Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Please some advice   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

trebol17

Please some advice 

Please some advice. I do not know which products to buy to play on the street ,course Flamenco.I have only the guitar but would need a microphone and amplifier. I would like to choose any cheap and acceptable. I do not need too much volume that is heard only 6 or 7 meters and if possible an amplifier with battery. Any advice?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 5 2015 17:37:04

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to trebol17

I have been reviewing the page Thomann and this is what I found as amplifiers: Harley Benton CG-10X Street (10w), Microcube roland (2w), Artec pmd3-8 (20w), Artec cubix gr (25W), Line 6 Microspider (6w).Has anyone had any experience with any of them?
For microphone was thinking in this one: the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
I do not have any experience with these things. So any suggestions are welcome, Thanks.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 5 2015 20:02:51

Escribano

Roland Microcube is a lovely little amp. Battery powered, lasts forever. Mic. and MP3 inputs, plenty of effects and sounds for electrics, but not sure about a flamenco via the mic. input.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 5 2015 20:41:12

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Escribano

I have exactly the same doubt whether, if will sound via microphone. Thank you very much for your answer. With these examples of amplifiers and microphone I have written, someone thinks it will sound more or less naturally and with enough volume so that it is heard at 6 or 7 meters radius ?
The problem is investment , you can always find better microphones or amplifier but are a bit expensive for me right now .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 9:31:08

Morante

I have one of these, which I use with electric guitar, when it can be quite loud. I have just tried it with a dynamic mic and it works in all modes, mic and guitar. You should try it in the shop as it is only 3 watts.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 10:47:00

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Morante

Thanks. Which amplifier do you have? I would like to try at the Shop but these products are from thomann web site. So, Physically I think I can only try the Roland Micro Cube in a shop perhaps if I may. It is more advisable condenser microphone dynamic or vice versa?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 11:30:23

Escribano

quote:

someone thinks it will sound more or less naturally and with enough volume so that it is heard at 6 or 7 meters radius ?

The Roland might struggle with that distance on a busy street through a mic. Have you thought about a contact pickup via the guitar input?

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 11:41:43

Blondie#2

Asking for natural sound, with volume to be heard on the street on tiny budget is a big ask.

In my experience you need a lot more volume outdoors, especially on the street with other background noise to compete with. What works 6 or 7 meters away indoors is completely different outside.

Most small battery amps are designed with electric guitar in mind and will be tweaked accordingly, your guitar will sound very squashed, thin, metallic and harsh, so look for an amp designed for acoustic guitar or a mini pa, you'll get a better sound (usually means a larger speaker). With some of those you list you are also paying for stuff you don't need (chorus? delay?)

I started out with one of these and it did the job quite well:
http://www.amazon.com/Peavey-Portable-Battery-Operated-System/dp/B004LRP562

This would be good too:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-Passport-7-Watt-1x6-5-Inch-Portable/dp/B00AWMR9SC

Finally, I also think you will find miking up through a tiny amp on the street to be unrealistic. For a budget pick-up you can use with any guitar (not fitting required) check out the Kremona one that fits on the tie block. You'll need a preamp with that though as its passive.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 11:53:38

Dudnote

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Blondie#2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blondie#2
Finally, I also think you will find miking up through a tiny amp on the street to be unrealistic. For a budget pick-up you can use with any guitar (not fitting required) check out the Kremona one that fits on the tie block. You'll need a preamp with that though as its passive.

The Kremona has been writen about several times here, it looks really great but many say it is very fragile. On this thread people talk about Bartlett mics, it's roughly twice the price, but if it lasts twice as long....
http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=169360&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=&tmode=&smode=&s=#229818

Ay compañerita de mi alma
tú ahora no me conoces.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 12:29:24

trebol17

Thanks for all this information, at the thomann's web I red that line 6 Microspider it's an amplifier for acoustic guitar, so could it work?
I cant find that peavey in spanish Amazon. I think this is going to be more complicated than I thought.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 13:49:11

Blondie#2

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Dudnote

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dudnote
The Kremona has been writen about several times here, it looks really great but many say it is very fragile. On this thread people talk about Bartlett mics, it's roughly twice the price, but if it lasts twice as long....

Yes, its an entry level cheap pick up. The Kremona NG1 is 65 quid in the UK, the cheapest Bartlett here (the one that needs phantom power) is £190, roughly triple the price. If the OP was considering this kind of level of gear I wouldn't be recommending the Kremona or indeed those tiny amps to begin with. Bartlett mics have a great rep, but a Bartlett mic through a little 3 watt battery powered amp??

TBH trebol the best way to get good information would be to start with your max. budget, and also a bit more about where you will be playing and why (to practice/amuse yourself and friends or to make money?). You have to consider all the links in the audio chain, and match them accordingly.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 14:39:22

trebol17

Thanks a lot, my máx it's 200 euros and I 'll for earn money.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 15:18:58

trebol17

I wIll play for earn some money
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 15:47:59

Miguel de Maria

If you're going cheap, you might try one of these:

http://www.tmart.com/PYLE-PRO-PWMA230-200W-VHF-Wireless-Battery-Powered-PA-System-Black_p260265.html?cc=USD&fixed_price=us_us&gclid=CjwKEAjw96aqBRDNhM6MtJfE-wYSJADiMfgg1s7TwHVHYLZblXuEfwN6DoN70cdd_owEGWFGRHxZuhoCZ4nw_wcB

Have never heard one myself.

I used to gig with an older, two-speaker version of this with an extra rechargeable battery. It never let me down, and sounded fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-Expedition-Express-Rechargeable-Bluetooth/dp/B00DJL8V9E

I don't like guitar amps for nylon-string guitar.

Connect with me on Facebook, all the cool kids are doing it.
https://www.facebook.com/migueldemariaZ

Arizona Wedding Music Guitar
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 17:33:14

Miguel de Maria

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Miguel de Maria

Actually, the Samson I owned was more like this unit:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMXPL200?siid=171395

...and here is the battery

http://www.amazon.com/Samson-RB2030-Expedition-Rechargeable-Battery/dp/B000QCK5ZC

12" speaker for a full sound, "250" watts, and the battery lasts 4+ hours. Flatter frequency response than an amp, you can fly it on a stand, it gets loud. It is a heavy ba$tard, though, with the battery.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 17:41:46

trebol17

Wow! I'm a spanish living in Poland and here I didn't find nothing like that. Thanks so much, I 'll check if can order from Europa.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 19:44:48

Sr. Martins

quote:

I 'll check if can order from Europa

Check Thomann, Musicstore, etc.

"Ya no me conoce el sol, porque yo duermo de dia"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2015 20:05:11

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Sr. Martins

I'll do it, thanks.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2015 6:48:12

trebol17

What do you think about this one?http://www.thomann.de/es/samson_xp40i.htm
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2015 9:41:24

Miguel de Maria

From the Samson website:

Aplauz SP.ZO.O.
Graniczna 19
Lomianki
Postal Code 05-092
Poland
Phone: 48 22 751 42 39
Fax: 48 22 751 42 44

The unit you found looks pretty good, just be aware that it is small and will probably tend to sound tinny and struggle to get loud. It might work for playing in the street, but it might not be acceptable for paid work. It does appear that things are significantly more expensive in Europe.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2015 13:42:11

trebol17

Thanks for all this information, I'm still thinKing to buy it or choose another option.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2015 20:27:02

trebol17

I translated this text with Google translator I hope someone can understand something.

Now, I really need your help please.
Anyway, like I said I want something cheap because I do not have a lot of money right now. I finally decided on these products to play flamenco street, but of course, have left some details that did not take into account.
The full Thomann be asked this:

http://www.thomann.de/es/samson_xp40i.htm
http://www.thomann.de/es/the_tbone_ovid_system_guitar_bundle.htm
http://www.thomann.de/es/millenium_pp2b.htm

A cheap, but in the end the joke cost me 270 euros.
What has happened is that a fellow forum here that I appreciate your collaboration has told me that this type of speaker could not connect a condenser microphone, then I called Thomann to ask and have answered me that in principle it would be no problem because they feed on the external source Phantom but still would not know what kind of result would why this type of speaker is more correct for dynamic microphones. Besides told me it would be a matter of taste and that if I am not satisfied because would have 30 days to return.
Someone who knows more about it than I do, what do in my place?
I guess part of the problem is solventarian buying a dynamic microphone instead of a capacitor.
What happens is that this particular had chosen (the t.bone Ovid System CC 100) has great views, seems comfortable and saves space. Besides a couple of flamingos think that works very well for this type of guitar.
On the other hand, before yesterday I was testing a dynamic micro audix and sounded good about, but I got the feeling that I had to play much between placing, mixer and so on, that to play in the street I think It will be a joke and if you're over mixer not know ...
Do you think? I'm going to the game or for dynamic one?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 8:31:48

trebol17

I will try to explain it with my words.
Finally I decided to buy these 3 products, later somebody told me that this mic won't work With that amp, so I called to thomann and they told me that will work, but they don't understand why I prefer buy a condenser microphone.
the question is that after read few opinions of this mic I think that can be better and confortable for me than a cheap dynamic mic.
So, should I buy this 3 products to make sound my guitar in this context? ?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 16:38:23

Sr. Martins

Why do you want a condenser to play in the street? To pick up the wind better and have feedback easier?

Does it need to be a cheap dynamic or you think that dynamics are cheap and condensers are better?

"Ya no me conoce el sol, porque yo duermo de dia"
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 16:44:42

bernd

The Ovid system was used by some guitarist on a German acoustic forum. They all disrecommendet it, because of its unreliability by wear and tear. The quality of the mechanics are very poor and soon got broken.

My choice would be the clip mic by Bruce Bartlett.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 17:06:53

Leñador

I know very little about sound equipment but I do know that condensor mics have no business busking...

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 18:47:54

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Sr. Martins

I don't want Just the micro for play on the street, I Just thought that could be better to buy this one than a cheap dynamic mic for that price. That doesn't meen in my opinión dynamic microphones are cheap.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 19:05:12

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to bernd

How much that one?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 19:07:18

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to Leñador

What it meens busking?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 19:09:30

trebol17

RE: Please some advice (in reply to bernd

I would like also but it's too expensive. You know I found the amplifier on thomann's web so would be better for me to buy everything there and Dont pay for shipment in few places.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 12 2015 19:20:52
Page:   [1] 2    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post