Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Buying a first flamenco guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Guirito

Buying a first flamenco guitar 

Hello,

New to the forum, I live in Canada and am learning Flamenco lightly since a few years but last months took a teacher. He is a classical guitar professional but also a flamenco guitarist. So I am learning more seriously and am playing currently on a Cuenca 40R on which I installed golpeadores. Now I am considering buying a first real flamenco guitar, I guess for my on playing pleasure and to get into it even more seriously. It's tough to find flamenco guitars in Canada that are not factory built and so I cannot play lots of different guitars. Based on this and my researches I am considering to order from a local dealer a Camps Primera Negra (maybe the A version) This gives you any idea of my budget. It looks a bit more versatile than the bianca version and all the reviews I have seen so far are positive. Any advice or maybe other brands/models would be greatly appreciated. I am not too much in the "buy online or without trying" thing (never did) but in the case of a Flamenco guitar it's almost impossible for me to try different brands.

Edit: correction of guitar model
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 9 2020 1:27:00

Morante

RE: Buying a first flamenco guitar (in reply to Guirito

Hola

My friend John from the Peña Flamenca de Irlanda has a Gerundino. But having to play out, often with amps, he bought a Camps with built in pick up and is very pleased. Now, in gigs, he only plays his Camps. Seems they are a good buy. Alhambra is another safe buy.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 9 2020 23:58:07

AndresK

Camps have a great reputation. I have not played them.

Alhambra I have played and are great for the money. 2F is a great economic flamenco with great playability and sound.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 10 2020 17:19:56

Guirito

RE: Buying a first flamenco guitar (in reply to AndresK

Hello,

Thanks for the replies, I ended up trying several guitars but the Camps Primera was by far the easiest to play. The neck is thin and comfortable. As it is brand new I think it still needs a bit of time to settle but the sound packs already a good punch with definition and good sustain.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 28 2020 1:31:28

theslawdawg

Nice!!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 15 2020 18:22:54
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages