Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Flamenco in Madrid   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

devilhand

Flamenco in Madrid 

Today I've enjoyed this documentary released as part of excibition Flamenco Chipen. For anyone who is currently in Madrid it's a must-see exhibition.

https://www.comunidad.madrid/en/actividades/2024/exposicion-flamenco-chipen

I haven't recognized R.Riqueni. He looks like a university prof now. There's also a rare picture of G.Nunez and El Borrico in this documentary.

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 17 2024 17:06:30

Ricardo

RE: Flamenco in Madrid (in reply to devilhand

Thanks for sharing. I got to work with Tati a few times, she is a character. I like how Gerardo said the bar had so many guitars, the next day you might open the case and it is some other guy’s guitar in there!

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 18 2024 14:40:09

devilhand

RE: Flamenco in Madrid (in reply to Ricardo

Talking about G. Nunez, it's hard to watch how he tries to avoid using his index fiinger. Any theory about what really happened? I read the car door accident but it might be because of the overuse.
Btw, that picture on the wall is rare because of the fact that you can't find a video where G. Nunez accompanying cante.

Say No to Fuera de Compás!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 20 2024 18:07:52

Ricardo

RE: Flamenco in Madrid (in reply to devilhand

quote:

ORIGINAL: devilhand

Talking about G. Nunez, it's hard to watch how he tries to avoid using his index fiinger. Any theory about what really happened? I read the car door accident but it might be because of the overuse.
Btw, that picture on the wall is rare because of the fact that you can't find a video where G. Nunez accompanying cante.

He cancelled all concerts in 2008 for about 3 months. I was asked to cover one in Pittsburgh for people that did not want a refund. I asked him about it and he did mention the car at the time. His friend said it was a car door incident and Gerardo said whoever this friend was that closed the door on his hand is very embarrassed and refuses to reveal the person. When he returned to playing I saw him that year and he was playing ok but missing some notes here and there. It gave him psychological pause. The weird thing is Gerardo NEVER looks down at his right hand, EVER. He doesn’t know what it looks like (unless he used a mirror at some point). But after he “healed” or whatever, he was missing notes. There could have been damage done by overtraining to recover what he might have believed was physical damage to the finger, but I don’t know. 2 years later the finger was “floating” when not being used for apoyando. The arpegio is the most affected, but basic strumming too.

Here is some bulerias accompaniment (this was part of his concert where the singer is brought a guest to sing for the dance portion, so not a proper cante situation):

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 22 2024 12:00:03
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll