Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

F7 Paco redux   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

GarySchiltz

F7 Paco redux 

I'm thinking of getting a Cordoba F7 Paco, since I'm not (yet?) either a serious classical guitarist nor a serious flamenco guitarist, so would probably be fine with a compromise at this point. Since this model is advertized as a flamenco guitar, I came here looking for opinions. The only thread that I've seen is from 2016. It didn't really seem that helpful, and the original author hasn't apparently been online since 2018. Anyone have any good or bad opinions based on firsthand or secondhand experience to add here?

Gary Schiltz
Mindo, Ecuador
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 4 2023 15:14:55

xirdneH_imiJ

RE: F7 Paco redux (in reply to GarySchiltz

I've found this comparison for you - the Yamaha is generally regarded on the foro as a fine guitar for someone in your situation, with a good quality to value ratio. I haven't played the Córdoba but it must be very similar in feel and obviously its price is quite friendly too. These guitars are generally easier to re-sell than higher priced instruments so you really can't go wrong here. As you progress and both your skills and your ears improve you will probably want to upgrade so you have time to save money too. What is for sure is that this guitar will be sufficient - however you'll have to think about the setup. Flamenco guitars are set up considerably lower than classical guitars, which changes both the tone and the feel of the instruments. You will most likely struggle to learn flamenco techniques as quickly and efficiently if your strings are set up too high - you will still be able to play classical with a lower setup, but the tone will likely suffer a little bit (as the low setup likely results in a little buzzing too on the bass side).
I'd encourage you to keep reading the foro as it really has so much information, you're likely to find the answer to anything you'd like.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Oct. 10 2023 15:10:53
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post