Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

[Deleted]   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

[Deleted] 

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 7:39:35

Florian

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to Guest

write to the seller straight away explaining this and explaining that you are happy to ship it straight back the second it arrives and perhaps offer to reimburse him his transport costs..if you think hes genuinely put out

whats the item ?

don't pay anything until you do get the item in the mail first...it might even be a scam

i once bought like a cheap t-shirt...thinking it was local but it was from the states...anyway for a cheap t shirt it was gonna more pain than worth to pay for it as i couldn't just deposit in a bank account from home ...so i wrote to the guy explaining this...no replie...then about a week later i get a message saying hes shipped the item...i am thinking "what a nice guy he just shipped it on trust, u just dont get that anymore..i should pay before it gets here to return the gesture" but i got lazy, distracted and never did...figuring il just pay it when i get it....it never got here

once in a blue moon if you know the buyer maybe but if you running a reputable business on ebay u just not gonna ship items before people pay for them

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 7:45:15

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:30:40
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 7:58:28

Florian

**** !!.. how much is it ? sounds dodgy ...someone shipping off a flamenco guitar without having seen a cent first, i don't really believe it...have you written to him in spanish too ?...

if it was genuine the guy would have replied to you by now...after all he already sent you his flamenco guitar and u didn't pay a cent..he would want his money, hes losing..if it was genuine..most times when people u dont know are in a hurry to send you items you didn't pay for there's either something wrong with the item or the buyer

either way, after writing in spanish dont do anything until you either get the guitar or hear back from him

keep us posted

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:00:00

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:31:27
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:08:17

Florian

quote:

o they have bids in all items in e bay?

no not that i know off

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:09:24

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:31:35
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:14:57

Florian

quote:

do you think it's a scam?I hate this situation

yes, 70% of me does

people just dont pay $200 for shipping and send a $622.00 item without seeing a cent first

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:16:20

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:32:17
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:16:52

Florian

quote:

In my e bay account is stated that I didnt bid on any item.thank God.

there you go...it would be there if you did, it would tell you Won items and how much you owe

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:18:38

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:32:39
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:21:20

Florian

quote:

.hope it turns out okay

whats the worst that can happen ? u get a free 622 flamenco guitar u didnt ask for and are not obliged to pay for, or you don't...either way, it dosent cost you anything and u cant get in trouble with ebay...if only everybody else had your problems

chances are its a scam, check his feedback, even if by some small miracle it is genuine if your ebay says u haven't won the guitar u did nothing wrong

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:22:50

keith

kehati--it is most likely a scam or some very weird error but i am leaning towards it being a scam. i am not sure if you have purchased something from e-bay but it is impossible to just click one button to buy something--there are a series of clicks going through how you are going to pay for the item. even if you accidently click the "buy it now" icon you are then prompted to verify the bid. the fact that your e-bay account shows no purchase is proof in the pudding.

this guitar and her more expensive "sister" have been on the bay for months if not a year or more without a nibble. assuming this is a scam, when you sent an inquiry to the seller the seller then figured he could unload it or at least get someone to think he purchased it and then send money. you can verify if the guitar has been sent by looking to see if there is a tracking number. if the bozo sent the guitar without you actually buying it well it appears you have a beach guitar--but i serioiusly doubt this guitar is anywhere but in a basement somewhere in france.

send e-bay an e-mail about this. the guy needs to be put on report.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 8:59:18

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: kehati

I BY MISTAKE BOUGHT AN ITEM , MAYBE I'VE CLICKED BY MISTAKE SOMEWHERE IN E BAY.AT THE END I GOT THIS MESSAGE FROM THE SELLER, TELLING ME THAT THIS ITEM IS ON SHIPMENT TO ME, WHILST I DONT PAY ANYTHING TO THE SELLER.

You can find out very easily if you really clicked on buy by mistake, or if this is a scam. If you bought the item, then you will receive an email from ebay (with your real name) telling you that you bought it. If you don't have this email, then relax and don't do anything. Even if you should receive a guitar, don't do anything. Just keep it, until the seller contacts you. Then tell him you didn't buy anything. Because if you bought and didn't pay, ebay will come after you. But since this is not the case, you don't have to do anything. If he wants the guitar back, tell him he can come and pick it up, but YOU won't do anything and waiste your time for his mistake.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 12:14:50

Anders Eliasson

Contact Ebay and tell them your story. If its a scam, there´s a good chance they´ll find out.
Good luck.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 12:41:14

Turner

As Anders says above, contact ebay and tell them what has happened.
If nothing else they can see that you didn't bid on anything and any communications you have had from the 'seller'.
Then if it is a scam then they know and can hopefully prevent others from being caught by this ruse.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 15:34:56

veet

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to Turner

Good luck contacting ebay. They don't make it easy. They make you wait a couple days before you can create an incident with their online form, and there's no number or email address to ever talk to a real human.

The good news is, as the "buyer" you're pretty safe- Ebay invariably errs in the buyer's favor. Just say something is "not as described in the ad" and youre golden whether it's true or not,

Ebay is a safe place to buy things, but not to sell things. Never sell anything on ebay you're not willing to lose. Long story I'll tell you some day.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 22:42:28

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 4 2012 8:31:54
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 22:49:34

Doitsujin

hmm I think all should be fine in the end.

I also wonder that you don´t have to at least double confirm when buying something...including confirming shipping address , billing etc... It should not be that easy that you could buy anything by accident with one click.. Then ebay would be flooded with customer-mails to whom happened the same.. Miss-clicks are quickly done... Man...I just remember when a friend of mine misclicked by accident this facebook picture and got in the news status of relationship: Gimme a blowjob...LOLOLOL ;P

don´t worry. The ebay customer service is pretty good. And they will protect you. Im sure.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 23:43:30

kudo

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

isclicked by accident this facebook picture and got in the news status of relationship: Gimme a blowjob...LOLOLOL ;P

LOL

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 28 2012 23:50:00

Florian

quote:

WHEN I SAW A MESSAGE VIA E MAIL SAYING THAT THE GUITAR HAS BEEN SHIPPED.WHAT IS GOING ON?AS LIKE FLO SAID, NO ONE WILL PAY $200 FOR SHIPMENT AND LET AN ITEM $622 GO OUT FROM THEIR SHOP WITHOUT RECEIVING ANY CENTS FROM THE BUYER.ANYWAY

could also be his clever way ( he thinks) to make you pay faster...but in fact it hasent been sent till you pay...

of anyone speaks french get them to write down the same message you sent him just incase he dosent speak english....unless you speak french

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 0:00:54

keith

kehati-- there are a lot of scams at the bay one being trying to get a buyer to buy something that has been bought by another person or the seller is trying to unload something no one wants to buy. the first example happens all the time--a person will get an e-mail stating the winner did not pay for the item and now you get the chance to get it. in your case you sent the seller an inquiry and it sounds to me that he sent you this statement that the guitar has been shipped to you hoping you will send him the money for something you did NOT purchase.

by the way, if the guitar in question is a french made guitar it is being sent from arizona, usa and not france.

no seller in his right mind, unless he is a pilot for jet blue, would ship a guitar to someone who has not paid for it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 1:32:37

kudo

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to keith

quote:

unless he is a pilot for jet blue, w
HAHAH LOL

for those who dont know:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121240/JetBlue-pilot-Clayton-Osbon-restrained-PASSENGERS-going-berserk-mid-flight.html

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 1:38:03

keith

kehati--buy the way, here is what the seller of that french made guitar says are his shipping charges:

Overseas shipping is from the US, the cost to Canada is $59, to the UK and most of the EU is $95, and to Australia is $125, all include insurance of course. Import duties or taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the buyer.

Please email me for shipping costs to other countries.

i am not sure where you live but arizona to australia is about as far as it gets so the $200 shipping costs he quoted seems rather odd.

as a post note: the only way for the seller to get your address is through your payment method. if you did not pay for the guitar the seller does not have your address.

as to the "french guitars" i suspect these guiitars were built by chinese in china and the only thing french about them is the boss made the workers wear berets and gave them a slice of french bread for lunch.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 1:57:56

Arash

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to veet

quote:

ORIGINAL: veet

Good luck contacting ebay. They don't make it easy. They make you wait a couple days before you can create an incident with their online form, and there's no number or email address to ever talk to a real human.

Don't agree. I had a problem with a buyer who left me negative feedback for no reason. So i called ebay by phone and got connected within seconds. A lady with a very nice and sexy voice talked with me for half an hour and listened to my detailed explanation. Then she just clicked something and the feedback was flushed down the toilet and i had 100% positive feedback again. Later i emailed that buyer with something like "hahaha, your feedback is gone ;)"
So ebay rocks ;)

well it was ebay.de (Germany) , so maybe ebay.com is different

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 12:37:32

horationelson

Hi,
I have bought a couple of guitars from this guy to keep on my boat.
I think they are Chinese but nevertheless they are great for the money,
and sound surprisingly good
You probably got a message that your guitar is packed & ready to ship,
He will not ship it until he has your shipping address & payment.
You should send him a message requesting to cancel your order.
No problem
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 13:10:42

Ramon Amira

This is clearly a scam. Nobody is sending you a $600 guitar without first receiving payment. The question that arises is how could he pull off a scam by sending unpaid-for merchandise.

It seems the only answer is that he hasn't really sent it yet, even though he said he has, and is hoping that the "buyer" will feel obligated to pay for it because it has already been shipped.

I would bet that if you just wait and do nothing, you will not receive the guitar. However, if you do receive it, all you need to do is contact the seller and tell him to send you a Return Authorization Shipping Label, or else send you the cost of return shipping in cash or as a credit to your credit card or PayPal account.

If he doesn't, and you don't receive the guitar, then the whole thing is a wash. If you do receive the guitar, and he doesn't arrange for the return at no cost to you, or doesn't reply to your emails, then you get a free guitar.

Ramon

Classical and flamenco guitars from Spain Ramon Amira Guitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 14:34:22

veet

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Mar. 29 2012 15:38:03
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 15:37:37

veet

RE: got a problem with ebay, please help (in reply to Arash

quote:

Don't agree. I had a problem with a buyer who left me negative feedback for no reason. So i called ebay by phone and got connected within seconds. A lady with a very nice and sexy voice talked with me for half an hour and listened to my detailed explanation. Then she just clicked something and the feedback was flushed down the toilet and i had 100% positive feedback again. Later i emailed that buyer with something like "hahaha, your feedback is gone ;)"
So ebay rocks ;)

well it was ebay.de (Germany) , so maybe ebay.com is different

Arash:
Getting bogus feedback removed is one thing, being ripped off is entirely another. I put up a parts-only macbook pro with a new hard disk and 4 gigs of ram, the guy paid by paypal, I shipped it, and then he said it "wasn't as described" (- a flat out lie.) Ebay then withheld the payment, he sent me back a different carcass with all my good new parts gone. I was out the shipping cost, the disk and ram. All this after a solid month of appeals, documentation of what I'd sent, etc. Reading the ebay user forums, I found my experience was the norm, not the exception.

Seller beware. Don't ship anything via ebay that you aren't willing to lose.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 15:39:57

Doitsujin

Is the seller anonymous? Not too many people buy and sell flamenco guitars...maybe one of us knows this guy? If its from Germany...maybe I could know him or have friends who know him... Germany isnt that big.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 29 2012 22:51:25
Page:   [1] 2    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post