Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Niño Miguel: Vals Flamenco   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

bernd

Niño Miguel: Vals Flamenco 

Does anyone have a transcription of Niño Miguel´s Vals Flamenco, please?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 12 2015 23:50:52

Dudnote

RE: Niño Miguel: Vals Flamenco (in reply to bernd

Somewhere in the tabs section there is a thread that mentions a book with it in. I had saved the title to my phone but lost the file early today cause my phone is crap

Did you try "search"? Here is a guy playing through it slow and clearly - would get you well on your way.
http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=165084&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=vals%2Cflamenco&tmode=&smode=&s=#165084

I'd love to try this piece (especially now my kids are learning violin and cello), but there's still more than enough stoppers in his other vals, fandango and farruca to keep me busy for some time to come. Enough to make me think one day I should try learning something simple too - pero mañana, mañana

Enjoy!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 0:47:09

Dudnote

Ah ha, found it. This was the thread with the link to the book.

http://www.foroflamenco.com/tm.asp?m=262812&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 0:56:21

Dudnote

Just found this old documentory. Plenty of variations around what you hear on the albums. The Vals Flamenco is at about 16 minutes.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 1:08:23

Dudnote

RE: Niño Miguel: Vals Flamenco (in reply to Dudnote

I love the way he looks so pissed off at the end of each piece. Paco used to do that too. Is being a pro such a balls ache? Or is it some kind of exhaustion having gotten through such an intense piece alive?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 1:12:36

Dudnote

Does anyone have partitions for the violins etc of Lamento? I've done a simplified kids version that covers the first page of Faucher's tab, but would be interested to have something more accurate and complete.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 1:33:11

bernd

The edition of Desde El Compás by David Leiva is something I don´t like, because you pay money for an accompanying CD where he didnt tune his guitar. Btw. has anyone this edition? It seems there is only a partial transkription, not the whole piece. For that I wouldn´t buy a book of picado lessons.

I know the slow video version, but that´s not what I´m looking for. I´d like to carry some writtten transkription and don´t what to use a computer to learn with.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 9:52:55

Leñador

Nice video thanks Dudnote!

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 14:32:41

Dudnote

quote:

ORIGINAL: bernd
The edition of Desde El Compás by David Leiva is something I don´t like, because you pay money for an accompanying CD where he didnt tune his guitar. Btw. has anyone this edition? It seems there is only a partial transkription, not the whole piece. For that I wouldn´t buy a book of picado lessons.

good to know. Would like to hear from someone who tried using that partition.
quote:

ORIGINAL: bernd
I know the slow video version, but that´s not what I´m looking for. I´d like to carry some writtten transkription and don´t what to use a computer to learn with.

I can relate to that, I hate using computers for guitar playing. But I don't mind mobile phone apps, you could always rip the sound track from any video and covert to .wav file, then play back slow using Audipo or some other slowdowner. Then you just check out the video occassionally to get the positions. It's a portable comprimise.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 16:00:13

Sr. Martins

I always use the computer (attached to big speakers) to transcribe things because I get the full spectrum of sound. On a phone there are a lot of frequencies that aren't well represented and that might mislead your ear.

Lately I've been using REAPER to do it. It has a great time-stretch algorithm and it's very flexible.

disclaimer: REAPER will only be a great tool if you already know how to work with advanced DAW's. If you're not into that, transcribe! or amazing slowdowner kind of apps will be a much better choice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 16:27:26

bernd

I had used Amzing Slow Downer in the beginig 2000s years when I made some own transcriptions. Neither I use a smartphone with mobile internet connection nor I have time to spend making transcriptions. I use a computer while playing just to play with Flamenco Compás Builder and maybe for scoring.

Again: Has anyone seen the book of David Leiva and knows for sure if the transcription is complete or not?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 13 2015 17:59:52

minorthang

Hi Bernd ,

I have david Leiva bk numero 2 - the complete vals by miguel is in there, miguel is amazing i love his tone how gypsy is los pescadores - and well anything he plays .. also i think alain faucher has transcribe many of his pieces
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2015 10:10:14

bernd

Hi minorthang,

thx. Alain Faucher transcribed just a part of his 2 LPs in a Book that doesn´t contain Vals Flamenco.

What can you say about the quality of the David Leiva version? Is it as serious as the Alain Faucher works? Are there any errors, unplayabilities, any difference to the original version apart from the second guitar?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2015 10:28:50

minorthang

hi Bernd ,

just checked it out 1st guitar (capo 1st fret) seems spot on , including all scale runs and bass notes / embellishments etc , 2nd guitar capo at 3rd fret - just shows basic chord windows -- I'm on book 1 beginner this piece is in the higher level book - (book2) way beyond me id need steroids for the scales !!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2015 11:28:14

Paul Magnussen

quote:

Has anyone seen the book of David Leiva and knows for sure if the transcription is complete or not?

I don’t have his Niño Miguel transcriptions, but I have both volumes of his Sabicas & Escudero transcriptions and DVDs. they’re very thorough.

http://www.amazon.com/Espa%C3%B1a-en-Dos-Guitarras-1/dp/B00H4DS2L0/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

http://www.amazon.com/Espa%C3%B1a-en-Dos-Guitarras-2/dp/B00H4DS350/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Feb. 14 2015 18:42:30

bernd

As I found out a friend learnt this piece from the CD and compared it with the transcription of the David Leiva book. His version is strictly not originally but simplified.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 9 2015 22:23:09
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Playing >>Tabs >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post