Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Need advice on buying a flamenco guitar   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Mvromero

Need advice on buying a flamenco guitar 

I have been playing flamenco style for about a year and I think its time to upgrade from my last guitar. I had gone to my local guitar center and tried their flamenco guitars which were only four; cordoba's GK studio blanca and negra, a cordoba F7 and a manuel rodriguez c3. I was very dissapointed with the GK's but the F7 was very good for the price. And the manuel rodriguez sounded way better but was constructed very poorly. The neck was very bent and the action way too high even on classical guitar standards. So I ended up buying the F7. I now would like to buy a better guitar that is not so expensive but considerably better sounding than an F7. My budget is no more than 2500 dls. Do you guys have any recommendations on flamenco guitars within this price range? I would prefer a negra also. The loriente carmen negra caught my eye, also another negra from Kremona but I have no way of trying them out myself cause of my location, so im on need of advice. Id say my flamenco lvl is about intermediate and would have to shop for it online since in my city no store has flamenco guitars except for GC.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 24 2014 23:44:10

Leñador

RE: Need advice on buying a flamenco... (in reply to Mvromero

I would talk to:
Stephen Faulk
Anders Eliason
Andy Culpepper
(Random order)
They may have a 2A instrument in your price range and it's a hand made proper instrument.
They're on the forum here if you search.
Buena suerte!

\m/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 25 2014 0:46:41

bernd

Regarding the Kremona, last year at the Frankurt Musikmesse I was very pleasent surprized by a blanca. This year they exhibited the same model, but it was a very poor version. To make it even worse they stringed it with flamenco strings in black trebles, also the negra model. By that apperance this were just any flamenco guitars.

Why not a Cordoba F10? Thomann has a B-Stock model at 799 €. Afaik they ship worldwide. A Juan Hernández could be interesting, too, if you are looking for some good manufactured guitars. Should you focus on a handmade, then I agree with lenador. Maybe Zurdo from La Falseta who is a fellow member here as well as the guitar makers named above.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 27 2014 12:51:22

Anders Eliasson

quote:

I have no way of trying them out myself cause of my location, so im on need of advice.

It would help if you told where your location is. Guitar prices change a lot depending on taxes etc. an example is that if I was to import a guitar to Spain from outside EU, I would have to accept shipping price and 25 - 30% tax on both the guitar and the shipping. That chnages the perspective a lot.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 27 2014 15:17:31

Mvromero

RE: Need advice on buying a flamenco... (in reply to Anders Eliasson

I live in El Paso Texas United States
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2014 5:41:09

Anders Eliasson

Then you should be able to find a good guitar.
I wouldnt buy a factory guitar for that money. You can get a nice luthier built instrument for that price. Look in the classifieds section here and contact some of the builders which have been mentioned here. And also contact 'La falseta' shop which is in Texas. Tom Nuñez might have something for you. Take your time.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2014 7:27:26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote