Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Difficulty Logging In   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Difficulty Logging In 

Simon,

I can't seem to get logged in properly. After entering the user name and password I get notified that I am successfully logged in but then all of a sudden a window tells me that "something is trying to close this window" and if i click on "no" it goes blank, if I click on "yes" I get completely thrown off-line and I'm returned to my desk top.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 1 2003 23:42:04

Escribano

RE: Difficulty Logging In (in reply to Guest

Anything changed? New PC, OS, application installation, browser settings? What OS, browser etc. are you using.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2003 8:52:14

Michael

RE: Difficulty Logging In (in reply to Guest

Simon,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm now able to log on and I don't for the life of me know why it wouldn't work yesterday.

I've been away for a while and I had to get a new pass word as I lost my old one, maybe that had something to do with it.

Speaking of pass words.... Are we able to change and personalize our pass words? Or is there an easier way to get logged on? I've been reluctant to click on the cookie item as I've been spammed to death in the past on other web sites, or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks again,
Michael
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2003 12:08:10

Escribano

RE: Difficulty Logging In (in reply to Michael

quote:

Are we able to change and personalize our pass words? Or is there an easier way to get logged on? I've been reluctant to click on the cookie item as I've been spammed to death in the past on other web sites, or am I just being too cautious?

The cookie doesn't work for me, probably my IE settings and I don't really want to use it as I log in from lots of computers, probably 3 or 4 a day.

Click on My Profile and (Change Password) next to Login or try clicking here when you are logged in.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 2 2003 15:41:56

Escribano

RE: Difficulty Logging In (in reply to Michael

For future reference, I figured out what happened. You might have book marked the login page, or it completed the URL for you to http://www.foroflamenco.com/login.asp

This will open the login page, full screen and log you in but it expects the home page to be open behind and it is the home page that is trying to close the login window but doesn't open itself. At least, that's what I think. Try it.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2003 9:21:49

Michael

RE: Difficulty Logging In (in reply to Escribano

Simon,

I think you need to head up another forum as a consultant to people who suffer from a lack of computer science such as me. Your answer was brilliant and right on target.

Thanks.
Michael

Now if I can only figure out how to play this bloody guitar................
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2003 16:39:49
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post