Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsiorba guitar!!!!!!!!   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gounaro

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to gbv1158

quote:

... what I would NEVER do, however, is to allow anyone, to put a BIG! signature on my guitars!!.....
Luthier signature -on the label inside - has to be the only one!

Ι tottaly agree with giambattista. I think that i would prefer Paco to sign me a cd of his or something else than my guitar.

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 10:30:27

[Deleted] (in reply to gounaro

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 14:09:57

[Deleted] (in reply to RTC

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 14:15:30

[Deleted] (in reply to Doitsujin

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 14:22:39

kudo

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to HolyEvil

quote:

who does Paco have? other than the self proclaimed barefooted guitarist/maker of the previous previous guitar rumbaking had.
just wondering.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 16:30:25

kudo

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to Guest

quote:

what I would NEVER do, however, is to allow anyone, to put a BIG! signature on my guitars!!.....
Luthier signature -on the label inside - has to be the only one! IMO
:-)

why is that? I heard someone else sayign that before, he never explained

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 16:31:34

paul.troutfisher

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to vigrond

when/where is the Oakland concert?

thanks

troutie
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 17:41:07

vigrond

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to paul.troutfisher

quote:

when/where is the Oakland concert?

http://www.sfjazz.org/events/paco-de-luc%C3%ADa

Friday, April 27, 8:00pm
at Paramount Theatre
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 18:21:49

marduk

that would have been a great experience (seeing the concert and meeting Paco) thanks for sharing the photos
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 18:54:47

gbv1158

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to kudo

quote:

why is that? I heard someone else sayign that before, he never explained

well,
for my case I think it's connected to my work ... (Architect) ... it is perhaps due in particular to the restoration of old churches (inside which often are pipe organs, antique paintings or sculptures ecc).
I have always found the signatures of the Master Builders or Restorers of the past, hidden in some remote places of the opera.

This kind of discretion, concerning the presence of a signature on an opera ( an architecture, a painting, a sculpture or other artistical things) has always fascinated me ... as well as old Italian artistical furniture Masters who signed their creations in the hidden parts of it!, never well visible!

A BIG signature clearly visible on a work of art, like a Luthier guitar, is to me a kind of "outrage" to the artistic uniqueness of the guitar.

I do not tolerate the presence of any other distinguishing feature on the guitar (in this case the signature of a master guitarist) because it reduces the "presence" of the Luthier and Me as the ONLY TWO subjects involved in the “essence” of the life of the instrument related to myself.

Also there is the purely aesthetic, which I think must be respected in order to leave the original look of the guitar that, IMO, has to remain "authentic" over the years.

To allow others to sign a guitar is to me … just the modern (distorted) way to have an emotional relationship with our musical idols.

To me, it makes sense that a master guitar player signs his CD ... but certainly not the guitar that I play! ... even if I would like to play his best pieces.
:-) ciao,
giambattista
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 19:54:41

gounaro

quote:

well,
for my case I think it's connected to my work ... (Architect) ... it is perhaps due in particular to the restoration of old churches (inside which often are pipe organs, antique paintings or sculptures ecc).
I have always found the signatures of the Master Builders or Restorers of the past, hidden in some remote places of the opera.

This kind of discretion, concerning the presence of a signature on an opera ( an architecture, a painting, a sculpture or other artistical things) has always fascinated me ... as well as old Italian artistical furniture Masters who signed their creations in the hidden parts of it!, never well visible!

A BIG signature clearly visible on a work of art, like a Luthier guitar, is to me a kind of "outrage" to the artistic uniqueness of the guitar.

I do not tolerate the presence of any other distinguishing feature on the guitar (in this case the signature of a master guitarist) because it reduces the "presence" of the Luthier and Me as the ONLY TWO subjects involved in the “essence” of the life of the instrument related to myself.

Also there is the purely aesthetic, which I think must be respected in order to leave the original look of the guitar that, IMO, has to remain "authentic" over the years.

To allow others to sign a guitar is to me … just the modern (distorted) way to have an emotional relationship with our musical idols.

To me, it makes sense that a master guitar player signs his CD ... but certainly not the guitar that I play! ... even if I would like to play his best pieces.
giambattista

I cant agree more...

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 20:20:52

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 20:35:50

gounaro

Actually, it's not so bad....

How many days did you have the guitar since Paco signed it?

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 21:34:06

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 22:54:26

Doitsujin

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 26 2012 20:26:08
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 23:16:28

gounaro

quote:

About 5 or 6 days only...

When i look at the picture Paco sign you guitar you have an expression to you face, saying somethin like: "Oh my God, it's a 6 days guitar. What is he doing?"

Anyway, nice guitar and be happy meeting Paco. I'm sure this is dream for many here in Foro. You're so lucky!

Spyros
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 23:16:35

Florian

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to gounaro

quote:

well,

giambattista

with all other guitarists yes but with someone like Paco it would truly be an honor, i don't think it takes away from the guitar at all Imo.

many other greater guitarists with better guitars also thought so as it seemed to be the thing to do, Diego Del Morao, David Cerreduela etc..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 9 2012 23:45:35

[Deleted] (in reply to Florian

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 1:45:54

Andy Culpepper

Eh... I think the signature is cool. Sharpie comes off with alcohol, which also softens shellac, but it would not be hard to remove the signature and then repolish the finish. But I'm guessing you'll keep it on there
Congrats rumbaking.

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 2:55:08

kudo

quote:

Masters who signed their creations in the hidden parts of it!, never well visible!

so are you Ok if paco signed the back of the guitar which NO one will see? in the case, no one will see it, and when you playing it, no one will see it because its on your chest basically! what do you think?
besides, dont you think his signature looks artistic too? its not a scribble like some of the soccer stars signature on a ball ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 4:43:46

kudo

I also bet that any luthier would want Paco to sign their hand made guitar if they meet paco , what do you think peter?

dont forget it also brings more attention to the guitar too! if you had a signed one in the middle of a bunch of unsigned ones, which one would grab peoples attention?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 4:46:03

gbv1158

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to kudo

quote:

so are you Ok if paco signed the back of the guitar which NO one will see? in the case, no one will see it, and when you playing it, no one will see it because its on your chest basically! what do you think?
besides, dont you think his signature looks artistic too?

truly, as I said , I dont like any signature, (aside luthier on label) on the guitar, no matter if in the top, on the side or back. and even if it is a nice looking and important signature as the one of Paco.

The guitar has to remain the same as the day was finished by the luthier!
Other signatures having no connection with the guitar costruzion or restoration, have nothing to do with the guitar....
because -IMO -what drives us to want an our Idol to sign the guitar is basically the desire to "imitate" him .....believing that our guitar or we ourselves are so better or more important .... perhaps to have more attentions on us or simply to feel better we with ourself (something that has to do with our natural narcissism)......but that's another psychological and cultural story.

........however it is ok that everyone "lives" his guitar his way.
ciao
giambattista
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 8:19:38

XXX

To me, not the guitar is a piece of art, but the music that comes out of it. I do not enjoy looking at or playing guitars by itself. I enjoy the music and everything else and think that a guitar must be much more than a piece of art, it is a piece of engineering which requires skills and knowledge to be crafted in a way to make art possible. Pacos sig is aesthetically pleasing. It enhances the look of the guitar. I would actually allow anyone whom i consider worth enough, to sign my guitar, not just luthiers or guitarrists. Well the obvious exception being dancers of course. But apart from that, anyone.

Its just a guitar by the way, not a Mona Lisa.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 8:34:36

Pimientito

When did everyone suddenly get so purist??
Manitas de plata had picasso draw on his guitar, manuel de valencia plays a conde with a paco signature on it so do a bunch of other professional players. I believe its considered pretty cool to have paco sign your guitar.
quote:

what I would NEVER do, however, is to allow anyone, to put a BIG! signature on my guitars!!

Since when was Paco de Lucia just anyone? Do you know how much guitars signed by Sabicas and Segovia are worth now?
Rumbaking...ignore all the jealous comments man!! The fact that you have a photo documentation of Paco playing that guitar and signing it means you should get a piece of Golpe plate and protect that area of the guitar to stop it from EVER wearing off. You own an instrument touched by a legend. Even if it doesnt make the instrument better...its YOUR connection with the instrument and your connection with the music that is important. That is what Paco has put his mark on!
How you can you play that guitar today without twice the pride of last week?
I'm very happy for you Man, Pim.

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 10:35:52

Doitsujin

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 26 2012 20:25:59
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 12:06:20

[Deleted] (in reply to Pimientito

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 12:42:43

Arash

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to Pimientito

There is one guitar, on which Paco's signature wouldn't change anything.
Not only it wouldn't increase the value of the guitar, but decrease the value of Paco. It has sonorous very sweet timric colors .....

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 13:08:37

El Polaco

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to Arash

It always bothered me that Diego del Morao had his red Conde signed by Paco. I guess he was just a teen at the time.
Wonder if he regrets it now that he is respected as he is in his own right?

J.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 13:27:52

[Deleted] (in reply to Arash

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 14:09:18

gbv1158

RE: Paco De Lucia plays my new Tsior... (in reply to Pimientito

quote:

Rumbaking...ignore all the jealous comments man!!

jealousy ?...no please!

I would like to say to Scott that I expressed ONLY MY idea .....indeed I'm so happy for you man! and gives me pleasure that you enjoy your new beautiful guitar!

ciao
giambattista
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 10 2012 14:29:19
Page:   <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2] 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message