovers from those days.

Nothing to do with free-speech and it confers no rights thereof. e.g., Microsoft and Google censoring access at the request of the US and Chinese Government.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2006 23:24:39

Escribano

RE: Recent posts (in reply to PacoPaella

quote:

which was the american military network designed to survive a nuclear strike without outage

The nuclear strike stuff is a myth, I believe. It was developed to be reliable though and in 1969, who can blame them?

Al Gore said "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

Also "Gore was popularizing the term "information superhighway" in the early 1990s (although he did not, as is often claimed by others, coin the phrase himself)"

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 22 2006 23:30:16

[Deleted] (in reply to Crows

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 0:22:18

Miguel de Maria

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Guest)1 votes

romerito,
if anyone is abusing "free speech" it's you. Simon (Escribano) created this forum and filled a large void for many flamenco aficionados. He's the best moderator I have ever seen amongst many forums, and you're not fit to clean his boots with your tongue. You exude arrogance in general, but your attitude toward Simon is by far worse. Why don't you go hang out with Chuscales if you're such a badass? Get out of here...

Connect with me on Facebook, all the cool kids are doing it.
https://www.facebook.com/migueldemariaZ

Arizona Wedding Music Guitar
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 1:06:15

[Deleted] (in reply to Escribano

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 1:32:41

Florian

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Escribano

Cmon guys its exactly what ugly threads like this will do, never fix anything but create more tenshion.

Simon is a great moderator, it kinds of hurt my feelings a litlle because i have always respected him and after all we been trough (i have been here from day one) that he got on me about what i said but didnt say anything about what Anders said, but thats life. I realize Anders is his friend.

Miguel I like you , i respect you and if anyone picked on you for no reason or insulted u, best belive i would be on your side.

romerito I dont know you but i like you cause u like my jokes, and i apreciate what u said.

so please dont let the ugly nature of this tread turn even uglier, lets just talk about making the next group number or something , and let thos who wanna be part of it be part of it and let those who wanna lurk and just come up to complain do that.

please

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 1:34:38

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 1:45:40

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 2:23:14

[Deleted] (in reply to Crows

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 2:37:14

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Anders Eliasson)1 votes

quote:

I will just say that what some find to be "FUN" makes me log of

so log off no ones stopping you, if it makes you unhappy whats the point? or dont read the posts that dont interest you, or loosen up with a few drinks before you log in. either way, its all good
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 4:23:31

Crows

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Guest)1 votes

Hey....

Hold on a minute.
This has got so far out of hand.
I never intended to start this garbage.

It seems to me that not many people read my 1st post correctly.....never mentioned anything about leaving(!!!???).....read it again and think.

My only point was.......why spend so much time on the BS when there are better things to talk about???

At least Romerito's last post came out of this.

Andy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 7:44:28

Florian

And i hope this prooves a point to you Andy is really eazy to be the good guy or the villan isnt it, one wrong word 1 wrong interpretation and all the sudden its eazy to make u look bad to someone who just logged on.

u were complaining about BS, there u go .. one of the biggest treads of it, started by u ... how does it feel ?

i hope u can learn from this and either join in or make more posts about how there shouldnt be so much BS.

I am sure u not a bad guy but to someone that joined the forum today and wont read back , you can very eazy be remembered for this.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 7:53:59

Anders Eliasson

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Escribano)2 votes

Sorry, but I had to do it...... Its a Dübener ei from DDR and it´s not mine. But it´s sweet?

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 8:10:38

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Anders Eliasson

Dont come a knockin' when the vans a rockin'!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 9:42:23

Florian

hahaha ..........oh

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 9:48:03

Georg

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Crows

Well because there have not been any reactions yet, I guess that no one liked my idea of a chatroom...could at least someone say that my suggestion sucks?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 17:13:13

Escribano

RE: Recent posts (in reply to Georg

A chatroom doesn't suck but it is hard to implement on a web site effectively - it costs money and time. The authorisation models have to be integrated and with international time differences, critical mass of numbers etc. it would be a lot easier just to put your IM knick into your profile and encourage others to get chat that way.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 23 2006 18:18:48
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote