Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Guitar Display Case   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

RobJe

RE: Guitar Display Case (in reply to Pimientito

Looks promising.

Be careful with lights and overheating of the cabinet. If you want to use them, do your research and find low temperature solutions. I would put them on a timer to avoid accidentally leaving them on for long periods.

Direct sun would of course be bad, but even bright indirect light has the potential to turn a new whitish blanca a nice honey colour if that's what you would like.

I am not sure about humidity where you would live but you probably need to do some research and think about it. Probably the opposite problem to North America. I doubt if you will need a wet sponge! You could install a monitoring system with external display (or send to your phone).

I saw a website where some of the issues are discussed including the problem of sealing - perhaps you have found it already.

http://danlovesguitars.com/2013/10/how-to-make-humidified-guitar-cabinet/

Rob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2017 15:39:32

Leñador

RE: Guitar Display Case (in reply to RobJe

Escribano is right, drastic changes are the most dangerous but there is an ideal humidity range to be at and 1,00 ways to deal with that. Do LED tape lights or LED puck lights, heat won't be an issue. Do check the quality of light on what you buy though, cheaper LEDs can be pretty stark, you'll want warm lights.

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 25 2017 16:50:04

Pimientito

RE: Guitar Display Case (in reply to Leñador

Finally my gun cabinet has been adapted. Alberto made some feet which he added to the bottom, the gun racks were removed and replaced with guitar hooks, the floor of the cabinet re- felted with red fabric and all the wood work made good.
So in total the cabinet was 35 euros
Hooks, fabric and materials 60 euros
Labour 90 euros

Total 185 euros

Thats much better than any custom cabinet I could have had made. If I lived in another climate I would be more worried about the humidity and temperature of the cabinet but I have had guitars hanging on the walls here for years with no problems. I would not leave them displayed in an uninhabited house for any time though.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (3)

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 13 2017 10:05:36
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote