Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Get this up ya......   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Mark2

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to pink

I love this! Thanks Pink!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 16:29:44

mark indigo

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to guitarbuddha

quote:

I am not offended Mark I am tired of you.
tired of what? Tired of my taking exception to your offensive reactions to my posts?

quote:

I have suggested that you think a bit more about your own motivations
You are not my psychotherapist, and I resent your patronising and condescending suggestions that I have some kind of ulterior "motivation" in relation to you.

quote:

[I have suggested that you....] be less concerned with mine and indeed with me in general.
I am not concerned with your "motivations". If I have something to contribute to a thread I do so.
If it means I disagree with someone then that is based on the content of the post I am replying to.
What seems to happen with you over and over is that you react to me with offensive sarcasm or obfuscating ambiguity.

quote:

You must be aware that I am not enjoying interacting with you.
ditto. I am not trying to wind you up or insult you, but you consistently react to me as if I am.
Your hostility towards me is just looking a bit paranoid from here.

quote:

I have done all I can to let you know that and as my patience has worn thin I have grown less and less polite
I think this started with the AT, when you reacted to what you thought was me "yanking [your] chain".
You were impatient and impolite from the start. And far from having "done all I can to let you know" you've gone from sarcasm to refusing to explain or clarify what you mean and back again.
I tried to sort things out with in that AT thread, but you refused to communicate further.

quote:

I don't think that you treat everyone this way which is why I haven't called you a troll.
well that would indeed be the pot calling the kettle black.
I would (and do) respond to anyone who behaved towards me in the way you do in exactly the same way.

quote:

mostly I think you are deliberately annoying me.
sometimes disagreeing with things you post is not the same as trying to annoy you!
But you do seem to get annoyed when I don't share the same view as you do. I don't know why. It does seem that you have taken a personal dislike to me.

quote:

And if it isn't deliberate then perhaps I am not the only one who should be thinking a little more before posting.
Actually I go out of my way to try to make sure that my posts are not provocative or offensive. I read through before posting.
I use the "preview" button. I sit back and think about it. I try to address the issue that whoever is posting about rather than attacking the person posting.
And I often hit "OK" and then see the post in the thread and immediately edit it quick before anyone gets the wrong idea.... doesn't seem to work with you though.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 17:31:10

guitarbuddha

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to mark indigo

Mark it really isn't all about me.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 18:02:39

mark indigo

quote:

Mark it really isn't all about me.

I don't see how you could interpret this as "deliberately annoying", or trolling, or personally attacking you or whatever else you think is going on:

quote:

well, maybe.... or maybe he just heard it on the radio and it stuck in his ear and found it's way into his falseta without him knowing (or caring) who it was by.... maybe someone here knows him and can ask?

Just don't keep turning the snooty sarcasm on me and I'm sure we'll get along fine....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 19:07:11

guitarbuddha

I like sarcasm. It can be useful. It can also be fun when the often tedious demand to unpack doesn't seem inevitable.

I'm snooty too ? Thanks for letting me know.

I don't think a multivoiced mash up works it's own way into any guitarist's playing.

I think you were being dismissive and perhaps obtuse. I may be wrong.

Or maybe I should just flat out tell you that you were obtuse and dismissive, would that be less snooty ? It would certainly be less sarcastic.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 19:20:56

mark indigo

quote:

I like sarcasm. It can be useful. It can also be fun when the often tedious demand to unpack doesn't seem inevitable.

I'm snooty too ? Thanks for letting me know.

I don't think a multivoiced mash up works it's own way into any guitarist's playing.

I think you were being dismissive and perhaps obtuse. I may be wrong.

Or maybe I should just flat out tell you that you were obtuse and dismissive, would that be less snooty ? It would certainly be less sarcastic.

You may have felt dismissed, but I wasn't dismissing you, or even what you said, or I wouldn't have started with "maybe"

and this is what I get anytime I post in a thread you are active on.
it's rude, it's insulting, it's offensive.
No doubt you think you are being witty and intelligent, but I don't think you are being either of those, just hostile and nasty.
gross.

I'm outta here

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 19:50:16

Grisha

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to Mark2

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 19:54:37

guitarbuddha

quote:

ORIGINAL: mark indigo

No doubt you think you are being witty and intelligent, but I don't think you are being either of those, just hostile and nasty.
gross.

I'm outta here

So I called you Obtuse and Dismissive flat out and you leave adding another three to your tally of direct insults towards me. Hostile, nasty and gross.

And lets not forget paranoid.

My Sarcasm is actually intended to be light and playful. I regret that that doesn't come across in my posts but the alternative of direct insult is more distasteful as you yourself seem inclined to agree.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 20:00:12

guitarbuddha

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to Grisha

Thank you Grisha for the provenance of the section starting at 7.10 that I thought might be Piazzolla.

Now I feel guilty about being such a lazy researcher as well as a terrible human being.

Nothing lazy about Rafael's, or Grisha's research though, that's for sure.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 20:05:49

guitarbuddha

Dagnabbit I made this same mistake before.

Tango en Skai by Roland Dyens used this tune as it's basis and I mistook that for Piazzolla too on this very foro not long ago.

I need better ears, and a longer memory.

D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 20:32:37

pink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark2

Ummmmmmmm.
My next thread was going to be on religion......just to bring people together! That couldn't possibly result in any hostilities?!!

Best
''And may your god go with you''

pink
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2014 21:03:40

Ruphus

Mark and David know a lot about music on a sophisticated level.
I assume, the minute they won´t get entangled with minor peripherals they might discover more consensus than anything.
Looks like misunderstandings before all, and will likely resolve.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2014 0:07:21

orsonw

RE: Get this up ya...... Live versio... (in reply to pink

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2014 8:45:23

[Deleted] (in reply to Mark2

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2014 12:00:50

pink

RE: Get this up ya...... Live versio... (in reply to orsonw

Thanks Orson, I hadn't seen this.
The man is a genius ......so is Rafael!!
Awesome.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2014 21:28:13

Mark2

RE: Get this up ya...... (in reply to pink

Hey I don't know, but that vamp he did and soloed over-I've never heard that in farucca and it was great. So, yeah, I loved it.
quote:

ORIGINAL: pink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark2

Ummmmmmmm.
My next thread was going to be on religion......just to bring people together! That couldn't possibly result in any hostilities?!!

Best
''And may your god go with you''

pink
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 22 2014 21:58:45

pink

Mark2,
When you posted your original reply on 30th April I wrongly assumed you were jokingly thanking me for the' skirmish 'going on between two of our fellow members!! ....for some reason I didn't think you could possibly be commenting on the original posted video clip!! Apologies!!
Agreed.....that vamp and solo bit kicks!!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 23 2014 22:20:35
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post