Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

totally off topic   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

XXX

totally off topic 

Have to get all of this into my head until Thursday... this and much more actually.
Anyone familiar with this?

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 10:07:11

odinz

RE: totally off topic (in reply to XXX

iron-carbon something?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 11:53:56

marrow3

iron carbon phase diagram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cementite
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 12:34:32

XXX

RE: totally off topic (in reply to marrow3

Its both, iron-carbon and iron-cementit. For maximum torture.
To make it funnier, i just started getting a cold today. Im gonna be grilled on Thursday.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 14:26:13

marrow3

sometimes it feels like you've taken your brain out, jumped up and down on it, and then put it back-
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 20:13:37

[Deleted] (in reply to XXX

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 11 2011 20:42:38

Pimientito

If all else fails, you can score along the lines with a pair of scissors and it folds into a really cool box for displaying chocolate eggs!

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 12 2011 8:27:52

XXX

RE: totally off topic (in reply to Guest

Im so sick today, gonna cancel the oral exam.
The first task would have been to draw all of it by heart (really all of it). Second task is to cool it down from a given point. When these two are accomplished you'll be allowed to take part in the oral exam.
Im not even a mechanical engineer student (its called economics engineer), but i have to take this course together with the other engineers.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 12 2011 10:41:07

[Deleted] (in reply to XXX

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 12 2011 15:37:19

kozz

I used to be familiar with it a long time ago when I was working at Philips Natlab R&D,...looking at it it is still interesting....goodluck!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 14 2011 16:04:08

XXX

Man i was so sick when i wrote the last time here. I even had pretty high fever. Almost miraculous that i recovered the next day. I really could finish learning all of this diagram, so i will tackle the exam tomorrow. I hope the Prof has a good day tomorrow, because he is famous for grilling the students and let them all fail.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2011 17:57:35

estebanana

wait for it.........

Doit to do something crazy here.............

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 16 2011 2:36:28

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shroomy726

quote:

quote:

College is obsolete.

Totally!! :)

This is a ridiculous statement. If anything, college is starting to be a necessity in some countries (*cough* USA *cough*). If you are telling me that this country is ready to be inherited by young Americans with just a high school degree, then you are mad. Public education in the United States is getting worse and worse. This is from own experience having taken the last two years of high school here in the States and also because my wife is an English high school teacher. Not only did I breeze through those two years without even picking up a book, but you should read some of the essays my wife's kids write, it's really quite shocking that in one of the most developed countries in the world the quality of education is so low... And yet they keep cutting the school's budget, ha! It's funny because this reminds me of my sister in law who dropped out of high school and has not been to college since. She spends all day on the net, reading wikipedia and learning random facts online, memorizing them, thinking this makes her "smart". Her attempt is specially futile because she is learninga lot of it from unreliable sources. She never had to research proper sources at school and so she does not understand that aspect of it.

And when it comes to highly complex and technical degrees, college is a must. Like Richard so clearly put it, the study and mastery of science is a very laborious task and would be extremely difficult without lectures and/or exercises. Not long ago, Deniz posted a question about a phase diagram. Why make a random post in a flamenco forum when you can so easily obtain this information online? Notice how my reply was not only to explain the diagram but to assign a sample problem. And yet the assignment went unsolved. In this I agree with Richard; some degrees require the solving of problems and the trials and errors that come with it. If the teacher or video instructor is just working problems in class and students not solving them on their own, then this presents no challenge to the student. Actually trying on your own molds the mind and allows you to develop your own way of thinking.

I dare you to try to become an engineer with only the internet.

I really forgot to update this thread. It turned out i failed in the first try, i couldnt learn properly too coz of the sickness. But there was a second oral exam in september, which i passed. This is the live drawing i made in that exam, by heart. As you see, its perfect. Its complete and there is not one single mistake in it. On the right there is a line that the prof draw, its just BS, ignore that.

One week after the oral exam was the written exam which i passed as 2nd best out of 20 people. It is rarely the case and i more rarely say it openly, but this is really something im proud of. I am seriously trying to keep this, as this course was one of the things in my life i have spent most time into.

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 20 2011 8:19:02

Richard Jernigan

Congratulations, Deniz!

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Dec. 20 2011 8:26:57

edguerin

Herzliche Glückwünsche!!!