Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Nuestro Flamenco- nothing sarcastic today   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

estebanana

Nuestro Flamenco- nothing sarcastic ... 

Today is a rare occasion I find myself with a low supply of sarcasm, and will not waste any of it to announce this podcast.

I think both young and seasoned listeners will find this one interesting. Buried in here is a rendition of a Sabicas solo by a contemporary player. And a very protracted solea with some strong solid guitar playing and Carmen Linares singing Fernanda lines not exactly like Fernanda, but in a way I can't bring myself to dislike.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/audios/nuestro-flamenco/nuestro-flamenco-flamenco-joven-conde-duque-20-09-16/3727381/

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2016 1:39:44

RobJe

RE: Nuestro Flamenco- nothing sarcas... (in reply to estebanana

Nice stuff!

Ah .. Carmen Linares. I listen to a lot of her stuff. Her rather flat and uncoloured (in a nice way) voice sends shivers down my spine. I met her once in London - pretty unassuming and humble I thought.

There is a wonderful shot of her as an embarrassed looking teenager in the later part of Rito y Geografïa del cante Flamenco (2,3) _ Niños cantaores. All of these kids are ether old or dead now.

Rob

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2016 12:43:22

Paul Magnussen

RE: Nuestro Flamenco- nothing sarcas... (in reply to estebanana

quote:

here is a rendition of a Sabicas solo by a contemporary player

Do you mean contemporary [with Sabicas], or modern?

I only use it the first way, myself; but so many people use it to mean modern (all through Wikipedia, for example) that I always get confused.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 21 2016 16:00:49

estebanana

RE: Nuestro Flamenco- nothing sarcas... (in reply to Paul Magnussen

By contemporary I mean a person who is concertizng now, today, in current times. Not a comment on modern or non modern style players, I wrote it to avoid going into that.

I understand the confusion, if I had used it to mean someone from Sabicas' era I would have written it more like - a Sabicas solo performed by one of his contemporaries....or performed by a guitarist of the Sabicas era etc.

I think I left it up to the listener to discover the meaning of who is who, because it is surprising. If I were writing an essay or a book or even *gasp* a wiki entry I would have been exact and not left it hanging.

If that makes you feel better. :)

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 22 2016 3:52:35
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll