Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Update cookies preferences

RE: I change my opinion about Vicente Amigo   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

bahen

RE: I change my opinion about Vicent... (in reply to JasonM

Reviving an older thread here just to say that Vicente's concert in London on Thursday was spectacular. Certainly picado heavy, and the bassist was superfluous + distracting, but excellent overall. His encore piece was a variation of Roma, and it was astonishingly moving (I got teary!).

Does anyone recognise the dancer? The singer is Rafael de Utrero (a bit kitsch, but hey, no one is perfect).

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 9 2024 14:34:15

Stu

RE: I change my opinion about Vicent... (in reply to bahen

Dancer is dani navarro. He's pretty good eh?

I kinda like Rafaels style but I know what you mean. He doesn't seem to turn as bright red in the face as he used to. Always got worried he was gonna black out and collapse mid note.

Looks like you had decent seats. I was a bit further back.

Was it me or did vicentes sound levels seem off? At least during the first few songs?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 9 2024 18:36:10

Brendan

RE: I change my opinion about Vicent... (in reply to Stu

The sound was off for the first few songs, the singers were tapping their ears and signalling to the desk. Even after they sorted it out, the EQ was set to rock and the excessive reverb made everything sound kinda noisy and annoying. Some of this may be me and my hearing aids which may make me oversensitive to noisy, bassy music. Still, though, I would have preferred standup acoustic bass, or no bass at all.

I realised that Amigo and I were born within a few days of each other. His picado sounded fine to me, youthful and springy.

https://sites.google.com/site/obscureflamencology/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 9 2024 23:47:14

JasonM

RE: I change my opinion about Vicent... (in reply to Brendan

Here’s a video of the bulerías medley that showed up on my YouTube feed. Kinda what he’s been doing since I last saw him live in 2017

https://youtu.be/ak9cJZS_GSw?si=a8uE5WpZ1aUgPXcv

Shucks I can’t figure out how to edit the URL to make it embed. I’m getting too old and lazy

He skipped over the coolest falseta from the whole album imo, the picado in the bujería towards the end of the Manuela track.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 10 2024 23:47:04

AndresK

RE: I change my opinion about Vicent... (in reply to JasonM

This happens to me too when I post from my mobile. If I do it through the desktop pc it automatically fixes itself once I open it on Youtube and copy the url from there. And voila.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 10 2024 23:51:40
Page:   <<   <   1 2 [3]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post