Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Amplification, yet again.   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

RE: Amplification, yet again. (in reply to sixstringjazz

DEPENDING which bartlett you have ie guitar pro or guitar pro B
[i bought both but this will only work with the 'B' ie box with battery and wireless option not the phantom model]

the L.R Baggs para acoustic di works a treat.....

keep the amp or monitor to your left or headstock side.....

these things have helped me and use of the Bartlett... but as tunermoran said it's about notching frequencies....the baggs is good for this.
and placement....
'phase inversion' is also a huge help, a must at high gain/volume settings.....

have used this setup with 2X percussion, fretless bass, soprano sax and keys with no feedback problems and balanced volume/gain...very clear, warm and cutting through onstage mix.
http://www.lrbaggs.com/paradi.htm

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 17 2011 5:51:23

Ricardo

RE: Amplification, yet again. (in reply to James Ashley Mayer

I know most of folks favor a gig sized guitar amp in this thread, but thought to add my input. I have worked with many different PA systems, so many different amps, mics, guitars, speakers etc. It is a chain, and one problem in the chain affects the end result. The end result is the actual speaker, so starting there, I prefer EV because in general they seem to get the right high frequencies I look for in guitar sound (all other things equal in the chain). Amps, more watts the better because of the clearity of the the guitar, not volume necessarily. About feedback and mics and filters. It is a see saw, so you notch some frequency and you kill the guitar sound somehow. The flatter you can make it the better. For flamenco, if you dont play on or over the hole (some players do), that is the loudest sound the guitar makes but it is bassy. So cut bass and close mic, but you can't move an inch or the sound changes and feedback occurs or thins out.

The loudest I have gotten (not going piezo I mean) is with the sure beta 87A, you can get it right in the hole an inch from the strings and you don't get much bleed in or feedback but....you really can't move is the problem (see threads on back problems and sitting issues). We use those mics for vocals, loud as hell in a small club with cranked plug in guitars and drum machines, and even with them being placed close to or in front of the speaker, no feedback ever. And really clear tone with very little eq needed, but again you need to be very close to the mic for it to pick up clear.

Ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 17 2011 16:20:33
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message