Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

1959 Hernandez y Aguado "especial para C. Montoya"   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

etta

1959 Hernandez y Aguado "especi... 

When I was an 18 year old kid in l960, I bought a H. y A made in 59 from C. Montoya. It was made for him and inscribed to him from Hernandez y Aguado. It was a blanca with wonderful sound even for a kid who had never seen a real flamenco guitar until this one was shipped by the Montoyas to TN by train. About 1974, I gave up flamenco and the guitar (major nail issues) and sold it through a dealer in Nashville. Since getting back to the music, I would love to find this guitar. These makers made only about 10-12 blancas, and I suppose the guitar is in the hands of a collector. I would appreciate any info anyone has on the whereabouts of this guitar. Thanks, Jack at..... sheepbluff@gmail.com or 931-526-1472
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 28 2010 20:03:07

estebanana

RE: 1959 Hernandez y Aguado "es... (in reply to etta

Hey there, sounds like an interesting hunt.

You might want to call GSI in Santa Monica CA and ask them if they have ever seen it.
And don't stop searching locally. Good chance it is still nearby. It might be worth it to put up a post about your search in the 'Musicians' section on Nashville Craigslist. It might still be in town in a hopefully non flooded basement.

Good luck.

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2010 6:20:36

etta

RE: 1959 Hernandez y Aguado "es... (in reply to etta

Thanks; I will call GSI. The dealer in Nashville who brokered the sale said the guitar went to a "folk singer" in NY City????? At any rate, after my return to flamenco, after 40 plus years, I am even more regretful for letting the guitar go. I will attempt to attach a photo of the guitar about 1966, one of the few I have. (not sure will accept the photo) Jack
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 29 2010 13:10:35
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Lutherie >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post