Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Florian   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ron.M

RE: Florian (in reply to XXX

quote:

Grisha:
Imagine if we all met in one big get-together, but only talked about guitar and flamenco with serious faces, refraining from making any jokes. Would you really like that?

That's my view too.
I have no problem with jokes and funny stuff..so long as it doesn't get too much out of hand...in fact I'm quite a big contributor of non-Flamenco nonsense myself.
The forum goes in cycles.
Sometimes there is nothing much to talk about, so we just exchange chit chat because we're friends.
Sometimes we speak about specific techniques and our own experiences on how to best develop them.
Sometimes there are really interesting uploads good or bad, but on every one you can hear bits of your own playing that you have doubts with, whether it's timing or execution or whatever and learn or be reassured from it.
Sometimes there are great pieces of information that others have found.

The main thing is that we all enjoy Flamenco guitar and would like to get better at doing it.

I used to email folk who took the miff and try to get them to come back etc.

I don't do that anymore.

Folk come and go and come back again.

Folk have different and very real situations happening on the ground, not just on an Internet forum and need space to deal with it.

But basically I can't see anything that's happened since the beginning of this Forum that threatens is existence in the least.

If anything, we have more members than ever and increasingly so every month...and it's totally free!

Just as your choices are.

cheers

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 16 2006 20:32:44

koella

RE: Florian (in reply to Ron.M

I like the fact that the foromembers that are replying and advising the most are also the ones with a good sense of humor ( Ron, Ricardo, Florian, Grisha etc.)

So let humor be a good companion to this forum.

You should know there's also a social aspect to flamenco.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 16 2006 21:15:21

RE: Florian (in reply to koella

Yeah i like the humour (i agree with what Ron says, as long as it doesnt get out of hand). It makes all the difference between a dull lifeless forum full of stiffnecked partypoopers, and a vibrant fun forum full of life and unique charactors. Its just the same in here as anywhere, theres always gonna be some wet blanket who doesn't like it when others are funny and they are not. Imagine this forum with no humour...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 17 2006 4:10:02

koella

RE: Florian (in reply to Ron.M

I totally agree Dominic
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 17 2006 6:55:11
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread