Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

2014 Stephen Faulk Palo Escrito-Spruce   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

estebanana

2014 Stephen Faulk Palo Escrito-Spruce 

I recently took this guitar back in trade from a Foro member who bought a 2017 blanca. I'm selling it from my shop in Japan, but thought I would offer it here too.

The scale is 650 mm. Nut 52 mm Action 3.5 bass 2.5 treble at 12th fret. Currently set up at 9 mm bass @ saddle and 8 mm treble @ saddle. Plays really clean. Easy to play, saddle a tiny bit high by flamenco standards, but you can still rip alzapua with no problems. If you were willing to go lower with some buzz you could get a mm lower at saddle.

This guitar has a more negra sound on the clearer side, and honestly I think it's a great guitar if you wanted to gig and play classical and flamenco at the same gig without changing guitars. At some point the set up was changed from how I originally let it out of the shop and I found it unsatisfactory. I re worked the nut seating the strings properly and the guitar bloomed out with more depth. The treble 'e' is especially nice, but overall balance is good.

Two Foro members have played this guitar if you need a referral on how it sounds. I can connect you via private email.

Shipping from Japan via Japan Post EMS Service approx. $120.00 US includes nifty wine red case.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (3)

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 14 2018 8:37:20

estebanana

RE: 2014 Stephen Faulk Palo Escrito-... (in reply to estebanana

Here's sound sample, don't pick on me for my playing....I know is out of compas and etc. I just wanted to answer the question, is it growly?

I don't know, is it?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 18 2018 5:31:45

estebanana

I changed the strings to La Bella 820, did a little more set up work. This guitar is really nice. I'm upping the price based on how beautiful the voice is. $3400.00 US and a worth every bit and more.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2018 12:31:42

pjn

Cuidado –– I am the original owner of this guitar; it wasn't what I ordered but I had no choice other than to accept it and re-sell it. It wouldn't sell after more than two years in Bruné's shop so I ultimately sold it on eBay last year for $1,900 –– I have all the paperwork to prove it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2018 18:27:31

estebanana

RE: 2014 Stephen Faulk Palo Escrito-... (in reply to pjn

Funny, it was owned by some one after you who testified it is a wonderful instrument. And others who played it. Two Foro members who are well known will testify that it sings.

And don't bring the Brune's into this matter, it's not their problem to be dragged into your personal issues with a guitar.

I traded to get it back to see for myself if it had issues, and it doesn't. I took it back, went over the set up, refurbished the French polish and removed the tap plate. It's an excellent guitar in the Santos Hernandez manner circa 1927 upon which it it based. And which you agreed to, I have the the emails, but since they are private I would never share them. If you share private correspondence between myself or the Brune's you will be in violation of the terms of our contract and of this website.

If you are unhappy, I'm sorry, it's time for you to move on and stop dissing my work.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2018 19:26:09

Leñador

quote:

Cuidado –– I am the original owner of this guitar; it wasn't what I ordered but I had no choice other than to accept it and re-sell it

Just because it’s not what you wanted does not mean it’s a bad guitar. I’m the one that got it and I was very happy with it for about a year. The only reason I traded it back was another Stephen Faulk crossed my path that I absolutely had to have and the only way I could afford it was the trade.
It’s a great guitar, hands down.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2018 21:10:40
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll