Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Help! Enrique De Melchor tab for Carmin   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Mikael

Help! Enrique De Melchor tab for Carmin 

Hi!
Ive been trying to find a tab for Carmin (rumba) by Enrique De Melchor!
Do anybody know where i can find it?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 2 2006 10:44:59

Danny of Stockport

RE: Help! Enrique De Melchor tab for... (in reply to Mikael

Yo mikael,
I've not been on here for AGES so sorry you haven't had an answer for so long.
You could try www.affedis.com I know they're planning to bring out a new Enrique De Melchor tab book 7 cd this year (2006)
Hope this helps,
Danny of Stockport
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 7 2006 12:16:05

Mikael

Danny of Stockport

I´ve looked att affedis.com and they dont have it!
Cant find it anywhere!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2006 18:44:24

Danny of Stockport

Hi Mikael.
No problems there. It's not on his site yet. Here is the e mail A Faucher sent me;
Dan

New book, coming soon:

ENRIQUE DE MELCHOR
HERENCIA GITANA

6 pieces, music notation + tablature, cd included, featuring :
Farruca, Taranto, Fandango de Huelva, Guajira, Colombiana, Bulerias
+ a few single falsetas, 34 euros + mailing fees

The really best of his compositions, with cd included (we are still waiting for the last authorizations before the making of the cds)

This book is not yet available, you will be advised as soon as it will be released (likely around april 15th). Please do not order it until its availability be actually announced.

Enrique de Melchor is certainly one of the most important present-day flamenco guitarists, for his superb compositions as much as his place as a kind of « teacher », by making clear and understandable the modern style, i.e. Paco de Lucia or Tomatito’s innovations. He has incorporated all these advances into his personal style where the musical contents remains the first quest.
Yet being part of the renewal generation, he is not considered as a real innovator, and many guitarists seem rather - or exclusively - interested in the latest releases of the youngest creators of the new wave. However the musicality of Enrique’s creations – especially the ones I choosed for the book - give to his work a central place within the repertoire. I confess that I have seldom had as much pleasure as when practicing the over mentionned pieces, while preparing the book.
Unfortunately some of his albums are suffering from a bad recording quality, where an exaggerated reverb and a very metallic sound do not help an enjoyable listening. This may also have moved away part of the public from him, unable to fully appreciate his music. This is the reason why the book will help focusing again on Enrique de Melchor and discover his magnificent music. Those who did not know all his toques will have a great surprise with what this new AFFEDIS book, Herencia gitana, brings them.

Hope this helps.
Danny Of Stockport
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 13 2006 20:02:31
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll