Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Aaron Green blanca   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

itoprover

Aaron Green blanca 

It is been a while since I posted but I just wanted to do a short review post for the 2008 Aaron Green blanca after 10 years of owning and having it as a primary axe for all occasions. I also owned and tried quite a few high end flamenco guitars since I started playing flamenco back in 2002.

Brief overall tone decsription: a killer mix of typical Reyes midrange and Barbero basses. The trebles sound different and from what I hear from other players
are characteristic for the most Aaron's guitars, they are lyrical, sweet-singing when the melody is played on trebles but on the other hand add to overall driving growl when compas is strummed.

Best matching strings: Full set of LaBella 2001 Classical Med Tension, or Savarez Corum MT Basses with LaBella 2001 MT trebles.

When amplified: very powerful mid-range without cranking up the gain knob. I typically use Shure SM-81 condenser with AER Compact 60 (used as monitor with a line out feeding the mainboard for larger venues)

Action set-up: I typically go for a medium / low setup (2.8mm bass / 2.6mm treble) but for this particular instrument I find that the perfect action is about 3.0mm on bass and 2.8mm treble side. The neck profile itself is so comfortable for my hands so there is no point to go any lower.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 11 2018 2:27:09

Ruphus

RE: Aaron Green blanca (in reply to itoprover

It seems evident that it is no mushy and a lyrical one. But the technical recording conditions are not too much of support.
Sounds as if standing waves were eating off lower frequency content.

Congrats for the satisfaction!

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 11 2018 6:19:48
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll