Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: hiring translator-anybody tried ?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

RobF

RE: hiring translator-anybody tried ? (in reply to rafapak

quote:

ORIGINAL: rafapak

quote:

But some of this seems like stuff a 52 year old should know.

I ask questions because i have never been to malaga before so how would I know anything about public transport in malaga area ?

Something about this reminds me of the kind of thing another member will occasionally come up with. For example:

“I've never heard of necroposting before. So my posts have nothing to do with it.” - said after being responsible for a particularly prolific spate of necroposts.

I don’t want to name names but here’s a hint: the above quote is now known in legal circles as the “devilhand defence”.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2023 17:20:56

Stu

RE: hiring translator-anybody tried ? (in reply to rafapak

quote:

I ask questions because i have never been to malaga before so how would I know anything about public transport in malaga area ?

I don't expect you would know the times and frequency of public transport links but you can safely assume that people travel between cities in cars, buses, coaches and trains.

I've never been to Rome before but im certain they have cars buses coaches and trains to travel between cities.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2023 1:57:08

Ricardo

RE: hiring translator-anybody tried ? (in reply to RobF

I can’t wait until he buys the guitar but then asks how to take it on the plane, too scared to risk it, so ends up living the rest of his life in Malaga playing in Tablaos eating tapas, drinking manzanilla, etc.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2023 11:50:16

Stu

RE: hiring translator-anybody tried ? (in reply to Ricardo

😂😂
I've been playing for over 20 years and I still haven't mastered the art of taking it on the plane. So don't ask me rafa! 😄

Maybe he can sofa surf on pims couch until he moves in with the local bailaora and thus completes the dream flamenco destiny Id always hoped for for myself....and all without even knowing how to play a single compas of solea.

Some guys have all the luck.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 5 2023 23:18:23
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote