Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Basically two kinds of timbre?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Ruphus

RE: Basically two kinds of timbre? (in reply to Ruphus

There is a difference between an angled neck and a bowing one. When bowing forward it should be what is named "neck relief".

When you look down the fretboard from the headstock you may note a slight depression.
-

See if you like Augustine Imperial Blue. To me the best, most lifely and crisp basses ever.
And that they seem to have longest life span of all the brands I tried doesn´t hurt either.
The blue are high tension though. Should you like it softer maybe check out Augustine discriptions for less tension.

Ruphus
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2013 20:57:26

aeolus

RE: Basically two kinds of timbre? (in reply to Ruphus

I have a Reyes copy done by a San Antonio luthier Lucio Nunez done to a plan made by Tom Blackshear the plan being a measured drawing of a Reyes guitar. I also have a copy of the drawing Tom made.

The plan says:to insure proper string action the neck must be brought forward 2mm and the top domed slightly between the bridge and the tail block. .
I assume brought forward means raised.

I'll try Augustine as I have both blue and purple on hand. But?
(Blue - high, Red - medium, and Black S.P. - low). Gold basses (medium tension only) are also available.

So what is purple(regal)? I may have red. I'll have to look. they seem to go out of their way to complicate things.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 28 2013 21:25:18
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post