Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Graf-Martinez Flamenco Method   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Patrick

RE: Graf-Martinez Flamenco Method (in reply to TANúñez

quote:

Do you know where I can get muli-region software? I've looked before, but have not been able to find it. You can PM the info to me if you like.

Scott,

I think the best way for us to go in an NTSC region is to buy a multi version player that will play NTSC and PAL.

I found this site that has some good looking machines at a good price.

http://www.dvdoverseas.com/dvd.htm

You can buy conversion machines so we can view PAL disk, but they cost more than just buying a multi format DVD player.

That fact remains, that for us in the US, I would venture that 99.999999% of all DVD machines sold will not play a PAL DVD. It's not a function of them outputting the signal in PAL; it's the fact that they will not play, period. I have three DVD machines and when you put a PAL disk in them, they all pop up a screen that says "Format unreadable" or something to that effect. I could hook up a PAL TV to them and they still won’t work because the DVD player won’t read them. Even if the machine could read it, almost all TV's in the US are NTSC only.

So the best solution is to watch them on a computer or buy a new machine.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 15 2004 18:18:13

Patrick

quote:

Do you know where I can get muli-region software? I've looked before, but have not been able to find it.

Scott,

No need for it. If you have a DVD drive in your computer it should be able to read any disk without any additional software. If you have one and can't read a PAL disk you can get tons of free or inexpensive DVD player software. Just Google if you need it. You don't need to look for "conversion software". The computer DVD player software does it for you.

My daughters new DELL will read both disk, but she's away to collage.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 15 2004 18:25:36

Jon Boyes

RE: Graf-Martinez Flamenco Method (in reply to sbarnard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sbarnard
Anyone in Europe buy the DVDs yet? [edit]
Wow, nevermind. I found Jon Boyes comments on G-M's website!

..and you heard it here first, folks

Gerhard is quoting the review I posted here on FF (see the resources section).

So yes, the videos are available in Europe. Theres a couple of places online in the UK that stock them.

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 16 2004 8:52:49

rickm

if those that might know could post whenthe dvd is available in the us (and a good source tht would be very nice. and in keeping with the spirit of the holidays etc.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 26 2004 14:27:53
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post