Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Felipe Conde Crespo (Junior )   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Manitas de Lata

RE: Felipe Conde Crespo (Junior ) (in reply to Ricardo

dont know what you mean with other houses.
If many reports are related of them seen media luna in more than one factory...
either way not my issue , i dont have one...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 10 2024 17:54:22

Ricardo

RE: Felipe Conde Crespo (Junior ) (in reply to Manitas de Lata

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manitas de Lata

dont know what you mean with other houses.
If many reports are related of them seen media luna in more than one factory...
either way not my issue , i dont have one...

Ok. You brought this whole issue to the front a few weeks ago with the jordi vs Mariano videos. I thought you understood clearly already, there are different cases de conde, ie, houses of operation where these guitars are coming out of. There is Gravina 7 (the old one), the Atocha (the second oldest one) and after the conde brothers died these were run by the viudas or widows of Faustino and Julio. Mariano set his sons Felipe and Mariano up at Felipe V. So, during the 90s there were 3 houses called “Conde Hermanos” and the guitars that came out of each were similar looking, but different in construction, AND PRICE. The Instruments from Widows were obviously contracted out, and in the Case of ATocha at least, we knew it was Sanchis. The Gravina ones remained mysterious. meanwhile Felipe V prices went way up for the A models, insinuation being they actually constructed those instruments (you get what you pay for type thing), while the prices at the other HOUSES (Atocha, and Gravina) often reflected closer to the price of the outsourced equivalent make (Sanchis at 1200=Conde Atocha at 1500, more or less. Truth being Widow at Gravina was up charging quite a bit more). Because it was true facts and known that lower end B models, and even top models from the other houses (Atocha, Gravina) were made in VALENCIA, the rumors started coming out that ALL condes are made in Valencia, the sons at Felipe V overcharging, pretending to build guitars, etc., go along with it. From my perspective, most people involved in the rumors could NOT actually distinguish between the 3 houses, much less between models or sound/feel, so their ignorance drove the rumor and still does. The other day when you brought out the “Average joe” quote, it seemed to me you also did not understand the distinction there.

However, here we are with somebody out right lying about this issue to some degree, and that is the issue I have, is who is lying, why, and who makes the better guitar if not the person claiming to.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 11 2024 13:41:41

Manitas de Lata

well one thing we know for sure , Conde Atocha first category guitar have outsource rosete like others , so , a expensive "artesana" guitar have rosete like 1k or less guitars, and or other factory guitars
And of course of all of you said , all very "strage"

2k 4k 8k guitars with same factory rosete, and they dont hide it as you see , well the explanation is , thats why they keep the price "cheap"

If the true is out , the price will drop at least 2nd hand and many people will visit them or feel cheated
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 11 2024 19:31:20

Ricardo

quote:

If the true is out , the price will drop at least 2nd hand and many people will visit them or feel cheated

As a player I see the exact opposite. Which ever “factory” guitars should go UP. Hermanos Sanchis Lopez did infact increase a lot in the 2000’s. As did some Mexican Paracho guitars that revealed competitive quality. That is why it doesn’t make sense, at this point, that some “secret” builder would not have made himself known about Conde. (Unless I missed the memo that Esteve/Adalid is now 8-10k!)

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2024 10:35:57

Manitas de Lata

it doesnt make sense for you... , you probably right , or not....

we can see that they dont want to risk... their afraid for the outcome

Personally i dont see that positive way that you see, its like you buy a premium car ,or a premium something that it says thats their built and you pay for it... after all you discover or someone whistleblow that your ferrari was produce in the Fiat factory or other one that dont have any relation like renault , Vw whatever

or you go to a 3 star michelin chef restaurant and you supose get a meal from him and or from his staff , but after all he outsource the meal for another restaurant

Quite outrageous

But we all now that some cars have engine built or and chassis or and other componentes from someone else , but they dont hide it (at least right now)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2024 11:07:20

Ricardo

quote:

we can see that they dont want to risk... their afraid for the outcome

Oh I see. The risk of more value and prestige to their junky work. Brilliant.

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2024 11:20:07

Manitas de Lata

people arent racional as you or as often you might think...
try to explain " I know that its not what you expected , but it also good or even better"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2024 12:16:31
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post