Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Who is foroflamenco?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

rogeliocan

RE: Who is foroflamenco? (in reply to rogeliocan

Thank you all and tanks HemeolaMan for the super summary.
It's interesting to know who people are and their background, experience when reading what they write, it puts things in context.

I suppose I should introduce myself. I have only been seriously learning (or trying to) flamenco for under 2 years. And in that 2 years, a lot of time was wasted trying to find the proper path to learning. Changing goals did not help. I know now what I could have done better but what to do next is always a bit uncertain.

Flamenco is pretty much zero in Ottawa so I spent 2 months in Spain last summer, 4 weeks of which were dedicated to flamenco classes in Seville. I was not prepared for that, my technique (or better said, lack of) had to be completely changed and relearned so I came back with a tonne of falsetas to learn, and a lot of techniques to polish. That is why the beginner challenge was a welcomed change in my routine. But the Seville experience was still worthwile. I practiced more than I ever did before, from 9:30AM to 7PM with nothing else to get in the way. I soaked in flamenco, going to shows and peñas and for the first time I felt what flamenco was about and I loved it. I discovered that I love cante.

I will definitely return to Spain but only after I have made much improvement on all of the techniques, in 2012 I hope.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2010 16:40:19

at_leo_87

RE: Who is foroflamenco? (in reply to rogeliocan

quote:

I discovered that I love cante.

I will definitely return to Spain but only after I have made much improvement on all of the techniques, in 2012 I hope.

cante sounds so much better in real life.

you better improve faster. in 2012, the world will blow up.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2010 20:03:56

rogeliocan

RE: Who is foroflamenco? (in reply to at_leo_87

quote:

you better improve faster. in 2012, the world will blow up.

lol, I want that, I'm sure everyone in my house wants that, but my hands don't seem to know that. The faster improvement part...for the end of the world, well, I would go in June and it's not planned until October, so I'm good.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 27 2010 20:47:45
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post